Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 09, 2024, 08:23:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228565 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 220219 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2006, 03:41:28 PM »

I think he'll do the best rock video, or then he will introduce the Killers.

If he does that perhaps they will open for him in Laz Vegas, but who knows. Regardless of that I think he will introduce them.

Word,

Jimmer
wowa wee wa, you're so cool.
seriously, that would be incredibly lame..
alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2006, 03:41:49 PM »

person comes up to accept award from axl:
"so, when you gonna release the album?"
"Monday"

Congratulation.
Its the best joke o hihi hihi peace love smoking ;Dn this forum.

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2006, 03:42:32 PM »

Funny how some people here always bash sp1at but when gigger announces something like that nobody gives him credit.

This info is to everyone. This has nothing to do with gigger and his insiders

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
RichardNixon
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2006, 03:43:52 PM »

As much as I'd like him to announce the release date for CD, I'd rather have him sodomize Justin Timberlake with a mic stand and then kick him in the nuts.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2006, 03:44:42 PM »

Not sure if it's been said yet...and I'm not about to go through 7 pages of posts...but...

I'd be willing to bet Axl's will present the final award (Video of the Year?) at the VMAs. There's a chance he may show at the very start of the show as well, but MTV legends such as Madonna, Michael Jackson, etc. are usually honored by being asked to either start or end the show.

Hmmm...maybe Axl will make it up to Connecticut after the show to play with Dizzy.

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2006, 03:44:59 PM »

I've been here for a while but..... about Axl presenting: u should watch the Red Carpet. Maybe he gets interview b4 the show...
Jbat

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2006, 03:45:42 PM »

Wow... any bit of news always brings out TONS of ridiculous statements all across the board.

What if MTV just contacted Axl and asked "Would you like to present an award at the show?", and Axl likes New York, so he said "Sure". ?All of sudden HTGTH creates BANNERS flying down from the stage with CD's release date on it.

There are LOTS of famous people who give out awards and do not perform... and the people who try to promote their album release date at awards shows usually look kind of lame and desperate for sales (Macy Gray's dress?).

Axl will probably give out an award and maybe do a few pre & post show interviews, nothing more.

Edit - ^ and that's fine with me, a lot of people will be let down if they build up their expecations.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 03:47:25 PM by Eazy E » Logged
EFISH
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2006, 03:48:45 PM »

^ but its more than unlikely of an occasion when Axl Rose comes to present at the VMA's..
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2006, 03:49:03 PM »

As of right now, Axl is not performing, just presenting. ?
Onikeus
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2006, 03:50:16 PM »

I think its an all or nothing thing. Axl is either going to present an award, with no info about the album or single, or there is much more to this story (a special performance or segment on GNR). Remember in 2002 when they performed? The performance was to let the world know GNR was back. It was huge news, just because they were back. Axl wasn't thinking about releasing an album at that time (remember the Kurt Loder interview). I doubt Axl would use his time as a presenter to announce the album or single. It would be a poor publicity stunt. Axl needs to prove to the world that he still has it. This version of the band has the potential to blow away the audience. This is THE most anticipated album of all time. If there is going to be an announcement expect a a performance or segment on it (not necessarily the band performing, but perhaps a video montage anticipating Chinese Democracy and THEN Axl comes out and announces it).
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2006, 03:51:43 PM »

^ but its more than unlikely of an occasion when Axl Rose comes to present at the VMA's..

Oh, I'm excited about that... but some people won't be satisfied unless they get a lot more than that.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2006, 03:52:09 PM »

Edit - ^ and that's fine with me, a lot of people will be let down if they build up their expecations.

c'mon Eazy E expectations are never too high around here hihi peace

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2006, 03:53:49 PM »

c'mon Eazy E expectations are never too high around here hihi peace

I'm just not letting my imagination get the better of me.   ok
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2006, 03:55:37 PM »

Actually this is the reason why they played instrumental solo of Beautiful on tour.

See, Richard's friend wrote that song and Robin played it solo.

Axl deep down is a HUGE Christina Aguilera fan.

So, the last performance will be Axl, Richard,Robin and Christina paying homage to Beautiful...the song.

rofl rofl rofl

Disclaimer...don't anyone believe this please.....just having fun here.
RichardNixon
« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2006, 03:57:56 PM »

With regard to Axl's public appearances, or GN'Rs tours, there is a point of diminishing returns. Axl's mystique now relies on his image as a recluse. If he just shows up for parties and awards for the next few years without anything to promote, he's going to be just be another celebrity rockstar. He should at this point take advantage of his unique status and use this MTV appearance to announce his comeback via the release date of the mythical Chinese Democracy album.
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2006, 04:05:21 PM »

With regard to Axl's public appearances, or GN'Rs tours, there is a point of diminishing returns. Axl's mystique now relies on his image as a recluse. If he just shows up for parties and awards for the next few years without anything to promote, he's going to be just be another celebrity rockstar. He should at this point take advantage of his unique status and use this MTV appearance to announce his comeback via the release date of the mythical Chinese Democracy album.
I'd love to see it happen, but it's so unlikely.  He'll probably just present, then walk off.   But who knows, something big could definately happen. 
blues rocker
Banned
Rocker

ANGUS YOUNG - AC/DC

« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2006, 04:08:37 PM »

who fucking cares!!!  this doesn't mean shit - so he's going to present an award....big deal....it's not like he's going to perform anything new, or announce anything....
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2006, 04:09:12 PM »

fuck yeah! this rules!!

can't wait to watch the VMA's with some like, interest this time
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2006, 04:10:02 PM »

maybe he'll announce that GnR will play the superbowl and at the superbowl half time he'll annouce the album.

seriously I think TR&R just said it correctly.

He'll probably just present, then walk off.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2006, 04:14:31 PM »

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060824/nyth095.html?.v=58

NEW YORK, Aug. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- MTV: Music Television announced today that Shakira and OK Go have been added to the incredible performers line-up already set for the "2006 MTV Video Music Awards." It was previously announced that Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, Panic! At the Disco, T.I., The Killers, Ludacris with Pharrell, The All-American Rejects, The Raconteurs, and Justin Timberlake are confirmed to perform at the star studded awards show. Hosted by Jack Black, the "2006 MTV Video Music Awards" will air live from New York's Radio City Music Hall on Thursday, August 31st at 8:00pm ET/PT.

Also, Axl Rose, Lindsay Lohan, Kanye West, Paris Hilton, Diddy, LL Cool J, Snoop Dogg, Pussycat Dolls and 50 Cent, have been added to the presenters list. The star studded show will also include appearances by Jennifer Lopez, Jessica Simpson, Chris Brown, Fall Out Boy, Rihanna, Jared Leto of 30 Seconds To Mars, Busta Rhymes, Shaun White, Ne-Yo, Missy Elliott, Cast of Jackass, Amy Lee of Evanescence, Lil Jon, and Nick Lachey. Additionally, Borat and Sarah Silverman will make special guest appearances.

To all the naysayers who claims some of us here on this board live in a fantasy world and we live just to kiss Axls ass............TAKE THAT.

Isn't it strange that Axls name is IMMEDIATELY places in front of the biggest names in music and entertainment today?

Wow.....some of us must really live in a fantasy world huh?

Oh and to make a prediction, I'll bet anyone on this board $100USD that they have him present Video of the Year since it's the last award.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: