Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 03:40:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 198570 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2220 on: September 02, 2006, 07:30:42 AM »

Is the interview up on youtube? Fecking thing won't play on the MTV site outside of the US because of "copyright restrictions". Hey, wankers, stop treating the internet as if it has national borders...

SG

It should be all over youtube. If not, the news page on this site has a links to where you should be able to watch it.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #2221 on: September 02, 2006, 07:41:22 AM »

Verizon VCast for anyone that subscribes currently has the video.  Go to MTV and there is a list of performances from the awards.  When you click on the Killers it includes Axls intro and Jack Black's intro of Axl.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2222 on: September 02, 2006, 08:25:47 AM »

Out of curiosity, how did the uncensored footage come about?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2223 on: September 02, 2006, 09:02:37 AM »

live stream

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2224 on: September 02, 2006, 09:08:23 AM »

I still think many people were unsure of who he was... Axl rose alone is not the same as gnr being introduced... I watched him on youtube a few times... If this was 91 the place explodes kind of like the freddy mercury tribute.. Axl's been out of the mainstream to long.. Great to see him being  a regular guy, but the scream kind of made people of today's music scene say wtf?  It is kind of lik ehwn gene simmons or david lee roth comes out, one time champs of their time..
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2225 on: September 02, 2006, 09:11:28 AM »

I still think many people were unsure of who he was... Axl rose alone is not the same as gnr being introduced... I watched him on youtube a few times... If this was 91 the place explodes kind of like the freddy mercury tribute.. Axl's been out of the mainstream to long.. Great to see him being  a regular guy, but the scream kind of made people of today's music scene say wtf?  It is kind of lik ehwn gene simmons or david lee roth comes out, one time champs of their time..

I really don't understand how you guys are reading all of that disrespect and confusion out of the crowd when you watch that.

DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #2226 on: September 02, 2006, 10:13:52 AM »

Dear me.... some of you lot are fuckin' anylising every single move Axl makes?! It's obsured. It was a cool little apperance introducing a band, and we were also lucky enough to get a few backstage words from him too... great! Now let's not get carried away!!

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2227 on: September 02, 2006, 10:34:25 AM »

technically there were no backstage words..being interviewed on the internet is not like being interviewed on tv
Origen
« Reply #2228 on: September 02, 2006, 10:39:01 AM »

I still think many people were unsure of who he was... Axl rose alone is not the same as gnr being introduced... I watched him on youtube a few times... If this was 91 the place explodes kind of like the freddy mercury tribute.. Axl's been out of the mainstream to long.. Great to see him being? a regular guy, but the scream kind of made people of today's music scene say wtf?? It is kind of lik ehwn gene simmons or david lee roth comes out, one time champs of their time..

I really don't understand how you guys are reading all of that disrespect and confusion out of the crowd when you watch that.

How can it be disrespectful for not knowing who he is, alot of people somply don't.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2229 on: September 02, 2006, 10:52:20 AM »

I still think many people were unsure of who he was... Axl rose alone is not the same as gnr being introduced... I watched him on youtube a few times... If this was 91 the place explodes kind of like the freddy mercury tribute.. Axl's been out of the mainstream to long.. Great to see him being? a regular guy, but the scream kind of made people of today's music scene say wtf?? It is kind of lik ehwn gene simmons or david lee roth comes out, one time champs of their time..

How can it be disrespectful for not knowing who he is, alot of people somply don't.

How many GnR fans would have been at at the 2006 VMA awards? a few possibly.? peace
..and what about the casual GnR fan, they probably wouldn't recognize Axl unless he was wearing his bandana  hihi
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 10:54:57 AM by codenameninja » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2230 on: September 02, 2006, 11:33:41 AM »

the same way all you people viewing this think that cheesy yell of jungle was so cool... Like they were so in love with him.. he got  a regular rock guy from the past that was big welcome, nothing special
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2231 on: September 02, 2006, 11:34:17 AM »

How many GnR fans would have been at at the 2006 VMA awards? a few possibly.? peace
..and what about the casual GnR fan, they probably wouldn't recognize Axl unless he was wearing his bandana? hihi

or unless they were told by jack black who he was..
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #2232 on: September 02, 2006, 11:39:33 AM »

The VMAs was no big deal for Axl, I'm still surprised he actually signed up to be there.

All of these fanatics will stop about Axl "sightings" once he releases CD.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2233 on: September 02, 2006, 11:47:17 AM »

the same way all you people viewing this think that cheesy yell of jungle was so cool... Like they were so in love with him.. he got  a regular rock guy from the past that was big welcome, nothing special

I don't think it was "so cool", I think it was an appearance and thats all. It just seems alot of you guys wanna just be negative all the time.

You guys act like he got booed off the stage or something. He was saved for last because he is still a huge star. He is a legend and I sincerely doubt that there really was a person there who wasn't fully aware of who he was.

I don't have to be "an Axl worshiper" or anything you would accuse me of to know that. It just seems to me that there are a ton of people out there who just want to put down anything at all Axl might do.

My point is I find that incredibly strange since I'm sure you guys are somehow fans of this guy or you wouldn't post here all the time.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #2234 on: September 02, 2006, 12:37:10 PM »

update: backstage interview with axl/john norris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqKKo8QEqaU
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2235 on: September 02, 2006, 12:49:52 PM »

john norris has to be about 50 to 55 years old...i think its hilarious that he dyed his hair blonde trying too look hip for the kids...HAHA
Steel_Angel
« Reply #2236 on: September 02, 2006, 12:51:37 PM »

yeah, hes also trying to look metrosexual... but seriously.. i laughed...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2237 on: September 02, 2006, 01:05:09 PM »

yeah, hes also trying to look metrosexual... but seriously.. i laughed...

He's looked like that for years.......way before the metrosexual thang.
nygiants82
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2238 on: September 02, 2006, 01:07:12 PM »

the same way all you people viewing this think that cheesy yell of jungle was so cool... Like they were so in love with him.. he got? a regular rock guy from the past that was big welcome, nothing special

I don't think it was "so cool", I think it was an appearance and thats all. It just seems alot of you guys wanna just be negative all the time.

You guys act like he got booed off the stage or something. He was saved for last because he is still a huge star. He is a legend and I sincerely doubt that there really was a person there who wasn't fully aware of who he was.

I don't have to be "an Axl worshiper" or anything you would accuse me of to know that. It just seems to me that there are a ton of people out there who just want to put down anything at all Axl might do.

My point is I find that incredibly strange since I'm sure you guys are somehow fans of this guy or you wouldn't post here all the time.

Amen! beer

Too many people are trying to over-analyze his appearence, and look at it from a pessemistic point of view. He got a very good ovation, especially for someone who hasnt released new music in seven years. Take in to account that the people there arent really the GNR crowd, and then factor in the ovation, which was good. To me that is damn impressive.

Oh, and the uncensored version made the scream sound a lot better than the TV broadcase. I thought it was fucking cool.

"All we need, is just a little patience"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2239 on: September 02, 2006, 01:18:11 PM »

the same way all you people viewing this think that cheesy yell of jungle was so cool... Like they were so in love with him.. he got? a regular rock guy from the past that was big welcome, nothing special

You make it sound like Axl got the same crowd reaction that Micheal Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley got.?

What kind of reaction were you expecting from that crowd?

It's an awards show, not a rock concert. Maybe you expected the women in the audience to flash for the camera too....? Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: