Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 04:05:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228111 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  SEPT. 17--NOT SOLD OUT---AXL STILL NOT BIG IN USA
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SEPT. 17--NOT SOLD OUT---AXL STILL NOT BIG IN USA  (Read 13123 times)
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: September 07, 2006, 09:09:30 AM »

in 2002 Axl and the'new gnr' tour was basically a flop....lots of negative reviews, not sold out seats and people furious to not see slash or duff..........considering axls lukewarm response at the mtv vma's and the fact that the 2nd vegas CLUB show hasnt sold out it seems like axl is going to have a rough go of it trying to make it in the usa again....It seems the USA fans will not accept axl until he puts slash back in the band..
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 09:16:55 AM »

why should he put slash back in the band? The only thing he has to do is release the chinese democracy album

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 09:19:06 AM »

I dont think Axl is big in japan at this point... Tongue

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 09:19:38 AM »

it seems the USA fans will not accept axl until he puts slash back in the band..

this is YOUR speculation and YOUR hope...

USA fans are simply waiting to discover what is "new GNR" and, above all, what Axl will do this time.

Slash is PAST. period. and YOU must understand this point.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Origen
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 09:20:06 AM »

Slash doesn't want to be in this band, he has his own stuff going on.

what was the point in the thread? that the warm up shows havn't all sold out? we knew this since it's on the frontpage.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 09:27:17 AM by Origen » Logged
Origen
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 09:21:05 AM »

USA fans are simply waiting to discover what is "new GNR" and, above all, what Axl will do this time.

If that was the case then the show would be sold out.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 09:24:36 AM »

why should he put slash back in the band? The only thing he has to do is release the chinese democracy album

I don't think he cares about what the people want. He said it during the Trunk's interview. He knows people will criticize who's playing what and who should doing it instead. I just don't get why it's harder for USA to accept GN'R, here in Europe it seems much easier Huh

Once the album is released I guess it's going to be different.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 09:28:54 AM »

It seems the USA fans will not accept axl until he puts slash back in the band..
Slash hasn't been in the band for over a decade, so unless you're a TROLL trying to start up shit, US fans accepting Axl has ZERO to do with Slash. ?Roll Eyes ? ?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 09:30:22 AM »

i am from the usa and all my friends who used to be into GNR would rather listen to velvet revolver.....they could care less about GNR........i didnt realize how HUGE slash was....the point of this thread is AXL is no longer the megasupserstar he was in 1988 or 1992 for that matter.....thats a problem
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 09:32:59 AM »

I just don't get why it's harder for USA to accept GN'R, here in Europe it seems much easier Huh

Because we europeans are more open minded than most of US people.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 09:36:56 AM »

Honestly, if you're a die hard fan why would you really care how many people at the concert? I seen them twice in 2002-I hope for all the success in the world for Axl, I hope concert figures dont bum him out, but there are still a lot of GNR fans here-Van Halen w sammy drew about the same figures in my area-anyway, like Duff once said, some of my favorite bands only sold 5,000 records-I could care less if people dont like new GNR

libertad
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 09:37:14 AM »

the people on this board notwithstanding i think AXL is no longer the huge superstar...he really fucked his image up by taking 12 years off......i think usa fans think of him as a recluse who went crazy...........if axl likes a challenege then winning over the USA again will be his biggest challenge since appetite first came out.......
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 09:43:45 AM »

you are answering it to yourself..
axl now is not axl 92...
he wont sold out shows without promo, solding out  shows if this mini tour... is more than great

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 09:45:09 AM »

In other words, the 9 of all other shows are sold out.....only a few tix for a nite at the smallest venue are left for whatever reasons and soon to be gone.
Geez. Big deal.
Mr Bootlegs
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 09:45:38 AM »

As much as i hate the new 'Guns N' Roses' this is a pointless thread. Lock
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 09:49:50 AM »

Its not sold out because there is still no single out and not album release date.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 09:52:11 AM »

I know only one thing: here in Germany GNR is going to be recognized by the voice in the first place. Even if R. Kelly would play drums and Eminem would play guitar, people would be into GNR - of course if the music is good yes.
Back in 2001 - after Rock in Rio - I watched the concert with a friend of mine who is listening to GNR now and then. The first sentence was: "Axl has changed", then "where is Slash" and then "But the new stuff kicks ass!"

When you look at some other bands where musicians have left and where the singer has left. It was always a difference who has left. Of course Slash, Duff and Izzy were and are great, but they are doing their own stuff. Besides that VR would be much better if the would have someone else on the mic Lips Sealed (sorry for that!)

Does it really make a difference if Slash is playing a solo or Robin or Richard or Ron. If it sounds amazing, it doesn't matter at all. I don't see a reason to start bitching around if a show is not sold out yet. We have some days left.
AXL STILL NOT BIG IN USA, damn, then tell me one frontman of a rock band who is big in USA, is it Nickelback's singer hihi, I don't think so.

We should not make mountains out of molehills. Some seats may be empty at a show, who cares? I prefer being at a concert with 80% filled and a good show than watching S. Weiland dancing on the stage like he has got to go to the toilet but doesn't know how to get there.

And now you can all critisize me.... hihi
sandman
Legend

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 09:54:16 AM »

in 2002 Axl and the'new gnr' tour was basically a flop....lots of negative reviews, not sold out seats and people furious to not see slash or duff..........considering axls lukewarm response at the mtv vma's and the fact that the 2nd vegas CLUB show hasnt sold out it seems like axl is going to have a rough go of it trying to make it in the usa again....It seems the USA fans will not accept axl until he puts slash back in the band..

i disagree with your conclusion. i went to four venues in 2002 (vegas, chicago, NY and philly). don't remember if vegas was a sell-out, but the other three were. and they were all in big venues (15,000-20,000).

and that was with basically no promotion. and no mention of an album.

with a song on the radio, an album to be released, and other promotion, axl can do very well in the USA. ?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 09:58:48 AM »

Then why dont you go away?
wes
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 10:03:53 AM »

the people on this board notwithstanding i think AXL is no longer the huge superstar...he really fucked his image up by taking 12 years off......i think usa fans think of him as a recluse who went crazy...........if axl likes a challenege then winning over the USA again will be his biggest challenge since appetite first came out.......
First i would just like to say you and your friends are rejects.

Secondly, Axl does not need slash to make good music, or sell-out arenas. neither does slash (too sell out arenas)Why new GNR isnt as big as the old.. or as big as falloutboy is Because they havent released a fucking album yet. if they did you wouldnt be trolling around the forums so that sucks for us.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: