Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:52:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228122 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 198141 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2260 on: September 02, 2006, 09:05:28 PM »

Actualy that would of been cool if they like played several new tracks throughout the vma's. Now thats good promotion hihi

Kinda like The Raconteurs did this year but with a remotely good sound mix! Wink

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
new-gnr
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2261 on: September 03, 2006, 12:21:17 AM »

something funny just happened.i just watched a rerun and mtv added crowd noise after the scream.my question is,was it fake or just adjusted?
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #2262 on: September 03, 2006, 12:24:45 AM »

they increased the crowd noise on every response, i think they just toned it down (crowd noise) during the whole show?on the live version hihi.
They also got rid of the Britney Spears Kev Fed. wheres the baby joke, because it got boo'ed. They changed things slightly to make the show look better than it really was, like adding crowd noise after awards... to make the show look better.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 12:27:25 AM by rocknrolldemon5318 » Logged

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #2263 on: September 03, 2006, 12:43:02 AM »

Id like to say that I really got excited while Axl was walking and they were playing WTTJ, that was very good, but when Axl screamed "U know where u r,etc" I thought (with all due respect) it was a girl impersonating Axl Rose's voice.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #2264 on: September 03, 2006, 02:32:01 AM »

Hey can someone please re upload both clips of Axl for Download...Thanks alot.. PM me with a link if u dont mind.. beer

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #2265 on: September 03, 2006, 07:00:58 AM »

Just seen the scream.  Sounds like it was lost on that crowd.  Still, they're just a bunch of trendies who know fuck all about music anyway so who cares - stick it to 'em Axl.

beer

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2266 on: September 03, 2006, 07:07:37 AM »

they increased the crowd noise on every response, i think they just toned it down (crowd noise) during the whole show on the live version hihi.
They also got rid of the Britney Spears Kev Fed. wheres the baby joke, because it got boo'ed. They changed things slightly to make the show look better than it really was, like adding crowd noise after awards... to make the show look better.

The crowd on the VMAs is always muted considerably during the actual broadcast. I'm assuming they do that to make sure people don't shout out obscenities.

The remix if you will is probably the actual audio from that night.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Deniz
Headliner

I'll just end up walking in the cold november rain

« Reply #2267 on: September 03, 2006, 07:25:27 AM »

When jlo was presenting the best video award somone jumped to the stage, took the mic from the band who one and try to take the award from jlos hands but jlo didn't give it.Just like one minute after that axl came to present the killers.

If jlo and axl switched places what do you guys think how axl would've  reacted to that idiot? smoking

Axl:When did you see me overreact
Charity Case
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2268 on: September 03, 2006, 07:30:13 AM »

The scream was a dumb idea.  First off it sounded horrible as one poster already pointed out, and second its time he stop living off AFD shit.  Otherwise he did a good job.  I just wish he'd come out and presented without the scream.

Also, such a waste off potential promotion to not drop the album release date (especially if its true that it is less than 4 months away).
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2269 on: September 03, 2006, 07:44:20 AM »

The scream was a dumb idea.? First off it sounded horrible as one poster already pointed out, and second its time he stop living off AFD shit.? Otherwise he did a good job.? I just wish he'd come out and presented without the scream.

Also, such a waste off potential promotion to not drop the album release date (especially if its true that it is less than 4 months away).

I wouldn't be surprized if most of the VMA audience were not/are not aware of the exisitance of CD? peace

..as for the Jungle scream, good call. As much as Axl is trying to push the new band, he appears to be most comfortable with AFD era material. Maybe over the past 15 years he should have worked on a new scream for one of the new tracks? peace
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2270 on: September 03, 2006, 09:33:41 AM »

The scream was a dumb idea.? First off it sounded horrible as one poster already pointed out, and second its time he stop living off AFD shit.? Otherwise he did a good job.? I just wish he'd come out and presented without the scream.

I agree I wish more could see this.. We're all axl rose fans but trust me it's nost super cool.. Just because you personally love something doesn't mean it's cool in reality.. Nothing is cool about an aging rocker still living off wttj, the one who didn't want to live his life off afd..  Jack black mentions jungle. he does the scream in which I'm sure many were like who was that old dude with tirets hihi
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2271 on: September 03, 2006, 09:37:37 AM »

And if he had just read the stuff written on the monitor, you'd say "why didn't Axl do something else? Why did he only say what was written on the monitor?"....

Why not just admit it? He can't ever please some of you....

Even if GN'R had played there and premiered a new song, some would say "why did they pick that song? They should've played this instead!".? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2272 on: September 03, 2006, 09:40:37 AM »

No fucking way.. I'm just seeing it for what it was... I think it was cool he presented, I just feel the scream was lame, that's my opinion, no different then when he yelled Round 1! Now if he yelled round 2 I would have said that's priceless... if they performed a new song, and he mentioned cd's release date plus said this is off our new album and will be our first single it would have been golden..
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #2273 on: September 03, 2006, 09:42:11 AM »

And if he had just read the stuff written on the monitor, you'd say "why didn't Axl do something else? Why did he only say what was written on the monitor?"....

Why not just admit it? He can't ever please some of you....

Even if GN'R had played there and premiered a new song, some would say "why did they pick that song? They should've played this instead!".? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Are we sure the scream actually wasn't on the moniter? This might as well have been scripter... Anyway, I think it would've been more fun, if he'd just said "You know where you are ?" in a normal voice... more like an inside joke for the fans.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 01:37:38 PM by Chuzeville » Logged
Slashead
Banned
VIP

« Reply #2274 on: September 03, 2006, 12:49:04 PM »

Axl looked like Jim Carrey at the VMA.

I'll download it !
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #2275 on: September 03, 2006, 04:16:24 PM »

Help me out here...

Did Axl read off the promter?  Because it didn't seem like he did.

I was laughing my ass off thinking he didn't. hihi   

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2276 on: September 03, 2006, 04:55:30 PM »

Help me out here...

Did Axl read off the promter?? Because it didn't seem like he did.

I was laughing my ass off thinking he didn't. hihi? ?

Unless someone from the board was there, I don't think we have any have of knowing if he was reading what was written or not.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2277 on: September 03, 2006, 04:57:31 PM »

Bkinnyc posted what was supposed to be on the monitor before the show, I think.

I think axl didn't even glance at it, unless the script was changed after the preshow interview
in which Axl told norris almost the same things to what he said on stage about his presenting for the killers.

BTW, I didn't notice a moniter in the clip.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #2278 on: September 03, 2006, 05:06:25 PM »

He didn't read off a teleprompter.

It's not like he was singing to AFD.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #2279 on: September 03, 2006, 05:09:56 PM »

BTW, I didn't notice a moniter in the clip.

The teleprompter is never in view of the television viewers during these award shows.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: