Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 08:44:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  If the album is going to be out in less than four months, a single...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: If the album is going to be out in less than four months, a single...  (Read 3073 times)
themovieaddict.com
« on: September 09, 2006, 03:31:55 AM »

...is going to need to be dropped at least a month in advance. Especially when you've got a $13 million album on your hands. Geffen/Interscope are going to need to hype it up big time and reintroduce Axl to the world, which makes me think we're going to get some major (surprise?) comeback at some point within the next few months...whether it be a live appearance or just a single being dropped.

But really, if they expect to have it make money, it will need to be dropped BEFORE Christmas, at least a few weeks in advance for obvious reasons. Usually big albums or games or films are released around the end of November for this reason. Items are rarely released a week or two before Christmas, because it doesn't give people enough time to get it.

Furthermore, if it's going to be a Christmas-gift item, and it's coming out at the end of November, they're going to have to hype it up BEFORE this date (they're not just going to release it and hope people see it lying on the New Releases shelf). This puts us at late October/early November at the latest for a grand-scale marketing campaign.

And if they start the campaign around this time, it means a single should be out around then also.

But then again, it's GN'R we're talking about, they never really seem to follow the norm at all...  nervous

Anyway, I think from a business and marketing standpoint we're almost guaranteed to have some type of single or promotion within the next two months. If not, Geffen is really putting the nail in their own coffin, from a financial standpoint.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 03:34:36 AM by RussianRoulette » Logged
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2006, 04:54:32 AM »

i agree, i wnat this band to be fuckin huge...i think the songs deserve it...so some promo or a single would be excellent. i think we'll see something within the next month................................................hopefully nervous

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Ineverlearn000022
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 04:59:48 AM »

you're right...let's hope.  All of us would love a release date any day.... Grin

Wake up....Time to die!!!!!!!!!
rckn
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 05:03:44 AM »

Axl?s answer to John (Chuck) Norris was not accurate.

"This year" is a bit different to "this fall."

Why is this so difficult?

Huh
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 08:10:10 AM »

Well, Chinese Democracy has just been deleted from hmv.co.uk. If I remember well, onne week ago, it was one of the most popular items...
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2006, 09:15:30 AM »

"Especially when you've got a $13 million album on your hands." -RussianRoulette

Actually, if $13 million has been spent, they've got almost 3 albums worth of material out of it.  So, not to be a dick, but you could call Chinese Democracy a $4.33 million album.  I guess that doesn't make headlines or sell magazines though.  Oh well.
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2006, 09:21:48 AM »

eu tour 2006 sold 35+ million dollars worth of tickets.
that easly covers the cost of the album.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »

that easly covers the cost of the album.

is that a fact and if so from where?
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2006, 09:34:35 AM »

And cost $30 million dollars in overtime fees.

Here today...ready to rock
Sizzle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2006, 09:39:40 AM »

Actually the tour would have made ?2,800,000 or $5,223,393 assuming an average ticket price of ?40 (about average in the UK), and the fact that GN'R played to around 700,000 people.

Minus equipment cost, wages, roadie's pay etc, I'd say they only walked away with ?1,500,000.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 09:44:10 AM »

Its more than $13m, when you consider the cost of financing the capital and lost revenue

In real terms its probably more around $20m. And thats even before promotional and marketing costs.

Here today...ready to rock
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 11:53:17 AM »

Its more than $13m, when you consider the cost of financing the capital and lost revenue

In real terms its probably more around $20m. And thats even before promotional and marketing costs.

Lets not forget GNR Greatest Hits... that covered all of the cost.

3 million sold (approx)
    x       10$ each (approx) 
   --------------------------------
    30 million dollars

And they hardly promoted it.. so I would say they made quite enough.

gnrevolution.com
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 12:03:22 PM »

The Greatest Hits has NOT sold 3 million copies... you Americans are tiring about ignoring the rest of the world: The worldwide sales are around 7 million copies. Do you get it now? WORLD-WIDE sales, there's a world outside America, people buy records aswell and they count!
To answer to the question, yes the band/the record company have covered the cost of ChiDem.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 12:07:35 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 12:13:43 PM »

The Greatest Hits has NOT sold 3 million copies... you Americans are tiring about ignoring the rest of the world: The worldwide sales are around 7 million copies. Do you get it now? WORLD-WIDE sales, there's a world outside America, people buy records aswell and they count!
To answer to the question, yes the band/the record company have covered the cost of ChiDem.

Ohhhh my god. Gimme a break nesquick. When all I hear about is "3 million copys sold" 20 times thats what I think it is. Get the stick out of your ass man. Jesus.

My bad.

gnrevolution.com
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 12:22:13 PM »

well, ok, I just wanna say the true figure is around 7 million copies, wich is very, very good for an almost non-promoted album  Tongue

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 12:25:57 PM »

well, ok, I just wanna say the true figure is around 7 million copies, wich is very, very good for an almost non-promoted album  Tongue

I didn't mean to go off on you man, I just felt like you attacked me or something. Like I said, my bad. I just hear 3 million all over the place.

Love ya Nes  beer

gnrevolution.com
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 12:31:41 PM »

European ticket sales included a significant amount of people who went to festivals. The ticket costs would be divided among all performers. I also think that at festivals they are given an appearance fee not a cut of ticket sales. Having said that GNR/Axl is bring in a big chunk of change and with the upcoming fall tour they will have the ability to pay off CD.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 12:33:12 PM »

yeah buts it cost nearly 40 quid to see Gnr whcih is just under double what it is to see most chart acts, so they definetly made a shit load!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2006, 12:56:51 PM »

Do you really believe that Interscope/Geffen has forked out 13 million dollars for this album?

Does anyone really believe that?
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 12:58:17 PM »

yeah buts it cost nearly 40 quid to see Gnr whcih is just under double what it is to see most chart acts, so they definetly made a shit load!
And let's not forget that after converting Euros and Sterling to dollars they would have increased their revenue by about 3/4.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: