Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:26:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The ONLY Axl @ The 2006 MTV VMAs thread  (Read 216676 times)
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2020 on: September 01, 2006, 02:22:58 AM »

Axl looked great and the crowd responded well. Axl did what was needed to be noticed. The rest of the show was very stale and the 'new' rock bands are flakes. These new bands make Nelson look like iron maiden. Axl looked as though he is a displaced king about to reclaim his crown. He was also humble and gave credit to the Killers who were the best performers of the evening. I don't know if they deserved Axl......but Axl was gratious. Axl also provided us with information of an upcoming tour and the album release before the year is out which was the real reason he was there.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2021 on: September 01, 2006, 02:25:06 AM »

http://www.technorati.com/search/%22axl%20rose%22

http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?hl=en&q=%22axl+rose%22&ie=UTF-8&scoring=d

The point of this thread isn't to flame non-fans who say negative things about Axl.

The point of this is to find out what people outside of GNR fans are saying about Axl's appearance at the MTV Video Music Awards. I personally find some of their observations quite amusing.

Use the above links to search through blogs and post what you find interesting (negative and positive).

Here's some I've found so far:

Axl Rose took the stage at one point and resembled that forty-six year old creepy guy from your neighborhood who lives with his mom and drives a Trans Am with only one t-top because one got stolen. The guy you can always tell is about to arrive in your neighborhood because he is blasting Skid Row from his tape deck. The guy who has a tattoo that says something like ?Class of ?73 Forever? over a fire breathing dragon that is smoking pot with a naked lady on it?s back while flying over a rainbow. The type of guy who mows his lawn wearing nothing but cut off jean shorts while holding a can of beer and smoking a Marlboro. The kind of weirdo that hangs out in front of his garage with a battered foam ice chest full of Natural Lite beer. The type of dude that will tell you all about Vietnam, even though he was only there for a week before getting shot in the arm and ?Taking one for Uncle Sam.? The guy who goes out of his way to give intimate details about the women he?s slept with in his life. The guy who feels that life has done him wrong and how it?s not his fault all women hate him. ?It?s just the way I choose to live my life man. Women can?t deal with it.? Guys with names like Kenny or Axl.

-Axl Rose plus Botox minus chest hair = Go back to the 80s where you came from.? Nuff said.

AXL FREAKIN' ROSE! Wow, he's slimmed down.

--Axl Rose?? That bastard shouldn't even be near MTV.? TWO appearances at the VMAs and not ONE new album?? No one cares anymore.? Why the heck is he "presenting" The Killers anyway?? I'd say Avenged Sevenfold would be more appropriate as they're the closest thing to G n' R I've heard lately (except for Velvet Revolver).? But then again the last band I thought would take Guns' mantle, Buckcherry, faded into oblivion.?

Axl Rose introduced the Killers. Axl has had some SERIOUS plastic surgery. I STILL think he now looks like Donnie Wahlberg.

~? Axl Rose looks very, very strange.

Man, fuck you, Axl. You with your little blazer and your little cornrows. You didn't burn out and you didn't fade away. You just ended up becoming a tool. I may forgive you for the Chinese Democracy debacle, but you effectively ruined Axl Rose for me and I'll never forgive you for that.

And here's Axl Rose! I feel like weeping. He just screeched the opening line to Welcome to the Jungle and it was horrendous and off-key and scary and where have you gone, man who sang It's So Easy with such ferocity?

oh gross... axl rose.... old.. plastic surgery'd to shit... shirt open (just puked a lil in my mouth)... nasty nappy red straw looking jamaica braids (prolly a weave)... YUCK.

...Axl Rose is an old man and needs to stop trying to come back, though my mother would disagree

the performances...since when does THE KILLERS deserve to have the CLOSING spot, let alone be announced by THE fucking AXL ROSE!

....axl rose is NOT COOL MTV!

Axl Rose? Well he is looking much better than when he performed a few years ago. Yet he still has dreads.

Jack Black introduces Axl Rose -- who looks like a strange hybrid of Danny Bonaduce and....no. He just looks like Danny Bonduce.

Why does AXL rose exist with that hair?Huh

Axl Rose - GTFO! Would you just dissappear!?

Axl Rose...still with dreadlocks...still thinking he's the shit...still a little pathetic.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #2022 on: September 01, 2006, 02:27:35 AM »

Ah who the fuck cares anyways?

Fuck em.

We like Axl n its all that matters

gnrevolution.com
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2023 on: September 01, 2006, 02:36:03 AM »

file deleted.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 07:44:45 PM by eggers » Logged
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #2024 on: September 01, 2006, 02:37:23 AM »

Here is my favorite blog entry

Then when they go up to accept their award some piece of shit jackass bitch steals the mic from them and starts talking some bullshit. Whoever he is, he needs the shit kicked out of him, I would have liked to see him try some bullshit like that when fucking Axl Rose came out. The bitch would have got his head bashed in,
       hihi

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2025 on: September 01, 2006, 02:39:45 AM »

what was the point of the you know where the fuck you are thing?
ben9785
« Reply #2026 on: September 01, 2006, 02:41:42 AM »

Because he's Axl Rose, it doesn't matter.
Timmy
Rocker

« Reply #2027 on: September 01, 2006, 02:43:36 AM »

::wonk wonk wonk wonk::

if you know or seen Charlie Brown, you should get it

T.T.
?.?.
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #2028 on: September 01, 2006, 02:44:32 AM »

wow o wow, that was possibly the worst 3 hours of my life.  it truly is sad to see todays music such a mess, i thought i was watching Black entertainment awards or some shit.  i was surprised when panic at the disco won an award over the red hot chili peppers.  rap, hip hop and r&b make up of like 90% of what was at the awards and what is on their channel, the other 10% is shitty rock/emo bands.  that my chemical romance performance before the show was friggin horrible, that singer of theirs suck ass so bad, i actually take back what i said to the rockstar supernova performers.  ANY of them can sing better than that emo douchebag tool.  all these artists there are corporate tools, thats all they are.  BTW was Wolfmother there?  i woulda said they were the best new artist in like the past 6 years but i would completely understand if they didnt want to come.  Each year MTV awards get crappier and crappier, this being the crappiest one i have EVER seen. 

was it worth it to see 45 seconds of axl?  well that vma was so horrible i dont know wether to feel sad or angry, i feel both and if i had to sit through another 2 hours of that shit i would have tried to kill myself (but i would probably just change the channel).  overall i dont think it was worth it to see axl though they did not show the interview with him before he went on stage, or was that after? the interview when he said chinese democracy will be released this year.
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2029 on: September 01, 2006, 02:45:22 AM »

Taped it and just forwarded to the few secs of Axl. The show looked awful.

Axl was cool 

New trademark outfit: Jacket and open shirt, washed out designer jeans and Donald Duck feet. He was clearly a bit nervous, but he pulled it off. Nicely.

I bet there's a lof of kids in the audience who are wondering who he is and why he is saying that "he's not that much of a presenter" and kindda gave a vibe of "I honestly don't care what the press writes".

When these kids are used to Puff Daddy looking and sounding absolutely idiotic, Christina spouting the look-at-me-look-at-me vibe or some overdressed blinged-out moron repeating "Waz up MTV? Waz up MTV? Waz up MTV?"

Man, I hate MTV  rant

But Axl was cool  ok

/RF

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #2030 on: September 01, 2006, 02:45:53 AM »

http://www.menocu.com/debonbon/axl_mtv.flv

Right click and save. youll need a flash video player like VLC. Google it. Also I cant keep this up long. Get it while you can.

Thank you ?Cheesy

Other players that work? Qtime?
ben9785
« Reply #2031 on: September 01, 2006, 02:46:08 AM »

wow o wow, that was possibly the worst 3 hours of my life.  it truly is sad to see todays music such a mess, i thought i was watching Black entertainment awards or some shit.  i was surprised when panic at the disco won an award over the red hot chili peppers.  rap, hip hop and r&b make up of like 90% of what was at the awards and what is on their channel, the other 10% is shitty rock/emo bands.  that my chemical romance performance before the show was friggin horrible, that singer of theirs suck ass so bad, i actually take back what i said to the rockstar supernova performers.  ANY of them can sing better than that emo douchebag tool.  all these artists there are corporate tools, thats all they are.  BTW was Wolfmother there?  i woulda said they were the best new artist in like the past 6 years but i would completely understand if they didnt want to come.  Each year MTV awards get crappier and crappier, this being the crappiest one i have EVER seen. 

was it worth it to see 45 seconds of axl?  well that vma was so horrible i dont know wether to feel sad or angry, i feel both and if i had to sit through another 2 hours of that shit i would have tried to kill myself (but i would probably just change the channel).  overall i dont think it was worth it to see axl though they did not show the interview with him before he went on stage, or was that after? the interview when he said chinese democracy will be released this year.

it was before, the interview was done backstage it wasn't aired during the show, but i guess they will air it at some point, probably as part of a mtv news clip maybe or something like that. but mp3s are circulating of at least the audio interview im sure..have a look through this thread.. good luck. lol
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2032 on: September 01, 2006, 02:55:42 AM »

Right click and save. youll need a flash video player like VLC. Google it. Also I cant keep this up long. Get it while you can.

Thank you ?Cheesy

quicktime qont work no. you may be able to drag it into IE or something. But just google for Flash Video Player, there are a few out there now.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #2033 on: September 01, 2006, 02:58:36 AM »

It is on MTV.com.? I am not sure why people can't watch it.? I've watched it a few times now.? He says this "year".? T

I said already it can't be viewed outside the US. People outside the US gets a message saying that "Copyrights restrict us from playing this video outside the U.S"

that's not true. i'm from europe and i watched it without any problem.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2034 on: September 01, 2006, 03:00:13 AM »

Thank you ?Cheesy

quicktime qont work no. you may be able to drag it into IE or something. But just google for Flash Video Player, there are a few out there now.

I'd suggest Media Player Classic - it's free and works great.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2035 on: September 01, 2006, 03:05:56 AM »

wow o wow, that was possibly the worst 3 hours of my life.  it truly is sad to see todays music such a mess, r.

Even more funny is that every year after the VMAs somebody posts that. LOL, it just continues to suck each year........
chrosken
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2036 on: September 01, 2006, 03:07:45 AM »

Why did he do that for?  why can't he just come out, relax and introduce the band.  I was happy to see him walked and get a nice response from the audience, but he killed it when he screams.  I'm sure people will make more fun of him because of that.  Millions of people are watching and he pull stupid stunts like that?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2037 on: September 01, 2006, 03:09:39 AM »

Why did he do that for?  why can't he just come out, relax and introduce the band.  I was happy to see him walked and get a nice response from the audience, but he killed it when he screams.  I'm sure people will make more fun of him because of that.  Millions of people are watching and he pull stupid stunts like that?

Just be glad he didn't run out of breath dude.............
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #2038 on: September 01, 2006, 03:11:10 AM »

Wow are the VMA's getting trashed my most media.  There was no exciting moment to talk about.  Just a predictable, bland show.  Basically a shit sandwich.  Except for our boy ofcourse.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #2039 on: September 01, 2006, 03:12:43 AM »

Axl's intro was probably one of the only moments of spontaneity of the whole night. 

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: