Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:00:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  SEPT. 17--NOT SOLD OUT---AXL STILL NOT BIG IN USA
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SEPT. 17--NOT SOLD OUT---AXL STILL NOT BIG IN USA  (Read 13122 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2006, 11:58:49 PM »

Guns n Roses is now the Lamest Band in the world.  In the past two weeks I have wittnessed a sold out Hootie and Blowfish tour and a Counting Crows tour and Axl can't even sell out a fucking club that seats 1,400 people.  Jesus.  Fuck this.  Axl's team needs a head coach, and right now they don't have one.  Just a Terrell Owens.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2006, 12:21:19 AM »

Axl's team needs a head coach, and right now they don't have one.  Just a Terrell Owens.
Good analogy. beer I wouldnt go so far as to say they are the lamest band in the world, but they are definitely drifting in that direction. Axl has to get this album out. If not an album, then an official leak of several polished studio songs, and one of those songs being good enough to get top 40 radio play. That MIGHT create enough of a buzz to sustain the tour until CD is ready.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2006, 01:02:12 AM »

Axl has to get the album out within the first few weeks of the US tour starting. Even if it means just releasing it out of nowhere. I've said this for years: Another US tour will fail without an album. Hell, they arent even selling out arco. That is an easy arena to sell out. Its small. If one of those club shows doesnt even sell out then there is an even bigger sense of urgency. If the album isnt ready for release within the next few weeks, GNR should have toured Asia or South America before coming here. Or just extended the Euro tour until CD is ready.

is there any kind of local promotion going on about the shows in your area?   I think thats where the biggest problem is right now is they dont seem to be promoting this at all.  Undecided
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2006, 03:28:44 AM »

Good point, Jim. There is ZERO promotion here. Not for ANY of the shows in my area. I dont really understand this strategy GNR is using. But when you think about it, without CD what is there to promote? AFD? nervous The ticket prices are too high for it to be a nostalgia tour. So promotion might not even cause sellouts. GNR either needs to release this album SOON, or lower these ticket prices and just promote it as a nostalgia tour and see what happens. If Arco doesnt sell out, the tour is in big trouble. Arco is an easy sellout.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2006, 03:33:03 AM »

I'm suprised how are all the usa tour dates doing regardless if they're warm ups..?

I do believe axl will have to prove himself a bit more in the usa then europe..
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2006, 03:38:38 AM »

No doubt. The two of us have been saying it for years: People here arent interested in AFD rehash. Everyone is gonna find that out when this tour is underway and there's no CD. I cant believe they are pulling the same stunt as in 2002. Its not gonna work. CD has to be released in a matter of weeks. I cant even imagine what will happen if none of these CA shows sell out. We just all have to get on our knees and hope the GNR camp realizes the ramifications of doing this again without an album.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2006, 05:09:17 AM »

i think if they got the word out that GNR was playin, people would go, album or not.  Especially in a place like California where there hasn't been a GNR show since the illusion tour.   Its like put up some billboards or put some ads on the radio, in the local newspapers, somewhere!    rofl

i think its safe to say these first 8 or 9 shows there wont be an album.. maybe thats the reason for the few weeks off until the 'real' tour starts on the 24th  Huh
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2006, 05:19:34 AM »

When the first leg of the UYI tour happened, there was GNR ads all over the place. Even the Modesto Bee talked about it. Now, there's nothing. Jim, CD plays a factor in this more than people like to admit. The album has been hyped for years. Mention GNR to anyone, and they always ask 'what happened with that album they were gonna do". When they find out its still not out, then any excitement they had for possibly going has faded. Sure, the world loves AFD, but enough to pay $40-$70 bucks to hear it again? nervous Axl is taking a HUGE gamble by doing this tour before it comes out. He might get away with it during this "warm up tour", but the album has to be out when that real tour takes place. If not, even the most optimistic fans will start to question why he even started to tour in the first place.

Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2006, 05:31:41 AM »

When the first leg of the UYI tour happened, there was GNR ads all over the place. Even the Modesto Bee talked about it. Now, there's nothing. Jim, CD plays a factor in this more than people like to admit. The album has been hyped for years. Mention GNR to anyone, and they always ask 'what happened with that album they were gonna do". When they find out its still not out, then any excitement they had for possibly going has faded. Sure, the world loves AFD, but enough to pay $40-$70 bucks to hear it again? nervous Axl is taking a HUGE gamble by doing this tour before it comes out. He might get away with it during this "warm up tour", but the album has to be out when that real tour takes place. If not, even the most optimistic fans will start to question why he even started to tour in the first place.

That right there is the key paragraph. Sure, you can tour again with 80% AFD material, but then you'd be doing what Motley Cure, the Rolling Stones and countless other "vintage" bands are doing (minus your original line up) and would it be successful? Well, yeah, to a certain degree, but the people spoke back in 2002, and that tour was far from successful. The loyal and the curious will go see Axl and the new GN'R perform old stuff, but then you also have to scale it down and market it in that same fashion. You cannot tour and promote a new band and a new album when people have no point of reference when it comes to your new material/band.
As a fan, sure, I'd go see them now even if they only played AFD songs, but only once. I wouldn't want to see the same greatest hits show on every tour.

Either do a tour and promote it as a "classic songs" tour and show rock bands of today how it used to be done, or wait for CD to blow up the charts and then show rock bands how it's done today.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2006, 06:30:57 AM »

Great points. I'm surprised we are agreeing on something. hihi I feel the same way. I bought tickets to see them in Arco Arena. Now, if I knew it wasn't an AFD tour and CD would get showcased, I would be going to quite a few of these CA shows. But I know it will probably be that same Euro setlist, and I'm not watching that more than once. A couple months ago, I considered not going to ANY shows because of the rehash, but I would like to support the band, and since I havent seen GNR since 1991, I'm gonna go.

Yeah, if its a nostalgia tour, definitely scale it down to a club tour. This band doesnt have the clout/respect that the Stones have, so they cant just do a major tour with nothing. If CD hadnt been hyped for years, then maybe AFD tour would sell here. But its not going to. Like I said, when people see GNR tickets for sale, then find out that album STILL isnt out, they are more likely to laugh than purchase a ticket.

noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2006, 06:57:56 AM »

"...This band doesnt have the clout/respect that the Stones have, so they cant just do a major tour with nothing."

The Stones are touring on a relatively new album, Bigger Bang (LOL) I know weird...what's the general ticket prices anyway? I would have had more of an interest in club venues though, so whoever suggested nostalgia tour=club venues, I agree. I also liked someone's idea that he should have extended the Euro Tour until CD was out before going to US...I don't think Slash has a thing to do with it...that's just some USA generalization thingie...but yeah, the die hards shouldn't be worried about sell out or not sell out...just go and enjoy your show...Buckethead's coming to town this month and I'm looking forward to that
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2006, 07:38:09 AM »

I am all for a club tour.   Thats why I picked the vegas shows.   Cool
robinfinckfan
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2006, 07:49:43 AM »

Club shows would be awesome if that's the direction they wanna go.  CD must come out and make it big you kow, have a big bill that will draw a large audience. do it right put GnR with good company. Don't always make it about axl. get the members in the press radio shows, magazines etc..etc..
Poof!
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2006, 07:31:10 PM »

Great points. I'm surprised we are agreeing on something. hihi I feel the same way. I bought tickets to see them in Arco Arena. Now, if I knew it wasn't an AFD tour and CD would get showcased, I would be going to quite a few of these CA shows. But I know it will probably be that same Euro setlist, and I'm not watching that more than once. A couple months ago, I considered not going to ANY shows because of the rehash, but I would like to support the band, and since I havent seen GNR since 1991, I'm gonna go.

Yeah, if its a nostalgia tour, definitely scale it down to a club tour. This band doesnt have the clout/respect that the Stones have, so they cant just do a major tour with nothing. If CD hadnt been hyped for years, then maybe AFD tour would sell here. But its not going to. Like I said, when people see GNR tickets for sale, then find out that album STILL isnt out, they are more likely to laugh than purchase a ticket.

Well, essentially, we are all fans and we will have some common ground no matter what. I also think that a new album and a tour with new songs is what we all want, and like we both pointed out, once is enough, even for hardcore fans as ourselves. We've heard these songs for almost 20 years now, the new band is about a new era and CD, that's what they've been working on for so long now, don't take them out on the road and introduce them over and over again through old material, instead show people what they can do and have done in tems of writing songs and performing them. I mean, Better, T.W.A.T (although in need of some arranging), The Blues, Madagascar, CD etc. would be show highlights if more than only the hardcore fans knew of them. So, for a multitude of reasons, the next tour needs to be in support of CD - on that, we definitely agree 100%.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2006, 09:06:14 AM »

why should every show be sold out? what's the point of this topic? prick.

The place hold 1,500 people.. It should be sold out. For a band bearing the name Guns N' Roses.. That is a disgrace.. That being said, I am sure it will sell out.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2006, 09:15:32 AM »

CD is the key.  It will bring alot of old fan interest back in the band, and bring in a ton of new fan interest. 

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2006, 09:21:05 AM »

I just don't get why it's harder for USA to accept GN'R, here in Europe it seems much easier Huh

Because we europeans are more open minded than most of US people.

No. We enjoy nostalgia acts  ok

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Mustapha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2006, 09:31:34 AM »

Slash will return one day to GN'R, because that's how life works, we tend to return to where we came from. But that day is far away, so don't put your hopes high. Axl has now finally found 3 great guitarists for this band and that's what we are going to see for the next years.

But yes, Axl needs to release the damn album if he wants to go big again in USA.
Jbat81
Rocker

NY FOOTBALL GIANTS

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2006, 11:31:12 PM »

Guns n Roses is now the Lamest Band in the world.? In the past two weeks I have wittnessed a sold out Hootie and Blowfish tour and a Counting Crows tour and Axl can't even sell out a fucking club that seats 1,400 people.? Jesus.? Fuck this.? Axl's team needs a head coach, and right now they don't have one.? Just a Terrell Owens.
I agree in some way. I think is crazy for him to be touring arenas. He should do smaller veneus...lets just hope for the "best".. Maybe the reason the 2nd night is not sold out its becuz of the prize..$150?Huh?? Hootie and the blowfish and whoever else are selling shows out prob cuz the ticket prize is much cheaper..
Jbat

5-14-06 NY
5-15-06 NY
11-08-06 MA
11-17-11 NJ
11-19-11 CT
11-25-11 MA
12-30-11 NV
12-31-11 NV
2-10-12 NY
2-12-12 NY
2-15-12 NY
4-8-16 NV
4-9-16 NV
7-19-16 MA
7-20-16 MA
bad obsession 4GNR
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2006, 12:43:42 AM »

the 17th probally wont sell out but the 16th has already sold out its. its probally beacause of the high ticket prices.? Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: