Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 12:23:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 199052 times)
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2160 on: September 01, 2006, 03:44:18 PM »

..so were any members of VR at the VMA's or was that simply more BS posted here on HTDGTH  peace
Origen
« Reply #2161 on: September 01, 2006, 03:45:47 PM »

..so were any members of VR at the VMA's or was that simply more BS posted here on HTDGTH? peace

No
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #2162 on: September 01, 2006, 03:47:08 PM »

watched axl: his voice goes in overdrive a bit but who cares? millions of people now know he still exists! he looked a bit nervous too, which is very understandable.
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2163 on: September 01, 2006, 03:49:07 PM »

i dont get why u all watched the whole show when we knew a while ago that he was introducing the killers from merchs email. rofl
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2164 on: September 01, 2006, 03:52:56 PM »

..so were any members of VR at the VMA's or was that simply more BS posted here on HTDGTH? peace

No

..so more BS posted then hihi ..i'm getting use to it now  Grin
Saboteur Cyb. Punk
Banned
Rocker

Buckethead unmasked!!!

« Reply #2165 on: September 01, 2006, 03:54:52 PM »

Here's my impression of last night:
I came home a half hour into the MTV VMA & watched the fucking show for 2.5 hours & there was no sign of Axl. It was past 11 pm & the show was practically over. I kept thinking that Axl would come out and & jam onstage with White Stripes & ZZ Top, or that he would come out with Pink and give the award for best Rock Video (it was Lou Reed instead). They had given out the Viewers Choice & Video of the year awards. Then before the very last commericial break, they show Axl Rose back stage. He looked slumped on a wall backstage, maybe drinking a soda, but didn't look animated or anything. Almost like he didn't want to be there, nor did he look like he belonged there.

Finally after commercial break, and finally, Jack Black introduces a guy "who onced introduced us to the Jungle" which I thought was a really cool homage to a man who did (& does) truly rock.
Axl struts out to WTTJ, kind of slumped a bit, but looking sharp in his new stage outfit, looking much much better than 2001 - 2002. An then he gets up and stops for a moment, and put his the mike from his left to his right hand with the same confidence on stage. Then he does his "You kNow where the fU&k you are!!!" It sounded high pitched but really cool. I thought his speech was honest, I don;t know why MTV would go out of their way to contact him to present the Killlers, but I guess MTV needs him more than he needs them? He said "I don't see myself as a presenter" & he's right - he's a performer. But after 2002, they won't let him perform again with GNR until the record comes out.

Still the appearance was cool. Axl has an audience in the crowd now, people have seen him in the clubs - celebrities, ulike 2002 when he was in & out of seclusion. This was a good way to promote the Fall Tour. But in 1989, he said he would try to bury AFD, & clearly he has not done that yet. He needs to break from it a bit with CD. He looked happy & comfortable on stage, didn't slip up on his speech (unlike Jessica Simpson who sucks sucks sucks) and his music even CD is better than many of the rock acts today.

MTV needs rock & they needs GNR (and some Slash/VR)
 ok
MNW

Agree. World needs a hero
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 03:57:45 PM by Saboteur Cyb. Punk » Logged

I Mean Acid / Do Ya Like It ?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #2166 on: September 01, 2006, 03:59:54 PM »

I came home a half hour into the MTV VMA & watched the fucking show for 2.5 hours & there was no sign of Axl. It was past 11 pm & the show was practically over. I kept thinking that Axl would come out and & jam onstage with White Stripes & ZZ Top, or that he would come out with Pink and give the award for best Rock Video (it was Lou Reed instead). They had given out the Viewers Choice & Video of the year awards. Then before the very last commericial break, they show Axl Rose back stage. He looked slumped on a wall backstage, maybe drinking a soda, but didn't look animated or anything. Almost like he didn't want to be there, nor did he look like he belonged there.

Finally after commercial break, and finally, Jack Black introduces a guy "who onced introduced us to the Jungle" which I thought was a really cool homage to a man who did (& does) truly rock.
Axl struts out to WTTJ, kind of slumped a bit, but looking sharp in his new stage outfit, looking much much better than 2001 - 2002. An then he gets up and stops for a moment, and put his the mike from his left to his right hand with the same confidence on stage. Then he does his "You kNow where the fU&k you are!!!" It sounded high pitched but really cool. I thought his speech was honest, I don;t know why MTV would go out of their way to contact him to present the Killlers, but I guess MTV needs him more than he needs them? He said "I don't see myself as a presenter" & he's right - he's a performer. But after 2002, they won't let him perform again with GNR until the record comes out.

Still the appearance was cool. Axl has an audience in the crowd now, people have seen him in the clubs - celebrities, ulike 2002 when he was in & out of seclusion. This was a good way to promote the Fall Tour. But in 1989, he said he would try to bury AFD, & clearly he has not done that yet. He needs to break from it a bit with CD. He looked happy & comfortable on stage, didn't slip up on his speech (unlike Jessica Simpson who sucks sucks sucks) and his music even CD is better than many of the rock acts today.

ok

Yea this is well said funky bunch. Its damn true.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2167 on: September 01, 2006, 04:11:35 PM »

ok
MNW

Good post, but I doubt that MTV "won't let him perform again with GNR until the record comes out".  I think Axl chose not to play.  MTV has always kept an open door for Axl since the late 80s.
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #2168 on: September 01, 2006, 04:38:16 PM »

Can someone re-upload the video of Axl presenting Huh
tofugunner
Opening Act

You wan'da step into my world...

« Reply #2169 on: September 01, 2006, 04:48:14 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA2k9jehCpc
Backstage images and axl in vma

Guns N' Roses Brasil Forum (Administrator)
http://www.gunsnrosesbrasil.com
http://www.gunsnrosesbrasil.com/forum

Join us!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #2170 on: September 01, 2006, 04:48:57 PM »

I hated that I had to sit thru three and a half hours of complete shit before getting to see Axl. It was good to see him and he look great but I don't know what to think about that scream...lol. That one's got me. Grin

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #2171 on: September 01, 2006, 04:54:30 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA2k9jehCpc
Backstage images and axl in vma

Thanks for the link Tofugunner. Smiley

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
tofugunner
Opening Act

You wan'da step into my world...

« Reply #2172 on: September 01, 2006, 04:58:58 PM »

you are welcome!

ps.:  The Translator is Brazilian and he talk in portuguese!
=]

Guns N' Roses Brasil Forum (Administrator)
http://www.gunsnrosesbrasil.com
http://www.gunsnrosesbrasil.com/forum

Join us!
GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2173 on: September 01, 2006, 05:25:04 PM »

I'm sure MTV were on there hands and knees to have Axl perform- it was probably his/managements decision just to let him present since the 2002 VMA performance was bad publicity. Hopefully next year
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2174 on: September 01, 2006, 05:34:31 PM »

also
I liked his great modesty there.
"I don't think I'm really much of a presenter.....so without wasting any time, the killer!"
Actually he presented the winner and, in consequence, himself very well.
and with the beep bit, his manner was spotlessly proper.

@ Lara, there're many links in that page. 
check them.

He will be interviewed and hopefully we'll have some kinda of news like "yeah, it will come out this year".

dead close after all. I didn't know you were a psychic. Cheesy
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2175 on: September 01, 2006, 05:39:49 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P30YhnaMRTk

Here is a new clip I just uploaded from Access about Axl at the VMAs.  Axl talks about the Tommy Hilfger fight again.  He says "no hard feelings."
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #2176 on: September 01, 2006, 05:43:30 PM »

@ Lara, there're many links in that page.?
check them.

As i said, I have read through the whole thread.
I'm just looking for a youtube video of the backstage interview, if possible.
Those links are not what I'm looking for, nevermind.

Thanx anyway ?ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2177 on: September 01, 2006, 05:53:05 PM »

He says "no hard feelings."

and He has a good fashion sense? rofl

Thanks Natasha for the link  ok

Lara I just saw many links there and thought you might have missed the page.
that's all.
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #2178 on: September 01, 2006, 05:53:59 PM »

that's all.

Thanx again  Grin
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2179 on: September 01, 2006, 06:13:05 PM »

that's all.

Thanx again  Grin

Not at all Smiley..actually those weren't useful at all.   Tongue
But prolly some people haven't seen them yet.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: