Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 02:25:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 219978 times)
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #240 on: August 25, 2006, 03:48:21 AM »

Well, there's too many news in GN'R's world these days, I can't keep up yes

For once I'll be watching the VMA's.

I hope he's not at the end of the show or I'll be brainwashed by shitty music rofl

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #241 on: August 25, 2006, 04:26:01 AM »

He would really look badass wearing something like this, but only without the braids.

I wouldn't mind seeing Axl wearing Chet's shirt.... ok

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #242 on: August 25, 2006, 04:40:47 AM »

I cant imagine that the show would be that bad to sit through at all really! If Jack Black is presenting it, we know its gonna be pretty funny! Mike

peka80
Headliner

Living easy, livin' free!!!

« Reply #243 on: August 25, 2006, 04:49:51 AM »

I cant imagine that the show would be that bad to sit through at all really! If Jack Black is presenting it, we know its gonna be pretty funny! Mike

Like you sad, if Jack Black is hosting...
I bet he'll do some sketch involving Axl and hole thing about G'n'R! Something like Eminem on Movie Awards some year before!!!? Grin

Can't wait...? ok

Funny how everything was roses
When we held on to the guns
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #244 on: August 25, 2006, 05:20:51 AM »

He would really look badass wearing something like this, but only without the braids.

It was my first choice, plus the suit's color and his hair would work magics.

Nothing to say
lastroots
« Reply #245 on: August 25, 2006, 05:53:47 AM »

I don't think he will provide anything new while on stage. Just a publicity move to take another step back into the spotlight.

But how about an interview with Loder backstage?

/lastroots
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #246 on: August 25, 2006, 05:55:33 AM »

But how about an interview with Loder backstage

Been there before hihi Let's not rerun "I don't know if 'soon' is the word" peace

Long live GN'R.
TOPGUNner
Rocker

Gonna call the president...

« Reply #247 on: August 25, 2006, 06:01:48 AM »

So will Axl take time out of the presenting some useless award like "Best Ashton Kutcher Punk" to talk about Chinese Democracy? I can see it now....

"...And the winner for best on screen, oh who care, CHINESE DEMOCRACY coming out ___"

Got a one way ticket on your last chance ride
Got a one way ticket to your suicide
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #248 on: August 25, 2006, 06:04:41 AM »

So will Axl take time out of the presenting some useless award like "Best Ashton Kutcher Punk" to talk about Chinese Democracy? I can see it now....

"...And the winner for best on screen, oh who care, CHINESE DEMOCRACY coming out ___"

hihi

I actually like that idea..  pretty cool!

T.T.
?.?.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2006, 06:09:36 AM »

But how about an interview with Loder backstage

Been there before hihi Let's not rerun "I don't know if 'soon' is the word" peace
nice opening words... Ok soon wasn't the word...

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #250 on: August 25, 2006, 08:01:17 AM »

This will be really interesting to see.

Normally you get these celebs coming out and presenting awards, and people expect them to do this, but when Axl comes out won't everyone be like: Huh, Axl? What the Fuck? Oh my god?

What I mean is - do you think he's gonna get a hugely different reaction to other presenters when he comes on to present?

@#$%Funker
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #251 on: August 25, 2006, 08:08:17 AM »

Well I hope that those people in the audience will know who Axl Rose is, because MTV sure does play a lot of crap.

Long live GN'R.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #252 on: August 25, 2006, 08:15:15 AM »

Well I hope that those people in the audience will know who Axl Rose is, because MTV sure does play a lot of crap.

they will know who axl rose is.....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
greendog
« Reply #253 on: August 25, 2006, 08:15:45 AM »

i emailed ron about it yesterday evening... heres what he said (with my email first)

===================================
===================================

RE: No Subject ?
Body: Hi Lee,

Juuuuuuuuuuust heard (from a myspace mssg) that Axl is presenting an award - very cool Smiley

Don't think the band is playing though...

bbf

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Aug 24, 2006 2:02 PM

hey man.

i wasnt too sure whether this is the kind of question you could answer Tongue even though im sure you've been asked before. but i was wondering if there are any plans for you to perform at the VMA's? Since Ive heard that Axl is presenting an award... if thats even true.

well, i give you permission to shoot me if ive asked a bad question thats more apropriate for Guns managment. (Which reading though, im guessing it is) Its just that we dont get much from them you know. Tongue

Cheers man, you're the best Cheesy

Lee
Thirteen Ninety Six ?

==========================
==========================

There ya go.... doesnt look like they are.
greendog
« Reply #254 on: August 25, 2006, 08:18:26 AM »

Normally you get these celebs coming out and presenting awards, and people expect them to do this, but when Axl comes out won't everyone be like: Huh, Axl? What the Fuck? Oh my god?

What I mean is - do you think he's gonna get a hugely different reaction to other presenters when he comes on to present?

@#$%Funker
Why should he get a hugely different reaction? Its not as if we are the only people that know. Its hardly a big secret.

Axl is special to us... but thats because hes the singer of our favourite band... no offence, but i can imagin people at the VMAs been like, "oh, cool, its axl".
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2006, 08:23:05 AM »

@#$%Funker
Why should he get a hugely different reaction? Its not as if we are the only people that know. Its hardly a big secret.

Axl is special to us... but thats because hes the singer of our favourite band... no offence, but i can imagin people at the VMAs been like, "oh, cool, its axl".

I'm sure I'll get called "an Axl ass kisser" or something stupid like that for this; but I definately think there'll be a MUCH bigger pop for Axl then anyone else that night. He is in a much different league than just about everyone else listed on that press release from MTV.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
greendog
« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2006, 08:26:24 AM »

@#$%Funker

I'm sure I'll get called "an Axl ass kisser" or something stupid like that for this; but I definately think there'll be a MUCH bigger pop for Axl then anyone else that night. He is in a much different league than just about everyone else listed on that press release from MTV.

yeah, id like that to be the case too, dont get me wrong, i really hope he is really well recieved, its just that some people seem to forget that not everyone in the world is a Axl Rose/GnR fan Tongue

All im tryna say is dont get too worked up about it and expect really great things... we know hes going to be on, so other people will clearly know, its hardly going to be some big suprise? you get what i mean?

but man, its gonna be ace, i cant wait. Cheesy
Origen
« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2006, 08:37:30 AM »

@#$%Funker

50 Cent and Justin timberlake will get a bigger reaction imo opinion.

Justin Timberlake and 50 Cent are very big artists at the minute, people might just look at Axl at a 80s has been, thats not my opinion of him (oviously) but I just can't see why people would give him more of a reaction then Justin Timberlake and 50 Cent.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2006, 08:46:15 AM »

an announcement would be awesome or even just some sort of album news, i definetly think it'll be mentioned even if its a joke like, where have you been hiding or something like that...............

i think all in all this points to this year being the year. Axl is firmly in the media spotlight which is promotion in itself just being seen, and the fact that he's doing the vma is a huge thing for publicity for the band. great stuff

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2006, 08:59:24 AM »

@#$%Funker

50 Cent and Justin timberlake will get a bigger reaction imo opinion.

Justin Timberlake and 50 Cent are very big artists at the minute, people might just look at Axl at a 80s has been, thats not my opinion of him (oviously) but I just can't see why people would give him more of a reaction then Justin Timberlake and 50 Cent.

To me the reason for the bigger pop would be that he's a living legend and an icon. If nothing else it seems to me that there would be that sort of "mythic" factor to him.

Like alot of kids in the audience thinking "Whoa! Thats HIM! That's THE guy you always hear about!". Thats my reasoning, but as with the rest of the thoughts thrown out there in this thread, we'll all get our answers come next Thursday night!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: