Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 06:17:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 220115 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2006, 05:05:35 PM »

big deal....it's not like he's going to perform anything new, or announce anything....

I agree.? I totally expect Axl to do his thing and leave without even a mention of the album's release date.

I do not in anyway expect a release date during the show. I have no doubt in my mind that Axl and Loder will sit down at least at the post show to chat. I'm hoping Axl at least re-confirms the dall date during that interview.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2006, 05:07:50 PM »

Remember everything the presenters say at the VMA's is teleprompted. I don't know if anyone mentioned that yet or not??? There will be no release date announced. If anything the other person presenting with him will be asking dumb "supposed to be funny" questions like, "Where have you been the last 15 years Axl???" And then Axl will respond with some dumb "prepared" answer. It's nice he will be there, but nothing out of the ordinary will happen.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 05:16:25 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #162 on: August 24, 2006, 05:12:18 PM »

Remember everything the presenters say at the VMA's is teleprompted. I don't know if anyone mentioned that yet or not??? There will be no release date announced. If anything the other person presenting him will be asking dumb "supposed to be funny" questions like, "Where have you been the last 15 years Axl???" And then Axl will respond with some dumb "prepared" answer. It's nice he will be there, but nothing out of the ordinary will happen.

If his does either one I think he's going to do he'll present by himself because those two awards are always done that way.

As far as a teleprompter goes, there's no certainty that anyone will read exactly whats written for them.

Having said that I'm not assuming Axl will use giving someone else an award as a vehicle for making his own announcement. If he says anything it'll be pre or post show.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #163 on: August 24, 2006, 05:13:24 PM »

He was looking for a place in NY, probably found one and that is where he will return to after he gets back from London. With the VMAs being in New York and his new found love for making public appearances it makes sense for Axl to attend. I think alot of people are reading way to much into it. He will do the usual, present an award, read some god awful shit off a teleprompter and then appear on camera a few times, hopefully Jack Black will take a stab at him at some point! The Loader thing sounds good though, i really hope that happens!

Jonx
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #164 on: August 24, 2006, 05:15:16 PM »

I understand that sometimes people don't read the teleprompters, but I don't think Axl is going to go there and fuck around. He'll say what he is supposed to say and be done with it. This isn't the Axl of old. This will be his first time talking in front of an audience (other than concerts) for a long time and he won't want to fuck this oppurtunity up. ALSO, Axl will be getting introduced by someone before he presents. I wonder who will do that and what they will say??
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 05:17:54 PM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2006, 05:22:52 PM »

mmm... kind of makes sense - why is he there at all? well publicity for the tour perhaps?

I think it doesn't have anything to do with the tour, album or music in general.. it's more about him and his new appearance

couldn't be that he is so pleased with his new style that he wants the world to notice he's not the same as 2002?? I think he wants to show the world he is looking a lot better now that in all these years and he feels comfortable enough with how he looks and his new style so he wants everyone to see it, and see Axl is still kicking asses!

I really think this is only about his image and him wanting to show off his new appearance more than Guns N' Roses in particular, or the album or the music at all

and I also think he will be presenting either the Video Of The Year, or the Vanguard Award. Hopefully by himself and without having to act a dumb script with pathetic jokes

chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2006, 05:27:11 PM »

wow, this is actually really good. Axl's back everyone.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
Origen
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2006, 05:29:06 PM »

couldn't be that he is so pleased with his new style that he wants the world to notice he's not the same as 2002??

rofl I don't think so, imo.

"Hey everyone look at these fabulous new jeans I'm wearing and my lovely new t-shirt nd no honey they arn't calvin klein"

Don't see it happening  Grin
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2006, 05:31:21 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if he came on stage and sang onstage with one of the featured perfomers....Axl sings with RHCP for example....

It would be a cool move to get him on there to prove that he still has the pipes.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2006, 05:32:02 PM »

This is some pretty fucking cool news to read! I was so kind of hoping this would happen! Love or hate MTV, the VMA's are a pretty cool kind of place to get some pretty huge exposure! I would imagine that was the intention in 02 but something went wrong! I will be watching intently next week. Announcement or no announcement this will be massive exposure for Axl and the band! I just really hopr they play at some point or Axl makes an appereance with someone else! Mike ?beer

AxlRoseVen
Drink Til U Drop
Banned
VIP

« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2006, 05:35:41 PM »

Only 6 days wait till the show so that's not so bad.

I wounder what he's presenting?

maybe he's gonna present Shakira there, they both have da'same kind of hair these days!  hihi
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2006, 05:36:27 PM »

Not only that, they are replayed non-stop for about two weeks after the show! ?It's a huge viewing audience, that is worldwide when it's all said and done. ?If you are a name-musician, and getting ready to promote a product, there is no question that this is a must appearance.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2006, 05:41:44 PM »

I think its an all or nothing thing. Axl is either going to present an award, with no info about the album or single, or there is much more to this story (a special performance or segment on GNR). Remember in 2002 when they performed? The performance was to let the world know GNR was back. It was huge news, just because they were back. Axl wasn't thinking about releasing an album at that time (remember the Kurt Loder interview). I doubt Axl would use his time as a presenter to announce the album or single. It would be a poor publicity stunt. Axl needs to prove to the world that he still has it. This version of the band has the potential to blow away the audience. This is THE most anticipated album of all time. If there is going to be an announcement expect a a performance or segment on it (not necessarily the band performing, but perhaps a video montage anticipating Chinese Democracy and THEN Axl comes out and announces it).

Out of 9 pages posted, I got to page 6 b4 someone used my initial thought.  A video montage using demos clips would be very cool...a very nice teaser indeed.  Hell, include Jungle from Rock-Am-Ring and most Americans would shit their pants!  They'll sit down and say, "I thought he was fat and couldn't sing anymore?"   rofl  Talk about a wake-up call for the U.S.!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2006, 05:42:48 PM »

Not only that, they are replayed non-stop for about two weeks after the show! ?It's a huge viewing audience, that is worldwide when it's all said and done. ?If you are a name-musician, and getting ready to promote a product, there is no question that this is a must appearance.

I believe all of that too. I really can't see this going by without Axl sitting down w/ Loder at the after show as I said before. I think he won't give the specific date, but I do think he'll at least confirm that it's gonna be this fall.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2006, 05:44:11 PM »

Ill bet right now that GnR are performing as well... DEFINATELY seeking publicity.... But for what?? Fingers crossed people.

Sorry for spoiling the party, but don't get your hopes up about GNR playing...

http://www.millstreetbrews.com/MSB_Events.htm
Dizzy Reed can't show up.

BTW in the magical world of GNR, everything is possible...? Roll Eyes

Timewarp.? hihi

Okay, what songs are fair game to play without Dizzy?  Couldn't Pittman fill in admirably??

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2006, 05:48:32 PM »

Ill bet right now that GnR are performing as well... DEFINATELY seeking publicity.... But for what?? Fingers crossed people.

Sorry for spoiling the party, but don't get your hopes up about GNR playing...

http://www.millstreetbrews.com/MSB_Events.htm
Dizzy Reed can't show up.

BTW in the magical world of GNR, everything is possible...? Roll Eyes

Timewarp.? hihi

Okay, what songs are fair game to play without Dizzy?? Couldn't Pittman fill in admirably??

Guns N' Roses aren't performing so why would that matter?

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #176 on: August 24, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

Good news, but nobody get carried away, you'll probably just be disappointed.

Anyway, lets cut this crap and talk about the important stuff...

What's Axl gonna be wearing?

@#$%Funker
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #177 on: August 24, 2006, 05:51:21 PM »

I don't know, it's just cool to see him appear live in public, don't expect too much anything about CD ? Tongue

By the way Axl said the album would be out late fall, are we getting close, or too damn close and nothing seems to happen....
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 05:58:14 PM by MarioGunner » Logged

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
LaTeRaLuS
Rocker

Some say the end is near......

« Reply #178 on: August 24, 2006, 05:52:52 PM »

ok heres the most realistic scenario (if axl was to announce the date).......

- you'll get to see axl sat down a few times when the camera pans around the audience through he show etc

- axl will come on, give a mini speech, present the award and go off stage

- Guns n Roses wont perform

- luckily (very luckily) axl may get interviewd back stage after the show, personally its highly unlikely a date will be announced be he may drop a hint
badapple81
« Reply #179 on: August 24, 2006, 05:57:10 PM »

It's probably just part of getting Axl back in the public spotlight again, as has seem to be the case over the past few months, even before the live shows. Plus it'll be good to show Axl to the general public again who think he still wears the long jerseys and has that look. Show the public how badass he is looking these days and put the image out there.

Maybe he'll present an album award or something and make some little joke about him not having one yet or something..

I don't expect anything huge but would be cool all the same.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: