Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 05, 2024, 03:07:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228153 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  My Chemical Romance
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Chemical Romance  (Read 40801 times)
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2006, 11:58:52 PM »

my god, the guitarist said in a mag that he was like randy rhoads in his guitar playing tech.

He needs to take a good long walk and find a place called reality very quickly before making more claims like that again.

rofl rofl rofl rofl hihi hihi hihi rofl rofl rofl rofl

I haven't seen a guitarist from popular music in the last ten years even come close to matching Randy Rhoads, much less the guy from My chemical Romance  rofl

I even like the guys from Avenged Sevenfold but Randy was in a totally different world with his playing. It's sad to think of all the great music he could have made had his life not been taken so tragically.  no R.I.P Randy
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2006, 06:34:26 AM »

my god, the guitarist said in a mag that he was like randy rhoads in his guitar playing tech.

He needs to take a good long walk and find a place called reality very quickly before making more claims like that again.

I haven't seen a guitarist from popular music in the last ten years even come close to matching Randy Rhoads, much less the guy from My chemical Romance  rofl

I even like the guys from Avenged Sevenfold but Randy was in a totally different world with his playing. It's sad to think of all the great music he could have made had his life not been taken so tragically.  no R.I.P Randy

imagine if, cliff burton and randy rhoads got together in a alternative universe and made an album.

html sucks
Fspen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: October 31, 2006, 07:29:54 PM »

MCR's gimic doesn't contain a shred of tongue-in-cheek.  Rock and Roll should be fun, inspiring, and cool as hell... not dark, whiny, and arrogant.

I'll take a new rock band like The Darkness (even though they play to cliches) over an emo band like My Chemical Romance any day of the week.   ok
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #163 on: October 31, 2006, 08:08:18 PM »

MCR's gimic doesn't contain a shred of tongue-in-cheek.? Rock and Roll should be fun, inspiring, and cool as hell... not dark, whiny, and arrogant.

I'll take a new rock band like The Darkness (even though they play to cliches) over an emo band like My Chemical Romance any day of the week.? ?ok

I'm not saying I disagree, but The Black Parade moves them out of the emo genre, I think...
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #164 on: October 31, 2006, 08:49:47 PM »

MCR's gimic doesn't contain a shred of tongue-in-cheek.  Rock and Roll should be fun, inspiring, and cool as hell... not dark, whiny, and arrogant.

I'll take a new rock band like The Darkness (even though they play to cliches) over an emo band like My Chemical Romance any day of the week.   ok

I'm not saying I disagree, but The Black Parade moves them out of the emo genre, I think...

I agree, I really like the new album, and I think it is big step for them.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Fspen
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2006, 09:28:36 PM »

MCR's gimic doesn't contain a shred of tongue-in-cheek.? Rock and Roll should be fun, inspiring, and cool as hell... not dark, whiny, and arrogant.

I'll take a new rock band like The Darkness (even though they play to cliches) over an emo band like My Chemical Romance any day of the week.? ?ok

I saw their new video earlier, and that's what prompted me to respond here.  What song was it?

But what I saw was matching skeleton outfits, gothy looking followers clad in corsets and bondage, and a parade straight through what appears to be a giant heap of shit... all pretty pretentious stuff.  Perhaps I'm judging this band on more of their image and less so on the music they play, but to me the two go hand in hand.

Can you imagine Freddy Mercury doing black makeup or skeletons?  A band's image can be over the top can and work... like Bowie, Alice Cooper, or Queen... but I feel that bands like MCR are playing on teenage angst in a very uncool and spiritless way... who wants to sit around feeling sorry for themselves.  That sense of self pity to me is what is ruining rock and roll.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #166 on: November 01, 2006, 07:22:24 AM »

I saw their new video earlier, and that's what prompted me to respond here.  What song was it?

But what I saw was matching skeleton outfits, gothy looking followers clad in corsets and bondage, and a parade straight through what appears to be a giant heap of shit... all pretty pretentious stuff.  Perhaps I'm judging this band on more of their image and less so on the music they play, but to me the two go hand in hand.

Can you imagine Freddy Mercury doing black makeup or skeletons?  A band's image can be over the top can and work... like Bowie, Alice Cooper, or Queen... but I feel that bands like MCR are playing on teenage angst in a very uncool and spiritless way... who wants to sit around feeling sorry for themselves.  That sense of self pity to me is what is ruining rock and roll.

basically the new album is just the same shit but with a hint of queen (done badly) and maybe slightly different lyrics, ive read them, they just seem confusing.

Other than cancer which admittedly i think the lyrics are very good, but thats only because i lost a member of family to cancer so maybe it just tugs on my nice side.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 11:01:50 AM by mrlee » Logged

html sucks
Evolution
« Reply #167 on: November 01, 2006, 10:28:55 AM »

I just bought the new album. Sounds really good.

The "la-la-lalala" part in "Dead!" is quality!
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: November 01, 2006, 10:43:16 AM »

I just bought the new album. Sounds really good.

The "la-la-lalala" part in "Dead!" is quality!

yes, Dead! is my favorite on the album so far.  Disenchanted, Teenagers, I Dont Love You are some of my other favorites and of  course the hidden song, fucking rocks!

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #169 on: November 01, 2006, 05:28:38 PM »

I saw their new video earlier, and that's what prompted me to respond here.? What song was it?

But what I saw was matching skeleton outfits, gothy looking followers clad in corsets and bondage, and a parade straight through what appears to be a giant heap of shit... all pretty pretentious stuff.? Perhaps I'm judging this band on more of their image and less so on the music they play, but to me the two go hand in hand.

Can you imagine Freddy Mercury doing black makeup or skeletons?? A band's image can be over the top can and work... like Bowie, Alice Cooper, or Queen... but I feel that bands like MCR are playing on teenage angst in a very uncool and spiritless way... who wants to sit around feeling sorry for themselves.? That sense of self pity to me is what is ruining rock and roll.

It might be pretentious the way they present themselves, but - unlike their previous albums, none of which I could really stomach - this one is surprisingly strong.  Even better, then, that they created these personalities and alter-egos for "The Black Parade."  In this case, I think it will work in their favor...
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: November 01, 2006, 06:51:30 PM »

but I feel that bands like MCR are playing on teenage angst in a very uncool and spiritless way... who wants to sit around feeling sorry for themselves.  That sense of self pity to me is what is ruining rock and roll.

I totally agree with you man! I remember the first time I was exposed to My chemical romance was their video "Im not Okay" and in the video it would have a black screen and it's like "If you've ever felt depressed, sad, angry etc. etc. Then this song is for you"   EVERYONE fucking feels those emotions and basically EVERY song can relate to one of those emotions. They just tend to focus on the negative ones. Also the rest of the song was the lead singer saying "Im not okay" over and over again...

That's just not for me really... and that's probably why it will be really hard to give this band a second chance because with their whole image/whiney attitute with that first exposure I had to them.

Anyway at least they don't play on the whole angst thing as much as Hawthorne Heights.  nervous I remember my friend kept listening to some song by theirs and it was like "Slit my wrists and black my eyes" in the chorus. Damn your girlfriend broke up with you, its not the end of the fucking world you pussy!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #171 on: November 01, 2006, 07:04:47 PM »

but I feel that bands like MCR are playing on teenage angst in a very uncool and spiritless way... who wants to sit around feeling sorry for themselves.  That sense of self pity to me is what is ruining rock and roll.

I totally agree with you man! I remember the first time I was exposed to My chemical romance was their video "Im not Okay" and in the video it would have a black screen and it's like "If you've ever felt depressed, sad, angry etc. etc. Then this song is for you"   EVERYONE fucking feels those emotions and basically EVERY song can relate to one of those emotions. They just tend to focus on the negative ones. Also the rest of the song was the lead singer saying "Im not okay" over and over again...

That's just not for me really... and that's probably why it will be really hard to give this band a second chance because with their whole image/whiney attitute with that first exposure I had to them.

Anyway at least they don't play on the whole angst thing as much as Hawthorne Heights.  nervous I remember my friend kept listening to some song by theirs and it was like "Slit my wrists and black my eyes" in the chorus. Damn your girlfriend broke up with you, its not the end of the fucking world you pussy!

i listen to "the black parade" and think "wtf is this shit?" then i go into the ye olde collection and put "looks that kill" on by motley crue and i think "now this is the shit i wanna hear" in rock music where they have all make up and dramatic stage shows and all that anyway.

html sucks
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #172 on: November 01, 2006, 07:13:40 PM »

Okay, that's borderline offensive.? What mag?

i dont quite know. I was reading the review and comments of it on ultimate guitar, someone mentioned it there, they did say the mag, but there loads of comments to go through to find that one comment...so....youll have to take my word Cheesy

Guess we'll have to ok

He is no rhodes. But guitar players in bands like these dont get any credit at all.

People always compare to the greats and the truth is their bands aren't about awesome solos or individuals. There just about music. They play well and make a good living out of it.

Now i love a slash solo as much as anything but there are too many people who are narrow minded and think that just coz every guitarist isn't some awesome player in their own right that their guitar should be slated. Well i dont care if he can only play one chord if he plays it well and it goes with the rest of the song . . all the power to him.

There are some unbelievable guitarists out there that will never sell as many records in their life as my chemical romance so what do they lack? the image, the attitude, the promotion? Who cares. Talent and abilty of an individual is one thing putting that person in a band and making him do whats best for the song is where true greats show themselves.

YOu can slate MCR, Fallout boy and Panic at the disco all you like but they are having the time of their lives doing what alot of people, maybe more talented wish they could do. And at the end of the day the majority of people that dont like them probally haven't heard their album or had their mind made up before hand.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #173 on: November 01, 2006, 07:29:47 PM »

Okay, that's borderline offensive.  What mag?

i dont quite know. I was reading the review and comments of it on ultimate guitar, someone mentioned it there, they did say the mag, but there loads of comments to go through to find that one comment...so....youll have to take my word Cheesy

Guess we'll have to ok

He is no rhodes. But guitar players in bands like these dont get any credit at all.

People always compare to the greats and the truth is their bands aren't about awesome solos or individuals. There just about music. They play well and make a good living out of it.

Now i love a slash solo as much as anything but there are too many people who are narrow minded and think that just coz every guitarist isn't some awesome player in their own right that their guitar should be slated. Well i dont care if he can only play one chord if he plays it well and it goes with the rest of the song . . all the power to him.

There are some unbelievable guitarists out there that will never sell as many records in their life as my chemical romance so what do they lack? the image, the attitude, the promotion? Who cares. Talent and abilty of an individual is one thing putting that person in a band and making him do whats best for the song is where true greats show themselves.

YOu can slate MCR, Fallout boy and Panic at the disco all you like but they are having the time of their lives doing what alot of people, maybe more talented wish they could do. And at the end of the day the majority of people that dont like them probally haven't heard their album or had their mind made up before hand.

thats untrue to a certain extent.

I love NIN, do they have guitar solos? nope.
I love Marilyn manson, his songs dont have technical guitar solos either.
the sex pistols

i could go on.

But when this band, MCR, are so huge and over rated, and they come out with comments comparing themselves to the greats then they deserve to be slated when its quite clear they are not a patch on the people they claim to be similar to or better than.

html sucks
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #174 on: November 01, 2006, 07:32:30 PM »

Okay, that's borderline offensive.  What mag?

Guess we'll have to ok

I'm not saying their guitarist is bad, but when he compares himself to one of the greatest guitarists in metal then that's a little different.
J.J. Cook
Headliner

« Reply #175 on: November 01, 2006, 07:46:10 PM »

I really don't like this band. I just listened to the new single to make sure and yup! They're still emo with a bit of bad queen like someone said earlier. The music of theirs I don't really hate I just find it boring and generic, but their image and lyrics and whole hype is so gay and contrived and cliche! Their fans around here are vile people that are all stoned out of their heads because they think their lives are so bad when they're really not. It's so pathetic. This band's a one trick pony.

edit: Here's an example of a  MCR fan. I looked at the comments after I watched/listened to the vid and the second one was this:

"Genious! almost as if they paranormally knew exactly what i needed to see n' hear to satisfy my broken soul... "

Your broken what? Lame.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 07:48:29 PM by J.J. Cook » Logged

I hate fanboys.
Dirty Little Thing
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #176 on: November 01, 2006, 07:55:20 PM »

edit: Here's an example of a  MCR fan. I looked at the comments after I watched/listened to the vid and the second one was this:

"Genious! almost as if they paranormally knew exactly what i needed to see n' hear to satisfy my broken soul... "

Your broken what? Lame.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
sesor
Rocker

« Reply #177 on: November 02, 2006, 04:07:53 PM »

I haven't seen a guitarist from popular music in the last ten years even come close to matching Randy Rhoads, much less the guy from My chemical Romance? rofl

I even like the guys from Avenged Sevenfold but Randy was in a totally different world with his playing. It's sad to think of all the great music he could have made had his life not been taken so tragically.? no R.I.P Randy

imagine if, cliff burton and randy rhoads got together in a alternative universe and made an album.

i would buy that album! and me actually buying an album instead of downloading is a rarity i'll tell you that!

anywho cant stand mcr, they suck.
emo crap, suppose some stuff is catchy but it stays in your head for days and drives me insane.

I Saw The Storm Gettin' Closer, And The Waves They Get So High, Seems Everything I Used To Know Here...Why Must It Drift Away And Die?
Evolution
« Reply #178 on: November 02, 2006, 05:09:54 PM »

Some of the new stuff reminds me of the new Alkaline Trio album too. Not a bad thing.
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #179 on: November 02, 2006, 05:37:28 PM »

Okay, that's borderline offensive.? What mag?

Guess we'll have to ok

thats untrue to a certain extent.

I love NIN, do they have guitar solos? nope.
I love Marilyn manson, his songs dont have technical guitar solos either.
the sex pistols

i could go on.

But when this band, MCR, are so huge and over rated, and they come out with comments comparing themselves to the greats then they deserve to be slated when its quite clear they are not a patch on the people they claim to be similar to or better than.

So you think their overated. Thats cool.

But my point is that musicians are either misquoted or joking alot. and to some people he is a better guitarist and if people think that then thats that. i know steve vai is a good guitarist but i dont like him and would prefer to listen to MCR than him. I dont like his style.

i dont think you can say he is better than him because you like the style. My friend loves Hardcore and is in an Hardcore band and some guitar he tells me is awesome i think sounds shit. But i love the guitar in MCR 'I'm Not Okay' so to me he is a better guitarist. I dont care how fast he can play. My favourite guitarist is Slash because of what he brought to GNR. But i love Jonny Greenwood stuff too.

You opinion is right as is his if he really believes he's better. What we think is only opinion.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: