Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 02:43:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 199161 times)
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2140 on: September 01, 2006, 11:21:20 AM »

Hey dudes did Merck release a official press release for the official release date of Chinese Democracy on this first day of September today?     
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #2141 on: September 01, 2006, 11:23:55 AM »

I was browsing the mtv.com message boardto see if anyone hadmentioned Axl on the VMA's last night and someone had started a thread "What was Axl Rose doing there?? He/she just mentioned how he is late for all his shows but is able to show up at an award show and present.? Two other people replied and just said basically that Axl rocked back in the day.

http://www.mtv.com/community/message_boards/viewthread.jhtml?bID=18&tID=2153955&mID=15916018&offset=0
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 11:28:54 AM by RoCoKiN » Logged

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #2142 on: September 01, 2006, 11:30:04 AM »

To Ines - I know how you feel. I watched from about 7:30 -11. Finally saw him present. Went to sleep, missed the interview. BTW - Funny, after Axl presented I came on & I couldn't get into this site, too many users I suppose.

you have no idea how many times I thought Axl would come out. ?Every chance I was like, omg here it is, this is perfect. ?

Me too, I think every time someone was announce. After the pre-show Kurt Loder said "You won't want to miss the beginning" I thought that would be it.. Especially when Beyonce came on, they played police sirens for about 10 seconds... I would have sworn that would be GnR.. I think they were talking about kings of something, and I figured King of Rock n Roll, but it turned out to be the Dogg Father (Snoop)? hihi

Yeah, I fell for it just about every time..
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2143 on: September 01, 2006, 11:48:49 AM »

Hey dudes did Merck release a official press release for the official release date of Chinese Democracy on this first day of September today?     

Not that I've seen.

Any amount of truth to this?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2144 on: September 01, 2006, 12:04:40 PM »

I hope there is truth to it because the official release date of the cd should be announced today on September 1st, 2006 by Merck. 
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #2145 on: September 01, 2006, 12:05:55 PM »

Huh

who said so?

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #2146 on: September 01, 2006, 12:06:11 PM »

I hope there is truth to it because the official release date of the cd should be announced today on September 1st, 2006 by Merck. 

and who told you that?  Roll Eyes

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
GonsaNRoses
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2147 on: September 01, 2006, 12:23:33 PM »

is there any place where I can download de audio of axl presenting the killers?
SPUNKY
Rocker

do one sweatheart!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2148 on: September 01, 2006, 12:27:39 PM »

is there any place where I can download de audio of axl presenting the killers?

have alook on page 106 or 105 a youtube link!!

and about this realase date by merek, surely it's bullshit??

Huh

SOUTHEND UNITED LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS 2006

HAMMERSMITH JUNE 7TH

DOWNLAND 9-11 JUNE GNR
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2149 on: September 01, 2006, 12:30:16 PM »

Whered this sept 1st stuff come from?  Did some one make it up? 
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #2150 on: September 01, 2006, 12:40:03 PM »

I just watched the uncesored scream, and he sounds fine. He did it raspy and it wasnt clean. it was just a little higher pitched. Sounded fine. And he did get a great reaction from the crowd. I mean that crowd wasnt that good anyway, they didnt cheer much all night. He did what he needed to do, he acted like himself, didnt read from a stupid telepromter. He was real, which is far from what anybody else was all night. Everyone but Axl on that award show were a bunch of tools.
madagas
« Reply #2151 on: September 01, 2006, 12:42:44 PM »

Those Jackass guys were pretty real. Grin real fucked up that is! beer
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #2152 on: September 01, 2006, 01:01:10 PM »

Yeah. Scroll up a page or two. Do people even read threads anymore? This was happening last night as well. There was like 15 links on each page, but there was still some people asking "Is there a link"....

EDIT: Smooth move deleting that post, CAFC Nick. Make it look like I'm directing this towards madagas. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 01:04:57 PM by jameslofton29 » Logged

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2153 on: September 01, 2006, 01:06:16 PM »

It was a good night for me.  Axl said that the USA tour will start on October 24th and the new album will be out this year!  That's good for me

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #2154 on: September 01, 2006, 02:24:33 PM »

Can someone PLEASE youtube the interview?  Cry
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #2155 on: September 01, 2006, 02:38:37 PM »

Can someone PLEASE youtube the interview?  Cry

Yeah. Scroll up a page or two. Do people even read threads anymore? This was happening last night as well. There was like 15 links on each page, but there was still some people asking "Is there a link"....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
JeRrYFaR
Rocker

Chinese Democracy will arrive in 2007...

« Reply #2156 on: September 01, 2006, 03:30:15 PM »

There's tons of links.. go back a few pages.. I dloaded the thing last night when it was first posted in THIS thread.. anyway, youtube is blocked here at work..

Can someone please cap that uncensored present with Axl's scream that I might be able to dload?  Much appreciated..

"They're out ta' get me!!  They won't catch me!!  I'm fuckin' innocent.. so you can BITE me!!!  Take that to your Southern California heart!!!" W. Axl Rose - KROQ Inland Invasion 2006
jc524
Rocker

I should have known you're crazy

« Reply #2157 on: September 01, 2006, 03:34:04 PM »

There's tons of links.. go back a few pages.. I dloaded the thing last night when it was first posted in THIS thread.. anyway, youtube is blocked here at work..

Can someone please cap that uncensored present with Axl's scream that I might be able to dload?  Much appreciated..

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=10F4E7706A02CA45

Fucked up and out of place
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #2158 on: September 01, 2006, 03:37:07 PM »

Can someone PLEASE youtube the interview?? Cry

I have read the WHOLE thread, for your information. I'm not as lazy as you think.

I already checked ALL those links, but I can't use them, my connection is so lame.
I asked if someone can YOUTUBE this, 'cause it usually works for me, that's all.

peace
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #2159 on: September 01, 2006, 03:41:32 PM »

Here's my impression of last night:
I came home a half hour into the MTV VMA & watched the fucking show for 2.5 hours & there was no sign of Axl. It was past 11 pm & the show was practically over. I kept thinking that Axl would come out and & jam onstage with White Stripes & ZZ Top, or that he would come out with Pink and give the award for best Rock Video (it was Lou Reed instead). They had given out the Viewers Choice & Video of the year awards. Then before the very last commericial break, they show Axl Rose back stage. He looked slumped on a wall backstage, maybe drinking a soda, but didn't look animated or anything. Almost like he didn't want to be there, nor did he look like he belonged there.

Finally after commercial break, and finally, Jack Black introduces a guy "who onced introduced us to the Jungle" which I thought was a really cool homage to a man who did (& does) truly rock.
Axl struts out to WTTJ, kind of slumped a bit, but looking sharp in his new stage outfit, looking much much better than 2001 - 2002. An then he gets up and stops for a moment, and put his the mike from his left to his right hand with the same confidence on stage. Then he does his "You kNow where the fU&k you are!!!" It sounded high pitched but really cool. I thought his speech was honest, I don;t know why MTV would go out of their way to contact him to present the Killlers, but I guess MTV needs him more than he needs them? He said "I don't see myself as a presenter" & he's right - he's a performer. But after 2002, they won't let him perform again with GNR until the record comes out.

Still the appearance was cool. Axl has an audience in the crowd now, people have seen him in the clubs - celebrities, ulike 2002 when he was in & out of seclusion. This was a good way to promote the Fall Tour. But in 1989, he said he would try to bury AFD, & clearly he has not done that yet. He needs to break from it a bit with CD. He looked happy & comfortable on stage, didn't slip up on his speech (unlike Jessica Simpson who sucks sucks sucks) and his music even CD is better than many of the rock acts today.

MTV needs rock & they needs GNR (and some Slash/VR)
 ok
MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: