Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 02:39:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 197970 times)
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2280 on: September 03, 2006, 05:11:22 PM »

He didn't read off a teleprompter.

It's not like he was singing to AFD.

MTV  hates surprises, therefore they write a script for presenters.

Axl obviously chose his own words. ok

Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2281 on: September 03, 2006, 05:30:04 PM »

And if he had just read the stuff written on the monitor, you'd say "why didn't Axl do something else? Why did he only say what was written on the monitor?"....

Why not just admit it? He can't ever please some of you....

Even if GN'R had played there and premiered a new song, some would say "why did they pick that song? They should've played this instead!".? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

And some of you think everything he does is just fantasic and he never makes a mistake.  I'm just being a realist here man...something that is sometimes in short supply here. 

The yell was just stupid and he shouldn't have done it.  On top of that, its sounded horrible and did nothing to change the popular opinion of the masses that his voice has changed and isn't what it used to be.  We know his voice is better than 2002, but 99% of the people watching the VMAs don't know that.  They just know he sucked in 2002 and now they think his voice is still off.

And you are right, if he had just did the rest to introduce the Killers I'd be here saying (which I have already) that he should have taken the opportunity to announce CD release date.  There is no way they don't have a target date yet.  If its coming out by end of November, then they know the date.  Just seems logical to me to use such a huge free promotional vehicle to his advantage. 

Keep in mind that as frustrated as some of you get with the posters here who try to inject realism (you all see it as negativism or pessimism), we get just as annoyed by the "That was awesome" schtick that a ton of people have here toward everything Axl does.  We all have one thing in common though.  We want Axl to succeed and we want his work to be incredible. 
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2282 on: September 03, 2006, 05:31:05 PM »

BTW, I didn't notice a moniter in the clip.

Most of the time with those award shows the script is on a reflective shield in front of the camera so people don't constantly look off camera to read it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2283 on: September 03, 2006, 05:35:25 PM »

then they know the date.?

Oh really?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2284 on: September 03, 2006, 05:43:55 PM »

Help me out here...

Did Axl read off the promter?  Because it didn't seem like he did.

I was laughing my ass off thinking he didn't. hihi   

I found it! phew, long journey it was.

Here's what Jack Black is going to say, and roughly what's going down:

JB:  "I'd like to introduce to you the man who took you into the Jungle.  Mr. Axl Rose."

Axl:  Here's one of my favorite bands out there right now - the Killers! 

(of course, Axl could improvise, but that's what was rehearsed.)

rofl rofl rofl
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2285 on: September 03, 2006, 05:50:09 PM »

The teleprompter is never in view of the television viewers during these award shows.
Most of the time with those award shows the script is on a reflective shield in front of the camera so people don't constantly look off camera to read it.

like newscasts. yes
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2286 on: September 03, 2006, 05:59:36 PM »

The teleprompter is never in view of the television viewers during these award shows.

like newscasts. yes

Yeah. And newscasts. Hehe

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2287 on: September 04, 2006, 06:53:28 AM »

if they performed a new song, and he mentioned cd's release date plus said this is off our new album and will be our first single it would have been golden..

Did you hear anybody make any kind of release date announcements on that awards show?

I only heard people talking about releases, but I think they had been announced prior to the show...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #2288 on: September 04, 2006, 07:49:54 AM »

I saw some comments from Axl at the VMA's that I havent heard before...Not sure if you guys have:

Taken from Backstage Pass website:

The biggest surprise of the MTV Video Music Awards? No, it wasn?t Black Eyed Peas winning best hip-hop video for ?My Humps.? It was the appearance of a smiling, well-adjusted, healthy-looking W. Axl Rose in the press room after his unexpected appearance introducing The Killers on the awards show.

Rose said the new Guns ?N? Roses album ?Chinese Democracy,? more than a decade in the making, will be out ?later this year, finally.? ?We plan to put out [this album] and we plan to make music for many years to come,? said Rose, who looked nothing like a man who would get so angry he would bite a Swedish security guard.

He added that he hadn?t seen Kelly Clarkson?s version of ?Sweet Child O? Mine,? but ?anyone who covers the songs is a good thing.?

dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2289 on: September 04, 2006, 07:54:26 AM »

It`s goog to hear stuff like that when it comes from Axl. Cut the rumors finaly... peace
dENIS
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2290 on: September 04, 2006, 07:56:18 AM »

It`s goog to hear stuff like that when it comes from Axl. Cut the rumors finaly... peace

It`s gooD to hear like that when it comes from Axl. Cut the rumoUrs finalLy... sorry for the  grammar... yes
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2291 on: September 04, 2006, 07:58:54 AM »

I saw some comments from Axl at the VMA's that I havent heard before...Not sure if you guys have:

The biggest surprise of the MTV Video Music Awards? No, it wasn?t Black Eyed Peas winning best hip-hop video for ?My Humps.? It was the appearance of a smiling, well-adjusted, healthy-looking W. Axl Rose in the press room after his unexpected appearance introducing The Killers on the awards show.

Rose said the new Guns ?N? Roses album ?Chinese Democracy,? more than a decade in the making, will be out ?later this year, finally.? ?We plan to put out [this album] and we plan to make music for many years to come,? said Rose, who looked nothing like a man who would get so angry he would bite a Swedish security guard.

He added that he hadn?t seen Kelly Clarkson?s version of ?Sweet Child O? Mine,? but ?anyone who covers the songs is a good thing.?

All good things.... he should hit up youtube and catch the Clarkson thing. I'm sure it'd make him laugh his ass off.

Alina
Rocker

« Reply #2292 on: September 04, 2006, 08:05:31 AM »

^ especially the drunk version  rofl

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2293 on: September 04, 2006, 08:06:27 AM »

if they performed a new song, and he mentioned cd's release date plus said this is off our new album and will be our first single it would have been golden..

Did you hear anybody make any kind of release date announcements on that awards show?

I only heard people talking about releases, but I think they had been announced prior to the show...

/jarmo

I still maintain that it is always incredibly crude to try and take away from someone else's moment by promoting yourself. I'm really glad he didn't come out and say a damn thing about the album. Plus I think that in itself solidifies the fact that he's a big enough star that he does need a reason to be on MTV, he can show up if he wants.

blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #2294 on: September 04, 2006, 08:11:11 AM »

now I can sing my karaoke version without any fear   rofl

oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #2295 on: September 04, 2006, 08:21:12 AM »

that's cool
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2296 on: September 04, 2006, 08:40:51 AM »

^ especially the drunk version  rofl

I'm sure he'd get a kick out of those Metal Skool guys too. I mean, I would if I was Axl and realized that their whole schtick is to make fun of just about everyone who's fallen off the scene that Axl was a part of and he's the last man standing.

14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2297 on: September 04, 2006, 08:47:17 AM »

anyone have a link to this?

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #2298 on: September 04, 2006, 09:06:34 AM »

Then I did a good thing with Kidnap in Lisbon earlier this year...   Grin

DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #2299 on: September 04, 2006, 12:10:26 PM »

anyone have a link to this?

Looks like the actual site was newsday.com....Backstage Pass was the section.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/music/blog/
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: