Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 11:14:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228142 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 198728 times)
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2200 on: September 01, 2006, 07:53:24 PM »

Try screaming at the top of your lungs for 30 seconds and see if your face doesn't change colors, regardless of your level of embarrassment.
uuhhhh? im pretty sure it was less than 10 seconds? hihi

still i see what u mean. the crowd had something up their asses. so axl made a funny face.

then you and I saw two different things. the people by where he came out stood but the whole audience uhh.. did not

It's a crowd full of rich hip hop/ r&b/ rap late teens and twenty somethings that are way to cool.

the crowd was warm but not like OMG it's axl fuckin rose. but it's to be expected, it's not axl's scene.

I took the immediate standing ovation to mean that everyone there knew who he was and respected him. I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone else got a standing o all night.

DAMNIT!! It happened again! I want to read your response but for some reason it's cut off when I try to read it!!

I answered you on this in the other thread Wink

The person put their response before the last [ /quote]  Their response is INSIDE the quotes

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
robinfinckfan
« Reply #2201 on: September 01, 2006, 07:55:05 PM »

Try screaming at the top of your lungs for 30 seconds and see if your face doesn't change colors, regardless of your level of embarrassment.

still i see what u mean. the crowd had something up their asses. so axl made a funny face.

It's a crowd full of rich hip hop/ r&b/ rap late teens and twenty somethings that are way to cool.

the crowd was warm but not like OMG it's axl fuckin rose. but it's to be expected, it's not axl's scene.

I took the immediate standing ovation to mean that everyone there knew who he was and respected him. I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone else got a standing o all night.

then you and I saw two different things. the people by where he came out stood but the whole audience uhh.. did not
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2202 on: September 01, 2006, 07:56:31 PM »

I just went to youtube and watched it again. You can see everyone within range of the camera stand up.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
robinfinckfan
« Reply #2203 on: September 01, 2006, 08:03:34 PM »

I just went to youtube and watched it again. You can see everyone within range of the camera stand up.

ok where he's standing, the people around him his standing in standing room only. look as he's walking out. there all on their ass
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #2204 on: September 01, 2006, 08:08:23 PM »

Now that I finally got to hear it uncensored..  Shocked  I would say Axl sounds KICKASS with his scream..  beer

I think the censors blocking it out makes it sound worse (MUCH WORSE) than it actually is.. He sounds really good..  ok

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2205 on: September 01, 2006, 08:19:33 PM »

Now that I finally got to hear it uncensored..? Shocked? I would say Axl sounds KICKASS with his scream..? beer

I think the censors blocking it out makes it sound worse (MUCH WORSE) than it actually is.. He sounds really good..? ok

I honestly didn't think it would matter all that much but I when I watched the uncensored version I totally agree it sounded MUCH better

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #2206 on: September 01, 2006, 08:23:10 PM »

i ve captured the 22 last minutes of the uncensored show...

you can see axl backstage and there is the scream at the end.

http://gnfnrs.free.fr/AXL%20ROSE%20MTV%202006.asf

riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2207 on: September 01, 2006, 08:23:22 PM »

uhh, what IS Axl's scene? seriously....he was the biggest MTV star of the 80s and 90s after MJ and Madonna. He was at the VMAs half a dozen times it seems early on...we want him to be relevant...well, for better or worse, being a part of the MTV scene is relevance.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2208 on: September 01, 2006, 08:33:13 PM »

axl got one of the best ovations of the nite
i am not sure what some of you were watching
his reception was great esp since it was mostly an RnB and rap fest

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #2209 on: September 01, 2006, 08:41:31 PM »

Thats how I felt. I had a bunch of people over to watch the VMAs. The youngest person there was 20. She was all excited about JT, TI and all that crap but she got really excited when Axl came out.

The man is a legend.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2210 on: September 01, 2006, 08:43:33 PM »

I thought the crowd was pretty dead the whole night, I thought Axl got one of the better ovations too, but the crowd didnt go crazy for anyone.

Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #2211 on: September 01, 2006, 08:50:39 PM »

Thats how I felt. I had a bunch of people over to watch the VMAs. The youngest person there was 20. She was all excited about JT, TI and all that crap but she got really excited when Axl came out.

The man is a legend.

god VMA?s were disgusting, but it reflects what today?s american youth listens too= hip-hop and emo bands... that?s sad man...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #2212 on: September 01, 2006, 08:57:09 PM »

does anybody know the website/forum where that buckhead rumor started? i feel like flaming that idiot
Steel_Angel
« Reply #2213 on: September 01, 2006, 08:58:26 PM »

does anybody know the website/forum where that buckhead rumor started? i feel like flaming that idiot

http://forums.facethejury.com/show_message.asp?cat_id=13&thread_id=74441&time=3&prev_thread=74440&next_thread=74442
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2214 on: September 01, 2006, 09:22:22 PM »

You guys need to relax about the crowd not going crazy after the scream.  Do you really expect the whole place to go ape shit?  A lot of people there were probably taken off gaurd like "what did he say", because you would have to be a GNR fan to get that.  And not every person in that building is a GNR fan.  If he did that back in 1991, a lot more people would have yelled, but it's 2006.  GNR needs to put this album out, and then next year, he can do something like this, and you will see a bigger reaction. (but I say they are performing next year) 

And about the overall reaction, I will tell you what the normal fan is saying.  "Yeah, he looked good out there"  Thats what I've heard people saying.  Nobody is saying "wow, he didn't get that big of am applause or a reaction",... there saying that it was cool to see him.  Lets face it, how many people who are just "introducing" get a standing ovation for 10 minutes like a lot of you wanted?  Not many people.  He's big, but he's not as big as God!  I thought he actually got a damn good response considering he hasn't put out an album in 15 years.  I can't even imagine what next year will be like  peace   

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
graabein
Opening Act

« Reply #2215 on: September 01, 2006, 09:58:14 PM »

well what the fuck.. it's lou reed!!! axl to the left and lou to the right!!
life doesn't get much better than this!!(trailer park boys...) Cheesy

I'm never alone 'cause I got myself
Yes, I imitate myself all of the time
jthunders13
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2216 on: September 02, 2006, 12:16:34 AM »

just noticed the youtube axl vids censored and uncensored are in youtubes most viewed....like #60 and #80...like only a couple VMA performances outrank it timberlake and christina....
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #2217 on: September 02, 2006, 03:22:40 AM »

I don't have an idea if this was posted or not... axl there at the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mdaEg0mQrU&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fgawker%2Ecom%2F
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2218 on: September 02, 2006, 04:24:04 AM »

I'm disapointed Sad

some idiot will always be...

SPEEDSTONE LIVES!

It's BAAAACK!

elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #2219 on: September 02, 2006, 07:13:36 AM »

Is the interview up on youtube? Fecking thing won't play on the MTV site outside of the US because of "copyright restrictions". Hey, wankers, stop treating the internet as if it has national borders...

SG
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: