Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 06, 2024, 01:02:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228155 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 199312 times)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2120 on: September 01, 2006, 10:15:53 AM »

IMO being able to watch and hear Axl backstage like that was awesome!!! ?headbanger

Kudos to that guy for atleast asking the question.? ok

I really liked the on-air part too because he was 'true' to himself and us.? Cool
 ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #2121 on: September 01, 2006, 10:17:29 AM »

I thought the crowd gave him a decent applause. He could have easily milked it alot longer and eventually got it to a standing O but he chose not to.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #2122 on: September 01, 2006, 10:21:29 AM »

Did anyone else not notice that he got a standing ovation as soon as he came through the door?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
sootn
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2123 on: September 01, 2006, 10:22:29 AM »

yea he was going w/ it and just like hit the brakes...

he was out the door and ppl like started standing
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2124 on: September 01, 2006, 10:23:28 AM »

don't matter, there was prolly an applause light anyway peace

Alina
Rocker

« Reply #2125 on: September 01, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

he was gorgeous? Grin

you so right   drool  drool  drool  drool

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2126 on: September 01, 2006, 10:28:21 AM »

On the crowd reaction:

Remember, this WAS the VMA's.  You all watched it.  You saw who won, and who was nominated.

This was definitely not your average "Axl" crowd. 

I thought he sounded fine for an acapella, no warm up, impromptu scream.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
madagas
« Reply #2127 on: September 01, 2006, 10:37:29 AM »

he did sound fine and got a nice reception. Simple as that...looked like a Vampire too! Grin
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2128 on: September 01, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

The VMA'S suck!!!? They used to be really good but now it is such a f'n debocle. That was maybe the worst awards show I have ever seen......everything new in music now is so watered down......I like some rap artists but didn't see any of them last night....Paris Hilton looks like a manican....and acts like one as well....the only cool things that happened last night were 1 - Pink making fun of Paris when she accepted her award.....and 2 - Axl Rose.......THE VMA'S SUCK.....someone over there has to become the victim of a head stabbing...sorry, but that's how I feel.....mmm honesty.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #2129 on: September 01, 2006, 10:48:05 AM »

oh god... I think I deserve a medal.... Spent all night, or should I say morning (00.00 to 4.30 am) watching the WORST and most BORING VMA?s of all time (What?s with all the emo and hip-hop? damn... poor american youth who have to hear all this shit all the time... and wtf was Jack Black doing in this VMA?s? he just presented... no funny gags.. nothing! oh my...) just to see like 50 seconds of Axl presenting a band... lol And I didn?t even see that interview you all are talking about ?no...

lol as time went by I realised Axl would present best Rock Video... well he didn?t. then I was like... well then he will present Best Video... and Jlo came in to give the award to another stupid emo band... I was like: great! spent all night and he didnt even show up lol.... then he came in to present the Killer, who might hv been the only trully rock band who performed last night... lol it was all so quickly.... he was great I think... but I was sooo expecting more... so I went to bed right away and now I know there is an interview.. great lol hihi peace

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2130 on: September 01, 2006, 10:50:52 AM »

oh god... I think I deserve a medal.... Spent all night, or should I say morning (00.00 to 4.30 am) watching the WORST and most BORING VMA?s of all time

If you woulda read the sensible posts in this thread you woulda just went to bed and downloaded it this morning like i did hihi

mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #2131 on: September 01, 2006, 10:55:17 AM »

you have no idea how many times I thought Axl would come out. ?Every chance I was like, omg here it is, this is perfect. ?Oh and I missed the interview too and found out later it was only availabe on the web stream, which made me really mad.

oh god... I think I deserve a medal.... Spent all night, or should I say morning (00.00 to 4.30 am) watching the WORST and most BORING VMA?s of all time

If you woulda read the sensible posts in this thread you woulda just went to bed and downloaded it this morning like i did hihi

Well Neemo theres nothing like the anticipation of seeing Axl live.  I mean, that scream was fucking awesome.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #2132 on: September 01, 2006, 10:55:45 AM »

Someone needs to tell the AP, that Axl still is the lead singer of GNR!

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/en/080206mtvvidmusaward/im:/060901/482/1ff26bfbceb04eb6a35122495c36f265
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2133 on: September 01, 2006, 10:58:33 AM »

You are MUCH smarter than me....I actually watch the Mets game and college football during the show....kept switchin' back n forth....THE VMA'S BLOW ALLIGATOR COCK!!!!!

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2134 on: September 01, 2006, 11:00:46 AM »

I am e-mailing them right now.....seriously...

Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2135 on: September 01, 2006, 11:01:32 AM »

There are new Axl VMA pics at Getty Images, Isifa.com, and WireImage.  Sorry not to post them but there's a lot.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2136 on: September 01, 2006, 11:02:19 AM »

Well Neemo theres nothing like the anticipation of seeing Axl live.? I mean, that scream was fucking awesome.

it was prolly just as cool on the vid in appetite for collection hihi

You are MUCH smarter than me....I actually watch the Mets game and college football during the show....kept switchin' back n forth....THE VMA'S BLOW ALLIGATOR COCK!!!!!

yeah actually i watched part of the NFL preseason game then passed out...i didn't bother switching to the awards rofl I knew you guys would fill me in as to exactly what happened peace

mustaine
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2137 on: September 01, 2006, 11:04:21 AM »

Found this image on an Icelandic site, www.mbl.is
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 11:11:22 AM by mustaine » Logged
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #2138 on: September 01, 2006, 11:05:54 AM »

The VMAs did suck, but they were last year with Diddy hosting. ?This year it did have more of a rock theme versus years before. ?I thought Axl looked much better than he did in '02. ?Plus, all this talk about nobody knows who GNR is Bullshit. Teenagers love GNR right now in the states. ?GNR and Metallica are like the Zeppelin and Aerosmith were for people of my generation. ?I am 29 years old. ?But I know a lot of kids between 12-18 and they love it. ?I went to 2 of the NYC shows in May and it mostly young people. ?MTV knows that too. ?If Axl puts something out they will back it. ?They are looking fore something with some interity to come out to back.

Jason

Ritz Reeves III
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #2139 on: September 01, 2006, 11:20:08 AM »

now that i think about it, i think it was good idea for Axl to be there in some capacity. It looks like he and Merck were having  alil convo with the MTV execs which is a good start. Im sure Merck was telling them about the release and stuff and admist the garbage they call music im sure the execs at MtV like the idea of a rock band with some balsss will be coming back to the scene shortly.

All in all it was a good night...soon is looking like its the word

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: