Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 02:31:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Does it really matters if AXL is 24 or 44 or 84?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Does it really matters if AXL is 24 or 44 or 84?  (Read 7605 times)
mainline
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 06:54:54 PM »

I onestly admit that I started a similar thread on another forum just a while ago and I had some interesting reactions so I dare to do the same here just because I still wonder how many people are truely "addicted to AXL" and why....
Personally I'm "hooked" on HIM since 16yrs ago and I'm not planning to change my mind no matter what.....

I noticed already long time ago that everywhere there's still people whom keeps posting and commenting about AXL's looks,some of them compare how it use to be in the '80s/'90s and how it is 2006 and too many even dares to complain about it.....
Why all of them can't accept the simplyest but truest fact?

AXL ROSE IS ALWAYS AXL ROSE!!!!!
Long hair or dreads.....shaved or unshaved....dressed in one way or another.....with perfect voice or little out of tune.......young pretty and strong or old ugly and weak....
How much does really matter to you AXL's look or if HE is 24 or 44 or 84?

Everyone of us had change their looks once of twice in their lifetime,and surely all of us will get old and lose the beauty but? the most important thing about ourself and I mean? the truest and deepest part of our personality will never change.....
Also AXL will be the same AXL,with all HIS good and bad sides,however HE looks and HIS age...

Now all of you imagine for one second AXL as a old sick man of 84yrs without that angel's face,that hot body,that great voice.....
Would you stop being GNR's fans and stop loving/admiring AXL just because of it?

Or would you love AXL forever and beyond that for who HE really is,just another hurted,restless soul full of pain,anger and madness on a neverending quest for some innner peace?

Personally I can openly confess that the reasons why I will keep on being a "AXL's addict" and I will never stop loving HIM is not HIS undeniable beauty but all that pain,sadness,madness and anger which HE bears into HIS heart....

?

Axl's age does matter when it comes to a live show.

It doesn't when it's a matter of working from the studio.
zakas80
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 07:10:19 PM »

I onestly admit that I started a similar thread on another forum just a while ago and I had some interesting reactions so I dare to do the same here just because I still wonder how many people are truely "addicted to AXL" and why....
Personally I'm "hooked" on HIM since 16yrs ago and I'm not planning to change my mind no matter what.....

I noticed already long time ago that everywhere there's still people whom keeps posting and commenting about AXL's looks,some of them compare how it use to be in the '80s/'90s and how it is 2006 and too many even dares to complain about it.....

Long hair or dreads.....shaved or unshaved....dressed in one way or another.....with perfect voice or little out of tune.......young pretty and strong or old ugly and weak....

Everyone of us had change their looks once of twice in their lifetime,and surely all of us will get old and lose the beauty but? the most important thing about ourself and I mean? the truest and deepest part of our personality will never change.....
Also AXL will be the same AXL,with all HIS good and bad sides,however HE looks and HIS age...

Now all of you imagine for one second AXL as a old sick man of 84yrs without that angel's face,that hot body,that great voice.....
Would you stop being GNR's fans and stop loving/admiring AXL just because of it?

Or would you love AXL forever and beyond that for who HE really is,just another hurted,restless soul full of pain,anger and madness on a neverending quest for some innner peace?

Personally I can openly confess that the reasons why I will keep on being a "AXL's addict" and I will never stop loving HIM is not HIS undeniable beauty but all that pain,sadness,madness and anger which HE bears into HIS heart....

?

exactly what i was gonna say, axl on stage in his sixties, will not be a pretty site hihi

Its what used to be's not there for me
And oughta find someone that belonged insane like i do
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 08:03:27 PM »

?

exactly what i was gonna say, axl on stage in his sixties, will not be a pretty site hihi

I don't think he'll try and go that long. But you never know!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006, 09:34:46 PM »

AXL ROSE IS ALWAYS AXL ROSE!!!!!?

Okay, I agree with you there. Axl will always be Axl, no matter what. And you might not give a fuck about how he looks, but people saying that he's still as hot as ever, are exaggerating just a little bit.

I agree on that one. He looked better before. But you know what, I don't really care as long as he doesn't look like Frankestein...

And I care if he's 44 or 84 cause we won't get any record once he's 84... it's already taking him forever at his prime so one can only imagine... Tongue

Didn't I read in one post somewhere that Axl knows people don't like the braids that much and that makes him want to keep them even more?

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006, 11:41:30 PM »

well let me rephrase

I think his braids are ugly...
but what do I know?

they do look better than in 2002 when his hair was long and gay....
he needs to straighten it out to look more bad ass....no question....

this is a song about your fucking mother!
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006, 12:58:39 AM »

well let me rephrase

I think his braids are ugly...
but what do I know?

they do look better than in 2002 when his hair was long and gay....
he needs to straighten it out to look more bad ass....no question....

frankly, i don't think he needs to look like anything.  as long as he looks like himself in some form, it's still Axl Rose and that's enough for the fans

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
gg77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2006, 03:06:49 AM »

And that's why we've been waiting for the album more than 10 years now.  Wink

But yeah, he looks great these days, and his voice is back. It was awsome to see him live in May!
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2006, 03:21:47 AM »

Well to be honest, I don't think I'd go see him live if he was 84 hihi

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
gg77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2006, 03:27:32 AM »

Well to be honest, I don't think I'd go see him live if he was 84 hihi

Just imagine it... and they open for The Rolling Stones! I'd go.  hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2006, 03:28:08 AM »

of course age matters, the older you get with that attitude and looks the less seriously you're going to be taken and the less axl will be able to hit the mainstream audience... No one wants to buy millions of albums in their youth of someone their dad's age.. You're all superfans so you don't give s hit or see the reality of things
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2006, 03:50:06 AM »

?

really? and why not? what 's wrong with Tyler (59 years old) or Jagger (64 years old)?

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2006, 04:07:07 AM »

To me Axl looks better than ever. I dig his new look, the voice is back and he sounds fucking great (can't get enough of 'Nightrain' from RAM peace)

He looks really baddass, and he's really impressive onstage. He has lost weight since 2002 and came up with a great new look.

So, the Axl from 80's, 90's, 02's or now ? Well all of them 'cause he's still Axl. Simple as that.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
AXLsADDICT
Opening Act

no you dont need a doctor none can heal your soul

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2006, 04:40:38 AM »

I thought it was really nice that all of you spended some time answering my thread.....As everyone can see I'm new around here this one was the 1th topic I start on this forum.... nervous

I found the most of the replays so much interesting that I really would like to be able to write something back to each one of them....but at the same time I also noticed that nearly nobody gave me a concrete answer .....

I explained openly to everyone howI feel about AXL ROSE,what I think of HIM and why my heart wiil be belong to HEM,no matter HIS look or HIS age......
Is too much to ask to anyone to do the same next time?
 peace

...Fear not the flame of my love's candle
Let it be the sun in your world of darkness
Give unto me all that frightens you
I'll have your nightmares for you
If you sleep soundly...
gg77
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2006, 05:00:19 AM »

I thought it was really nice that all of you spended some time answering my thread.....As everyone can see I'm new around here this one was the 1th topic I start on this forum.... nervous

I found the most of the replays so much interesting that I really would like to be able to write something back to each one of them....but at the same time I also noticed that nearly nobody gave me a concrete answer .....

I explained openly to everyone howI feel about AXL ROSE,what I think of HIM and why my heart wiil be belong to HEM,no matter HIS look or HIS age......
Is too much to ask to anyone to do the same next time?
 peace

Most of us are man here, so normally we can't feel the same like you do.  Wink
Bono
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2006, 05:04:23 AM »

I don't care how old Axl is or looks. just put out the album and everything will be fine. I dont' give a shit what he looks like, though I may comment on things like the braids or what not but I don't care in the big picture. Now having said all that if Axl is in his 60's or beyond and he decides to go back to wearing those little white spandex shorts than we've got a problem rofl
madagas
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2006, 07:55:08 AM »

Hey Mike, Bob Dylan just had the number 1 album on Billboard's chart this week. He is 65.....you may want to rethink you're position a little. People with money buy albums......kids download for free. People with money go to concerts. As long as Axl can keep his core fanbase, he will be alright. He still has a LARGE core fanbase-with or without Slash. Wink?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2006, 08:45:47 AM »

Hey Mike, Bob Dylan just had the number 1 album on Billboard's chart this week. He is 65.....you may want to rethink you're position a little. People with money buy albums......kids download for free. People with money go to concerts. As long as Axl can keep his core fanbase, he will be alright. He still has a LARGE core fanbase-with or without Slash. Wink?

That same thought passed through my mind when I saw the charts Tuesday.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2006, 11:55:53 AM »

I prefer the 44 year old axl, because he looks soothed, happy, on stage or out of stage, and he communicates this pleasure to his REAL fans.
He seems much more alive now than he ever did.
I think it does matter, because youngsters identify to singers a lot.
I think it's better to identify to someone happy rather than the 80's/90's axl.

Nothing to say
Bono
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2006, 06:08:33 PM »

yeah and we'll see how long it stays at number one. it's a one week thing. It's his core fan abse and that's it. You think the 13-25 years ols were the ones scooping up Bob Dylan's new album. Of course not. Was it THE number one album or a number one album  in a  genre? there's a big difference.  It's true people with money buy albums but people with money buy albums for their kids. Tennagers are the highest consumers as far as albums go. Why do you think the bands that sell so well do so.
axlslover
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2006, 09:28:55 PM »

age has done nothing to axl except make him even better. at 44 axl is proving that he is just in his prime and doing fine ok
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: