Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 06:53:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228135 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  SEPT. 17--NOT SOLD OUT---AXL STILL NOT BIG IN USA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SEPT. 17--NOT SOLD OUT---AXL STILL NOT BIG IN USA  (Read 13199 times)
DaNutz
Headliner

Seriously fuck off

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 10:05:16 AM »

That 2nd vegas show will sell out....if anyone disagrees, I will wager $500, and we can put it in Jarmos escrow account.
(Selling out the night of, still qualifies)........This wager stands till Sep 10th.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 10:05:44 AM »

in 2002 Axl and the'new gnr' tour was basically a flop....lots of negative reviews, not sold out seats and people furious to not see slash or duff..........considering axls lukewarm response at the mtv vma's and the fact that the 2nd vegas CLUB show hasnt sold out it seems like axl is going to have a rough go of it trying to make it in the usa again....It seems the USA fans will not accept axl until he puts slash back in the band..

It's gotta just be the easist thing in the world you guys to sit back and just churn out these negative threads.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 10:18:11 AM »

I thought Axl had a great response at the MTV VMA's. He was the only one to get a standing ovation the entire night.

Sept. 17 not being sold out is no big deal; however, at least releasing a single would help. Not many people know they're still around, and some still consider them on the same level as bands like Motley Crue, Poison and Cinderella who have just recently returned for the almighty buck. GN'R as "we" know is much different than those bands, but the general public, which sells out shows, does not. It'll take time and the band knows that. These are also warm-up shows and I believe more so for the hardcore fans to get that up close and personal show before they go off and do stadiums. I see it as a thank you to those that have been waiting for so long.

a.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006, 10:31:55 AM »

i am from the usa and all my friends who used to be into GNR would rather listen to velvet revolver.....they could care less about GNR........i didnt realize how HUGE slash was....the point of this thread is AXL is no longer the megasupserstar he was in 1988 or 1992 for that matter.....thats a problem

Sure they would...because VR actually has a recent album to listen to.

As for Axl's "superstardom"...well, that's sorta subjective.? HE is still a pretty big star.? The question is: Do people want to pay to see him perform the old stuff and not have any inkling as to what the new stuff is?? Do they want to see a band who hasn't released an new studio album in a decade or more.? Clearly, in Vegas, on that particular date, the answer is: not enough people to sell out the club do.

And that, pretty much, is all you can take away from this situation.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
oneAXLinamillion
Headliner

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006, 10:33:27 AM »

why should he put slash back in the band? The only thing he has to do is release the chinese democracy album

exactly
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2006, 10:34:30 AM »

i am from the usa and all my friends who used to be into GNR would rather listen to velvet revolver.....they could care less about GNR........i didnt realize how HUGE slash was....the point of this thread is AXL is no longer the megasupserstar he was in 1988 or 1992 for that matter.....thats a problem

Sure they would...because VR actually has a recent album to listen to.

As for Axl's "superstardom"...well, that's sorta subjective.  HE is still a pretty big star.  The question is: Do people want to pay to see him perform the old stuff and not have any inkling as to what the new stuff is?  Do they want to see a band who hasn't released an new studio album in a decade or more.  Clearly, in Vegas, on that particular date, the answer is: not enough people to sell out the club do.

And that, pretty much, is all you can take away from this situation.

I'm kinda confused myself by the non-sell out. I honestly think it's got everything to do with those ticket prices coupled together with exactly what you said about what the public may or may not think of the new stuff.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006, 11:00:39 AM »

why should every show be sold out? what's the point of this topic? prick.
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006, 11:23:17 AM »

As I anderstand in US its all about publicity ?

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2006, 11:38:39 AM »

I don't think anyone really cares about seeing the new band here in the US for the most part... Everyone can go see youtube and other clips of the shows..  It may not do anything for anyone.  Hell, the place only seats like 1,400.  I saw them twice in 2002.  What is really different about these shows is what some may ask.  Just like I said a few weeks ago, selling out large markets is easy, but in Europe, everywhere is a large market.  US fans are more lazy and more demanding.  We have been fooled once already.  Give us something new to see, or stay home and work on album.  If you aren't going to give people what they want "Slash, Duff, etc," then give them new material so they will be more likely to accpet you.  Again, I saw GNR in Detroit 2002 and VR in 2005.....  There were more fans at a VR show.  Same venue, different results.  Now this may just be one example, but that is what happened.  I hope GNR has a great tour, but I am being realistic. 
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2006, 12:01:52 PM »

Axl has to do what every other musician needs to do.  He needs to get a video out, kiss up to the MTV crowd, and get that single out.  It makes sense that the US dates aren't selling because he's got to promote it.  Other than us on this board, how is anyone else supposed to know that they're performing?
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 12:34:36 PM »

i just looked for tickets for the San Diego show, the last one to this point in time, and any number of tickets can be had..

That is pretty pathetic, but Axl deserves this for not delivering an album first, what the fuck are they/he thinking??
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 12:51:20 PM »

But its still sad that American croud didnt exited by GNR comeback. Angry

SLCPUNK
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 12:59:23 PM »

The second show will probably be sold out by that night. That is what happened last time.
axlslover
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2006, 01:34:08 PM »

I dont believe it has that much to do with slash, axl doesnt need him, he needs to release the cd!
brock
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2006, 01:48:34 PM »

I dont believe it has that much to do with slash, axl doesnt need him, he needs to release the cd!
Agree 100%, what the hell they are doing out on tour without the CD being imminent is beyond anyones comprehension!
robinfinckfan
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2006, 05:31:07 PM »

There is absolutley no promotion for these tours. nothing on radio, no buzz with people, nothing at all.

if i did not look up gnr news on a computer i would know nothing. i've said this before and i'm sorry if i piss people off but as much as i love this band merck has got to do a better job of promoting axl if he wants people in the u.s to attend.
axl is on his last leg as far as the u.s goes if he does not deliver europe can have him because americans will not show up.the thing is is that were scared of going we don't know if he's gonna be there, theres no new album, tickets are WAY OVERPRICED, if you do go you get appetite shoved down your throat. i went to hammerstein and i live 1,300 miles away and i got 3 new tracks and only better that i never heard live. i love this band and would go to vegas if i didn't spend a shitload to fly to NYC. but you gotta understand that yea, axl is big but he's not gonna sell out arenas on his name alone in the u.s.

Right now this american tour is destined for failure
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2006, 06:33:28 PM »

the dude sold out stadiums on the metallica/faith no more tour....thats 70,000 seats in the US...if he cant sell out a small club trouble is in the air
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2006, 06:44:57 PM »

It ll be tough for Axl to sell out in the US because there is NO ALBUM.  and this country is so inlove with the original band, they cant see past it.  some of us can, i love the new band, but for GNR to be big time in the US they need new material to promote.  MEtallica sells out bc they always have had new material wether is was good or bad, they always kept their fans.  GNR has fans, but like AXL they disappeared, and when AXL re appeared he wasnt recognized

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2006, 09:03:27 PM »

jay payton = slash TROLL  Shocked

go enjoy that shitty band vr and leave us alone.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2006, 10:01:19 PM »

Axl has to get the album out within the first few weeks of the US tour starting. Even if it means just releasing it out of nowhere. I've said this for years: Another US tour will fail without an album. Hell, they arent even selling out arco. That is an easy arena to sell out. Its small. If one of those club shows doesnt even sell out then there is an even bigger sense of urgency. If the album isnt ready for release within the next few weeks, GNR should have toured Asia or South America before coming here. Or just extended the Euro tour until CD is ready.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: