Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:16:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  is Axl still enemies with Bon Jovi?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: is Axl still enemies with Bon Jovi?  (Read 8500 times)
Deniz
Headliner

I'll just end up walking in the cold november rain

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2006, 10:50:27 AM »

Have a nice day dold 2 millon in it's first 2 weeks.Which was a record in the bands history.

They sold out giant stadium and they always play for 50000+.They made the third most succesful tour this summer.Following the stones and u2.

These groups are bigger ten mtv.They don't need to promote themselves in the ''vmas''.

You guys may think gnr is more talented.Everyone is entilted on their own opinion.But you cannot really argue about who is more succesful.the numbers are there.

And ofcourse jbj has made more money.Bj sold more then 100 ml albums and on touring the stadiums for the last 20 years.Jbj has his own foundations.So we don't actually know if he is richer then axl cause he gives a big percentage away.

Axl:When did you see me overreact
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2006, 10:55:40 AM »

First off, your list of BJ songs above, while impressive is incorrect. Check your linear notes, Desmond had a hand in ALOT of those tunes. That notwithstanding, why do you guys always post things like "Have A Nice Day sold much more then Contraband"? Why not instead post the numbers so you can prove it?

Wich ones please ? Cause I do read my linear notes, and this comes from the Cd's booklets. Desmond Child did not help wroting any of this tunes.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:58:45 AM by NicoRose » Logged

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2006, 11:01:13 AM »

Have a nice day dold 2 millon in it's first 2 weeks.Which was a record in the bands history.

They sold out giant stadium and they always play for 50000+.They made the third most succesful tour this summer.Following the stones and u2.

See the above for info on Bon Jovis "stadium sellouts", although if there was a legit one in the US, it would be Jersey

These groups are bigger ten mtv.They don't need to promote themselves in the ''vmas''.

Really? Is that why U2 plays the VMAs everytime they have a record to promote? Don't confuse JBJ not being able to get on the VMAs with him not needing it. If JBJ was "bigger then the VMAs" then he wouldn't be out putting his face on every interview show and magazine he can to keep himself relevant.

he's sold more then 100 ml albums and on touring the stadiums for the last 20 years

Again, for the delusional Bon Jovi has in no way shape or form been "touring the stadiums for the last 20 years"

Here's the thing; this has gone way past the meaning of the original point. It has nothing to do with GNR Vs BJ, the only reason I'm still arguing this point is because you guys are making up wild and outlandish facts to try and make BJ sound bigger then Axl.

I could honestly give two shits who is more successful and what not, but I'm not gonna sit back and watch people just make up shit about BJ's success

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2006, 11:02:42 AM »

First off, your list of BJ songs above, while impressive is incorrect. Check your linear notes, Desmond had a hand in ALOT of those tunes. That notwithstanding, why do you guys always post things like "Have A Nice Day sold much more then Contraband"? Why not instead post the numbers so you can prove it?

Wich ones please ? Cause I do read my linear notes, and this comes from the Cd's booklets. Desmond Child did not help wroting any of this tunes.

I'll be more then happy to take a peek at the cds when I get home. Did you care to comment on the sales of Have A Nice Day vs. Contraband?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2006, 11:03:44 AM »

Oh please.

Stop comparing Bon Jovi to Guns.

If you love Bon Jovi so much, then you're definitely in the wrong board...

JB9988
VIP

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2006, 11:04:38 AM »

"It's much more easy to "Have a Nice Day" than it is to dance with "Mr. Brownstone"
NO! Mr. Brownstone makes days much nicer Grin

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2006, 11:05:57 AM »

russtcb, I don't give a shit to try to make BJ or GN'R bigger. They are my two all-time favorite bands.

Facts are facts.

Long live GN'R.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2006, 11:07:58 AM »

"It's much more easy to "Have a Nice Day" than it is to dance with "Mr. Brownstone"
NO! Mr. Brownstone makes days much nicer Grin

You can dance to this shit...  hihi

Nayl
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2006, 11:08:39 AM »

?Who cares if they are still fighting or hate each other.I like Bon-Jovi but to say the guy sells out in Jersey alot is not saying much considering thats his home state ofc he is gonna sell out around in those area's.I still like there music even the sell out country hit they have had recently.Also for you JBJ fans might wanna check skudge boards when you get time rumor is Bon-Jovi's next cd will be country as they see it as a much more lucrative market than pop rock.

?
 ? ?Axl I am sure could do some country sap hit record with one of the country chicks who are into old GnR and have a big hit also so do not act like JBJ somehow is still a hitmaker after all these years put Axl with a top country star doing a duet and I would be willing to bet it would go right to number one also so that arguement is crap.Point is JBJ has always been more pop/country radio friendly than GnR so stands to reason he would be more popular in terms of sales.

? ?

? ?
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2006, 11:11:45 AM »

I'll be more then happy to take a peek at the cds when I get home. Did you care to comment on the sales of Have A Nice Day vs. Contraband?

No need to comment, but I do recognize that I was wrong Wink

Oh please.

Well, since I love both bands, I've got the right to stay here. Last time I've checked it was still a free board, and I'm not doing anything wrong. We're discussing facts. If you don't like the subject then don't bother ...

Long live GN'R.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2006, 11:32:15 AM »

Oh please.

Yeah I guess I should look at it that way too. I did about 30 seconds of fact checking just now to ensure that these wild ass claims like "Have A Nice Day" sold 2 million copies in its first 2 weeks were wrong. If that were true, it would mean the album moved 1.8 million units in its second week since it moved 200k the first week.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 11:34:21 AM by russtcb » Logged

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2006, 11:33:10 AM »

Facts are facts.

Exactly.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2006, 11:41:19 AM »

I really don't want to be reading how great Bon Jovi is in the GN'R section...

If I want to read that kind of stuff, I'd visit a Bon Jovi forum.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNFNRAXL
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2006, 12:14:29 PM »

So by judging the posts of some members here, if you like GNR you can't like Bon Jovi or vice versa.  PATHETIC!  I love GNR and I love Bon Jovi and who fucking cares?!  They can hate each other and I do not give a flying crap about it one bit.  I enjoy both bands and those who don't enjoy either one  well so be it.  It just pisses me off when I see some members here saying they can judge Bon Jovi all they want but when someone doesn't like what Axl says or do they get bad karma, bashed and threads locked.  Goes both ways buddy.  So what JBJ doesn't get why Axl is so popular even if he is a recluse?  He is entitled to his opinion just like we all are.  GNR is a great great band.  Bon Jovi is a great band too.  Selling 100000000 millions album is no small feat.  I don't always agree with what Axl or JBJ both say or do and obviously we all don't and it should stop at that.  Newsflash there are other great band other than GNR you know and that is ok.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2006, 01:42:07 PM »

"Bon Jovi can Suck my Dick!". You're insulting Axl by mentioning this ass clown in the same sentence as W. Axl Rose.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2006, 01:53:52 PM »

I dunno who envys who but maybe Axl envys Bon Jovi?s hair? LOL rofl well.. he still has plenty! hihi

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2006, 02:08:46 PM »

I doubt axl ever has had anything strongly against bon jovi personally. or looked upon bon jovi as his rival in music. One is a front man of an intense Hard rock band and the other is a soft rock/ pop idol with his back band.

Comparing GNR with bon jovi is no more meaningful than comparing it with beyonce.
Whatever he said, didn't mean much more than that "this is not Britney spears bullshit" comment, IMO.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2006, 02:16:24 PM »

Who gives a fuck about Jon's look. He's a great frontman, and know how to handle any crowds. He or the band are never late, they respect the fans alot.

Plus West Arkeen wrote stuffs for GN'R, other people too, outside from the band.

Dry County - written by JBJ
Always - written by JBJ
Bed Of Roses - JBJ
Hey God, These Days, Damned - JBJ/Richie Sambora
Wanted dead Or Alive - JBJ/Richie Sambora
Lay Your Hands On Me - JBJ/RS

And you can add from the same pair : Raise Your Hands, Never Say Goodbye, Wild In The Streets, Love For Sale, Blood On Blood, Homebound Train, Someday I'll Be Saturday Night, I Believe, Blame It On The Love Of Rock & Roll, Little Bit Of Soul, Save A Prayer, Who Says You can't Go Home, Starting All Over Again, My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms, (It's Hard) Letting You Go, Something To Believe In, All I Want Is Everything, Two Story Town, Next 100 Years, Save The World, Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars, I Could Make A Living Out Of Loving You, Neurotica, Right Side Of Wrong, Runaway, Get Ready, Tokyo Road, Undivided, Joey, The Radio Saved My Life Tonight, Garageland, Prostitute, The End, Good Guys Don't Always Wear White, Another Reason To Believe, Standing, Last Cigarette, Novocaine, Unbreakable, Dirty Little Secret, Last Man Standing ... And many fucking more rant

Maybe you're jaleous ?

You can criticize all you want, but Jon and Richie did wrote some good fucking rock songs.

Bon JACKASS is a rich pussy....maybe he has talent to a certain number of people....which is fine.....but he has no balls and no place in a conversation about real rock or metal icons....he plays heavy country music at best....no edge, no danger, and I don't recall EVER meeting a DUDE who liked his music...then again, I am not a big fan of well to do cockbags that are born rich...I guess they just don't know any better....and I am done talkin' about this ......

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2006, 02:17:09 PM »

I really don't want to be reading how great Bon Jovi is in the GN'R section...

If I want to read that kind of stuff, I'd visit a Bon Jovi forum.? ok

/jarmo

What he said... yes

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2006, 02:24:26 PM »

Love them or hate them, the Have A Nice Day record, is dam good.

I'm sorry to break it to you but just because you think the record is good, doesn't make it a good record.

I'm sorry to break it to you but just because you think the record is bad, doesn't make it a bad record.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: