Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:41:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  is Axl still enemies with Bon Jovi?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: is Axl still enemies with Bon Jovi?  (Read 8512 times)
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2006, 08:58:44 AM »

Who cares if two multi-millionaires (Axl and JBJ) have a problem with eachother or not? Plenty of people are fans of both. The groups are more similar than say Cannibal Corpse and Nickelback, so it is fair  to say that it wouldn't be uncommon for people to enjoy both groups. I love both bands and couldn't care less if they have "beef" with eachother or not.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 09:16:19 AM »

Oh yeah, HAVE A NICE DAY is such a great song, I just can't stop listening to it. NOT

Pull yourself together. Bon Jovi has always been POP rock, that's why they're POPULAR...

They might have a few good tunes, but even Britney might have a good tune. And let's not forget that back in their "good ol days" they needed lots of help from Desmond Child to write all those "hits"...

Oh, and Skeba, mine's bigger.  Tongue

ummm and Axl needed help from Izzy back in the "good ol days". 

uuuummmmm, and they were in the same band? Was Desmond Child ever a member of Bon Jovi?

I am from Jersey and its against the law here to ever put down Bon Jovi and Springsteen.  I have seen both of them live and they can unify crowds like no one I have ever seen. 

I'm from Greece and I don't care about your New Jersey laws... Bon Jovi is a pop-rock band who needed outside help to write all their major hits.

Respect the Boss. Don't compare him to Bon Jovi.

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 09:24:36 AM »

back to the topic is he even still enemies with Bon Jovi?

Axl don't cares.

but Jon hates Axl because he envies him.

Not sure about that ... Jon and the boys are bigger than Axl/GN'R these days.

?

UHHHH...NO....Bon Sissy Mary has suffered in record sales for the last decade......I am not sure about now but he is not a bigger name than Axl no matter what either one of them are doing.......you gotta be kidding me.......Bon Pompous is the ultimate suck-boy and the only ones who don't know that are teenage rich girl and their mothers... hihi..yes I am truth

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2006, 09:25:39 AM »

ummm and Axl needed help from Izzy back in the "good ol days".?

uuuummmmm, and they were in the same band? Was Desmond Child ever a member of Bon Jovi?

Holy shit! Well played! I didn't even think about that shit. I guess is Desmond counts as a member or Jovi then he HAS to count for at least Aersosmith as well!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Deniz
Headliner

I'll just end up walking in the cold november rain

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2006, 09:30:12 AM »

I'm really sick of this bj vsgn'r threads.If it's a bj forum they say axl is a botoxed mutant trash, and here jbj is compared to britney.Why can't you guys just admit they r both very talented musicians and best 2 frontmn out there. Just to cherish one you don't need to insult the other.Jon bon jovi is a rock n' roll legend.And he is one of the nicest guys in the world.

Axl:When did you see me overreact
madagas
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 09:44:34 AM »

Bon Jovi sucks a dogs ass.... Grin However, he has had a successful career. Let's not mention him in the same breath as Springsteen though. That is heresy. Angry
Big Gun
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2006, 10:12:39 AM »

i never bought a bon jovi album and im not going to diss him coz i dont like his music. i dont really care if they were/are enemies. we GNR fans cant really judge much the other bands coz we are still listening to 20 years old music and i lost count of how many times we're promised new album.

Please don?t put your life in the hands
Of a rock and roll band
And throw it all away
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2006, 10:17:40 AM »

It's obvious that JBJ cannot get over the fact that Axl was/is a bigger star then him by his assinine remarks recently.

Think what you want about the guys music, but in every measurable way of star power right now John Bon Jovi bends Axl over a table. He sells out venues Axl can't dream of playing right now, has more money than God, and still releases hit albums 20 years after his debut. I love Axl as much as anyone on this board, but Bon Jovi is a bigger "star" than Axl right now when you look at the trajectories of their careers.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2006, 10:18:51 AM »

i never bought a bon jovi album and im not going to diss him coz i dont like his music. i dont really care if they were/are enemies. we GNR fans cant really judge much the other bands coz we are still listening to 20 years old music and i lost count of how many times we're promised new album.

I can judge anybody I want. I don't care what other people think.

All I know is that Guns N' Roses wrote their greatest songs on their own. Bon Jovi didn't. That's enough for me. I'm not gonna judge them on anything else, from being handsome to being a great frontman.

It's easy to be good on stage when you're handsome and when someone else writes your biggest songs.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2006, 10:29:59 AM »

He sells out venues Axl can't dream of playing right now

Hahaha.... what venues is Bon Jovi selling out then Guns N' Roses couldn't?

has more money than God

This point makes no sense whatsoever. Not that it matters, but what makes you think that Jon Bon Jovi would have any more more then Axl Rose?

and still releases hit albums 20 years after his debut

Really? Since Crush (which was an actual hit) can you speak about how well Bounce and Have A Nice Day have done on the charts? I know I can, because I actually know what I'm talking about. To be a hit album, doesn't someone actually have to buy it? Feel free to look up some numbers for the last two Bon Jovi albums, I think you'll be a little surprised.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2006, 10:38:26 AM »

I'm sure they are both over it by now. But I do know that lately JBJ was complaining that he didn't understand why Axl gets so much attention when he is just a recluse and has not released an album in years. I think I saw it on the E! channel on that show "Hollywood 7 Deadly Sins". So maybe JBJ still holds a grudge, but Axl has moved on I think.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »

what venues is Bon Jovi selling out then Guns N' Roses couldn't?

They sold out Giants Stadium 3 straight nights this summer, Solider Field, Gillete stadium and some others to name a few. These were not festivals, just Bon Jovi shows. Their drawing power is tremendous.

People can slag the band for their "pop rock" sound all they want, but you don't sell the amount of albums they have and still sell out stadiums without making music that resonates with people.

Bounce was a flop, but HAND has sold nearly 4,500,000 albums worldwide and has gone platinum in the USA and several other countries. The album went to number one in 15 countries, went to number two in the USA and UK. Not to mention becoming the first rock act to have a number one single on the Country music charts.

That is not bad for an album that propelled a sold out arena and stadium tour around the world.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:46:00 AM by Naupis » Logged
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2006, 10:39:26 AM »

I'm sure they are both over it by now. But I do know that lately JBJ was complaining that he didn't understand why Axl gets so much attention when he is just a recluse and has not released an album in years. I think I saw it on the E! channel on that show "Hollywood 7 Deadly Sins". So maybe JBJ still holds a grudge, but Axl has moved on I think.

My point was that I honestly don't think Axl thinks/cares about JBJ or his band. Obviously JBJ is pretty jealous of Axl still though.

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2006, 10:41:43 AM »

Who gives a fuck about Jon's look. He's a great frontman, and know how to handle any crowds. He or the band are never late, they respect the fans alot.

Plus West Arkeen wrote stuffs for GN'R, other people too, outside from the band.

Dry County - written by JBJ
Always - written by JBJ
Bed Of Roses - JBJ
Hey God, These Days, Damned - JBJ/Richie Sambora
Wanted dead Or Alive - JBJ/Richie Sambora
Lay Your Hands On Me - JBJ/RS

And you can add from the same pair : Raise Your Hands, Never Say Goodbye, Wild In The Streets, Love For Sale, Blood On Blood, Homebound Train, Someday I'll Be Saturday Night, I Believe, Blame It On The Love Of Rock & Roll, Little Bit Of Soul, Save A Prayer, Who Says You can't Go Home, Starting All Over Again, My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms, (It's Hard) Letting You Go, Something To Believe In, All I Want Is Everything, Two Story Town, Next 100 Years, Save The World, Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars, I Could Make A Living Out Of Loving You, Neurotica, Right Side Of Wrong, Runaway, Get Ready, Tokyo Road, Undivided, Joey, The Radio Saved My Life Tonight, Garageland, Prostitute, The End, Good Guys Don't Always Wear White, Another Reason To Believe, Standing, Last Cigarette, Novocaine, Unbreakable, Dirty Little Secret, Last Man Standing ... And many fucking more rant

Maybe you're jaleous ?

You can criticize all you want, but Jon and Richie did wrote some good fucking rock songs.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2006, 10:42:59 AM »

has more money than God

This point makes no sense whatsoever. Not that it matters, but what makes you think that Jon Bon Jovi would have any more more then Axl Rose?

Really? Since Crush (which was an actual hit) can you speak about how well Bounce and Have A Nice Day have done on the charts? I know I can, because I actually know what I'm talking about. To be a hit album, doesn't someone actually have to buy it? Feel free to look up some numbers for the last two Bon Jovi albums, I think you'll be a little surprised.

Not to be an A hole, but Have A Nice Day sold pretty well, much more than VR's Contraband for exemple.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2006, 10:44:34 AM »

People can slag the band for their "pop rock" sound all they want, but you don't sell the amount of albums they have and still sell out stadiums without making music that resonates with people.

All hail the lowest common denominator!

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2006, 10:44:50 AM »

what venues is Bon Jovi selling out then Guns N' Roses couldn't?

They sold out Giants Stadium 3 straight nights this summer, Solider Field, Gillete stadium and some others to name a few. These were not festivals, just Bon Jovi shows. Their drawing power is tremendous.

Again, I'd love to see your thoughts on the sales of the last three albums. As far as those "stadium sell outs" you may want to look into that too. Bon Jovi "sold out" Comerica Park here in Detroit on the Bounce Tour but in spite of that, it was announced on 3 different Detroit radio stations that everyone that wanted to could attend the show for free in the upper level on the day of the show until the upper level was filled.

So we were wondering when we got there why the upper level was less then half full as well as the field and lower levels having gaping holes in alot of sections. If that stadium show was "sold out" as Bon Jovi claimed, why would all that have happened?

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2006, 10:48:15 AM »

has more money than God

Not to be an A hole, but Have A Nice Day sold pretty well, much more than VR's Contraband for exemple.

First off, your list of BJ songs above, while impressive is incorrect. Check your linear notes, Desmond had a hand in ALOT of those tunes. That notwithstanding, why do you guys always post things like "Have A Nice Day sold much more then Contraband"? Why not instead post the numbers so you can prove it?

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2006, 10:48:35 AM »

Contraband was actually certified as triple platinum in the U.S and 5 million worldwide, so it is actually ahead of HAND in terms of sales.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2006, 10:49:20 AM »

HAND has sold nearly 4,500,000 albums worldwide and has gone platinum in the USA and several other countries. The album went to number one in 15 countries, went to number two in the USA and UK. Not to mention becoming the first rock act to have a number one single on the Country music charts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: