Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:24:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How has Axl managed to stop(slow) the leaks so much?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How has Axl managed to stop(slow) the leaks so much?  (Read 8651 times)
Bono
« on: September 07, 2006, 04:24:41 AM »

Seriously I wonder how he's managed this. Especially when you consider U2 has already had a bunch of songs leak for thier new album. Mind you the quality isn't great but still. U2 is like the biggest band in the world and even they can't stop leaks and they've only been recording for a few months. So I ask you how in the world did Axl manage to keep this under wraps for so long?  It's a bit odd. Huh
Bono
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 04:40:16 AM »

Alright I'll say what everyone is thinking but is affraid to say. Is it possible that was nothing even recorded untill 2006 or late 2005? Why did The Blues or Madagascar never leak? The new songs leaked this year and sudenly the album is coming out. It could be possible that the album never really existed untill this year.  At least not in the form of having anything concrete actually recorded. Maybe The Blues and Madagscar were never actually recorded. Just a  thought. Huh
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 05:07:18 AM »

Maybe only people he really trusts have any access to the music? I'd imagine that only Axl has access though.

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 05:23:58 AM »

Since we've seen 3 or 4 versions of the same leaked tracks, it may, and I mean MAY have been intentional.

It's all just speculation after all. The GnR camp may have actually intended for these tracks to get leaked. Then again, it may have been a simple case of shit luck that the same few songs, with different recordings, were released on the net.

That is, of course, excluding that whole checkmate thing, which we won't even talk about. Please, I beg of you, lets just forget that song ever existed.

To this day I still can't play chess. Not like it was on my to-do list, but regardless.

I think the leaks were orchestrated, as a feeler for the upcoming tour (decide which songs to play live by fan reaction) and CD release (decide what songs are put on the first album)

Then again, it could have been a case of pure coincidence.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
speak_truth
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 05:37:55 AM »

Many artists that i have spoke to have told me that they leaked their songs. Why? mainly cause they feel if anyone is going to leak them it should be them. I know it doesn't make sense but that is what was told to me many times.
Origen
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 05:38:13 AM »

Your a few months with this, and I believe the leaks were intentional so.....
badapple81
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 05:38:35 AM »

For me it would cannot be a coincidence that Axl suddenly appears in public, names Better in an interview at the Korn party when days later the tracks incuding Better are leaked, then more public appearances followed by a tour featuring these songs..
Death Cube K
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 05:43:03 AM »

Alright I'll say what everyone is thinking but is affraid to say. Is it possible that was nothing even recorded untill 2006 or late 2005? Why did The Blues or Madagascar never leak? The new songs leaked this year and sudenly the album is coming out. It could be possible that the album never really existed untill this year.  At least not in the form of having anything concrete actually recorded. Maybe The Blues and Madagscar were never actually recorded. Just a  thought.

The 2002 Boston radio promo had soundboard recordings of Maddy, Blues and CD.
Bono
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 05:57:33 AM »

Live though right? Not actual studio leaks.
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 06:04:02 AM »

I'm pretty sure they sounded like Studio clips.

www.robinfinck.com
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 06:04:13 AM »

Live though right? Not actual studio leaks.

Sounded more like studio tracks IMO.

Ron says that he heard the songs on a laptop only once to learn the songs for the tour,you can see that is like a
''top secret project''.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 06:06:28 AM by KIKO2K6 » Logged

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 06:10:53 AM »

definitely studio tracks.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 06:24:58 AM »

I had no idea there were people that thought that Boston promo was soundboard clips.You can tell by that CD intro that its studio.

Bono, theres' no way these demos are from 2005-2006. Impossible. BH is on them, so its definitely 2000-2004, most likely being 1999-2001. Oldest being CITR of course. How on earth more hasnt leaked, I have no idea. Axl must do much of the recording at his house. I guess its always possible that a bandmember with a few old recordings decided to leak those. nervous

blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 06:36:05 AM »

Chinese Democracy sounded fucking great on that promo... A shame it didn't last longer  drool

www.robinfinck.com
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 06:43:03 AM »

Chinese Democracy sounded fucking great on that promo... A shame it didn't last longer? drool

the 3 extracts (chinese democracy, madagascar and the blues) sound huge...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 06:59:48 AM »

Is it possible that was nothing even recorded untill 2006 or late 2005?

No.

Proof: Oh My God and the Sweet Child O' Mine in the Big Daddy movie were released in 1999. So they've recorded before that. There's even articles that mention producers working with the band and so on.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 07:11:52 AM »

Bono, theres' no way these demos are from 2005-2006. Impossible. BH is on them, so its definitely 2000-2004, most likely being 1999-2001. Oldest being CITR of course. How on earth more hasnt leaked, I have no idea. Axl must do much of the recording at his house. I guess its always possible that a bandmember with a few old recordings decided to leak those. nervous

I have nothing to back it up, but somehow I kind of think Better is a 2003 demo. Some parts might've existed even back in '97 for all we know, but it kind of strikes as more 'modern'. It's quite funny Axl has mentioned The Blues, IRS, TWAT and CITR back in 2000 and Maddy was made known in a roundabout way back in '99. But never a word on Better. Considering how strong a track it is, I find it a bit funny.

As far as the band member leaks go, I'd say that would be plausible, but only with instrumental tracks. When Finck left in '99, he publicly stated that no vox had been recorded. But Axl had laid down his vocal tracks, he just kept them so safe even the band members probably didn't hear them. He likely recorded them in his home studio, a sealed enviroment, to prevent leaks. Without his voice, it would be hard to prove leaked tracks to be GNR material.

Is it possible that was nothing even recorded untill 2006 or late 2005? Why did The Blues or Madagascar never leak? The new songs leaked this year and sudenly the album is coming out. It could be possible that the album never really existed untill this year.? At least not in the form of having anything concrete actually recorded. Maybe The Blues and Madagscar were never actually recorded.

It's been rumored quite a bit that Axl, after recording extensively with Sean Beavan, and later with Roy Thomas Baker, re-recorded most of the material working as the head producer, from 2003 onwards.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 07:19:06 AM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
anythinggoes
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 07:13:16 AM »

Alright I'll say what everyone is thinking but is affraid to say. Is it possible that was nothing even recorded untill 2006 or late 2005? Why did The Blues or Madagascar never leak? The new songs leaked this year and sudenly the album is coming out. It could be possible that the album never really existed untill this year.? At least not in the form of having anything concrete actually recorded. Maybe The Blues and Madagscar were never actually recorded. Just a? thought. Huh

Rolling stone 2000

Imagine Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti remixed by Beck and Trent Reznor, and you'll have some sense of Axl's new sound.

Song after song combines the edgy hard rock force and pop smarts of vintage Guns N Roses with surprisingly modern and ambitious music textures. In addition to the album's almost grungy title track, tentative song titles include ''Catcher in the Rye,'' ''I.R.S,'' ''The Blues'' and ''TWAT,'' which he says stands for ''there was a time.''

Another song, called ''Oklahoma'' - heard tonight only as an instrumental - was inspired by a court date with ex-wife Erin Everly. ''I was sitting in my litigation with my ex-wife, and it was the day after the bombing,'' Rose remembers with a wince. ''We had a break, and I'm sitting with my attorneys with a sort of smile on my face, more like a nervous thing - it was like, 'Forgive me, people, I'm having trouble taking this seriously.' It's just ironic that we're sitting there and this person is spewing all kinds of things and 168 people just got killed. And this person I'm sitting there with, she don't care. Obliterating me is their goal.''
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 08:20:25 AM »

Your a few months with this, and I believe the leaks were intentional so.....

I think that too. Some kind of viral marketing. Suddenly they were available, then they disapeared from the net. And now they're played during shows.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 08:37:39 AM »

Axl has managed to stop the leaks so much by not leaking them any more.  ok
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: