Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:14:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How has Axl managed to stop(slow) the leaks so much?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How has Axl managed to stop(slow) the leaks so much?  (Read 8648 times)
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2006, 03:19:06 PM »

The leaks were not intentional.

Once they were leaked Axl most likely just decided to play those tracks as a treat for us hardcore fans that had already heard them anyway. Axl knows how long people have waited.
ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2006, 03:22:39 PM »

Once they were leaked Axl most likely just decided to play those tracks as a treat for us hardcore fans that had already heard them anyway. Axl knows how long people have waited.

you just said "treat".  haha

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2006, 03:29:53 PM »

you just said "treat".? haha

ohh fuck, i am dead...

inside joke, these people won't get it. hihi
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2006, 03:31:22 PM »

They leaked from someone who was auditioning for the spot that Bumblefoot got.

I never thought of that. Is that part fact? That sure would make some sense.

Hence the instrumentals, make sense. What about CITR?
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2006, 03:38:37 PM »

Your a few months with this, and I believe the leaks were intentional so.....

I do too.  I find it hard to believe that Axl would not have made sure his music was under lock and key. 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2006, 03:40:43 PM »

if it was me in that position, I'd download the leeks myself to see what versions people were talking about.... Tongue
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2006, 05:11:51 PM »

^^^but pilfrek, you don't really 'know' who leaked the songs....

perhaps the person 'on our side' was someone in management, trying to fool you into thinking that this was a big illegal undercover operation

the whole point of a leak is to try and create this kind of hype.

now, answer this, why did the 3 original leaks (irs, twat, better) become part of the new setlist?? and, why didn't CITR (which was obviously leaked from another source - and this likely an 'unofficial' leak) end up on the setlist???

all of the cards point to this being an offical 'leak'

I don't know who the original source of the tracks was, no.
I remember the leaks started with a simple post by a guy called Wes on MyGnRForum:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=61733

I'm certain there was no mention of these leaks before this on any forum.
It was his first post and he just said he's had IRS, Better and There Was A Time demos. He didn't seem to realise the significance of it, it was casual. Nobody believed him, I posted on page 2 calling it bullshit but the next day, I think, IRS leaked.

You guys probably know about him already but what is interesting is that he said he's had them since November 2004. Why would he have them if management leaked them. Has it ever been proved who this Wes guy is?

Incidentally, everyone's reaction, including mine is so funny in hindsight.

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2006, 06:25:04 PM »

argh,

i was on mygnrforum when irs leaked.  but actually, it has already leaked nearly a year before on the trunk show

and no, no one knows who wes is.  he still comes around occasionally though.  wes is also here on htgth (he started a thread this morning in reference to better, with a link to the first released clip, which some nazi promptly deleted)

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
kingaxl
Banned
Rocker

im no prophet but i can tell you somethin!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2006, 06:27:25 PM »

Maybe only people he really trusts have any access to the music? I'd imagine that only Axl has access though.
amen!!

she took my sperm without my permission!!!
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2006, 06:34:48 PM »

Here's my theory du jour:

The tracks that leaked leaked BECAUSE of the tour, but not directly from the band.

It's no secret they were looking for another guitar player.? My suspicion (wholly unfounded and speculative) is that those tracks (IRS, Better, TWAT...Catcher, I think came from somewhere completely different) were shared with prospective guitar players so they could "audition" them for Axl, Tommy, the band, or whoever was making the decisions.? Somebody was either careless with the tracks, "lent" them to the wrong person, OR decided to release them anonymously themselves.?

Again, that's my wholly unfounded, speculative, bullshit theory....

Every single word of your theory makes sense.

How long have you been playing the guitar?? Kiss

Kidding...
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2006, 07:06:31 PM »

Seriously I wonder how he's managed this. Especially when you consider U2 has already had a bunch of songs leak for thier new album. Mind you the quality isn't great but still. U2 is like the biggest band in the world and even they can't stop leaks and they've only been recording for a few months. So I ask you how in the world did Axl manage to keep this under wraps for so long?  It's a bit odd. Huh

Wow, there are leaks of U2 New Album already ?

Not exactly.  Someone was outside the building where they were recording/playing back some working demos and recorded it.  Along with the sound of the wind and waves crashing.  Not exactly a leak.  More of an "audience recording."
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2006, 07:09:54 PM »

argh,

i was on mygnrforum when irs leaked.? but actually, it has already leaked nearly a year before on the trunk show

and no, no one knows who wes is.? he still comes around occasionally though.? wes is also here on htgth (he started a thread this morning in reference to better, with a link to the first released clip, which some nazi promptly deleted)

Yes but a different recorded version. It isn't like the second IRS is the same recorded as the first, just cleaned up. It's clearly a different recording, right? Plus he said he has Better and TWAT also, also since November 2004.

nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2006, 07:13:59 PM »

argh,

i was on mygnrforum when irs leaked.  but actually, it has already leaked nearly a year before on the trunk show

and no, no one knows who wes is.  he still comes around occasionally though.  wes is also here on htgth (he started a thread this morning in reference to better, with a link to the first released clip, which some nazi promptly deleted)

Yes but a different recorded version. It isn't like the second IRS is the same recorded as the first, just cleaned up. It's clearly a different recording, right? Plus he said he has Better and TWAT also, also since November 2004.

No, the IRS played on trunk is the same recording we have now.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »

I think its strange that some people think "How could you NOT think they leaked it?"

Because im on the WAY other side. I keep thinking "How could people actually believe they leaked it?"

So.. I guess we all have our opinions.

Im gonna go with pilferk on this one...

gnrevolution.com
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2006, 11:31:22 PM »

Rolling stone 2000

Imagine Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti remixed by Beck and Trent Reznor, and you'll have some sense of Axl's new sound.

I'll be off topic for just a second here. Physical Graffiti remixed by Beck and Reznor!  drool I know this is really old and has been discussed a billion times, but does this not sound like the greatest rock album of all time?! The writer of the interview must have absolutely loved this album. I can think of no greater compliment than being compared to Zeppelin's masterpiece touched up by Beck and Trent Reznor.

Back on topic, pilferk's theory sounds about right. I never really thought about it being a prospective guitar player before but it makes sense to me. Catcher in the Rye is still a bit of a mystery as it sounds like it was taken from a cassette. Anyway, the leaks are great, however we got them and the mystery of it all sure is fun.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
Bono
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2006, 04:25:48 AM »

Wow, there are leaks of U2 New Album already ?

Not exactly.? Someone was outside the building where they were recording/playing back some working demos and recorded it.? Along with the sound of the wind and waves crashing.? Not exactly a leak.? More of an "audience recording."

Exactly right. they've been dubbed "the Beach Clips" They're full songs though and you can easily hear bono's lyrics and melody. They're oddly lacking in drums though.  They're there but not very much.

Anyways I'm a beliver that the leaks were done on purpose. It just seems way too convenient that Axl said we'd hear music this year and then surprise, surprise 4 new songs emerged right as a tour is being announced. Perfect timeing if there ever was one. We already knew the Blues, Madagascar and CD so? no point in leaking those. Most of us agree that this tour seems to be alot more organized and properly done as compared to 2002 so having? 4 more songs out there that we could get familiar with was by no means a bad thing for the band. Plus with those rare Hammerstien shows it makes sense to play songs the crowd is familiar with rather than introduce a bunch of new material. Anyways just my take on it. But for those who say Axl simply keeps the songs in a? safe place to me that's a bit nieve. If Axl has a safe place don't ya think all artists would have a safe place?? I personally think this album is further away from being done than we think and in my opinion it's gonna be a real push to get it out before the end of the year. Say we have no single before the tour starts up again than what?? no leaks, no single.... can't be a good thing.

As for CITR being leaked, well that was really weird.? ? ?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 04:30:54 AM by Bono » Logged
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2006, 07:32:31 AM »

They leaked from someone who was auditioning for the spot that Bumblefoot got.

I never thought of that. Is that part fact? That sure would make some sense.

No, that's why I called it a theory.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2006, 07:41:49 AM »

I remember the leaks started with a simple post by a guy called Wes on MyGnRForum:

It was his first post and he just said he's had IRS, Better and There Was A Time demos. He didn't seem to realise the significance of it, it was casual. Nobody believed him, I posted on page 2 calling it bullshit but the next day, I think, IRS leaked.

You guys probably know about him already but what is interesting is that he said he's had them since November 2004. Why would he have them if management leaked them. Has it ever been proved who this Wes guy is?

I should have been a bit clearer in my response.

I know Wes and Saint Saiya were, pretty much, the "sources" for the original material, in that they were the ones who initially brought it to the net.? What I meant when I said "I don't know who the original source of the materisl is" is that I don't think Wes and the Saint were the ORIGINAL source.? Someone(s) got the tracks and eventually they got to those 2 people.? Add to that fact I don't know Wes or the Saint, personally.? But I do find the "original strip club" story that Wes has told a bit....well....lets just say I don't believe it and think Wes is covering for someone.

Catcher is an animal of a different color.? It did NOT come from the same source at IRS, Better, and TWAT.? It's the enigma, of all the leaks, for me.

It's been confirmed that the IRS version we have is the same as the one Trunk played.? If you listen the the "crappy" version of IRS (with radio static, etc) that leaked about 6 months (maybe a year) prior to the "clean" version leaking, you can tell they're the same version, too.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 07:43:59 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2006, 07:43:34 AM »

Every single word of your theory makes sense.

How long have you been playing the guitar?? Kiss

Kidding...

LOL.

Incidentally, I've been playing for roughly 20 years now.  Smiley

But I'm nowhere NEAR good enough (anymore, especially) to audition for the local garage band, never mind GnR.  I used to play regularly, but now, with the 2 kids (with a third on the way), well...now I fiddle.

Together again,
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2006, 08:44:35 AM »

I should have been a bit clearer in my response.

I know Wes and Saint Saiya were, pretty much, the "sources" for the original material, in that they were the ones who initially brought it to the net.? What I meant when I said "I don't know who the original source of the materisl is" is that I don't think Wes and the Saint were the ORIGINAL source.? Someone(s) got the tracks and eventually they got to those 2 people.? Add to that fact I don't know Wes or the Saint, personally.? But I do find the "original strip club" story that Wes has told a bit....well....lets just say I don't believe it and think Wes is covering for someone.

Catcher is an animal of a different color.? It did NOT come from the same source at IRS, Better, and TWAT.? It's the enigma, of all the leaks, for me.

It's been confirmed that the IRS version we have is the same as the one Trunk played.? If you listen the the "crappy" version of IRS (with radio static, etc) that leaked about 6 months (maybe a year) prior to the "clean" version leaking, you can tell they're the same version, too.

That has been my guess on the sourcing. You can tell by one listen to all of the tracks that at least CITR is from a completely different source.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: