Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 08:44:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228480 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Possible Chinese Democracy cover
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible Chinese Democracy cover  (Read 13920 times)
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2006, 03:29:17 AM »

I'm pretty certain that won't be the cover
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2006, 03:59:23 AM »

I hope it's not the official cover art - that's not very beautifull...
I think they should quit the black n' red and put more colours on the cover art. Put some blue, some white or some yellow.... make the cover art be a beautifull thing for the eyes (the Illusion Lp's are beautifull, especially Use 2).
black n' red with big fonts is too much associated with... you know... all those kind of "metal" cover arts and "metal" albums, it's ugly. It doesn't work for GN'R.
Put colours, put some life in the cover art. Robin can do it what do you think? his website is beautifull. Very well designed? Cool
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 05:36:33 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Gordi
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2006, 05:50:54 AM »

You know i had that (rumoured) original cover photo once. It was black and white... it actually wasn't a bad cover... anybody here have it?
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2006, 06:37:28 AM »

You know i had that (rumoured) original cover photo once. It was black and white... it actually wasn't a bad cover... anybody here have it?

You had the concept version? Not the one Axl showed on the screen?

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
sic.
id est
VIP

i wrote don't cry

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2006, 06:44:15 AM »

You sure it wasn't the fanart Will made?

I think it's posted in some picture thread here.

edit: Here infact, I've also seen a different version.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 06:50:20 AM by sic. » Logged

There's no logic here today / Do as you got to, go your own way / I said that's right / Time's short your life's your own / And in the end / We are just...
blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2006, 06:57:30 AM »

I got a poster from one of the UK shows, It's mainly creme with red and gold. I thought that was really nice and would be happy if the cover was similar to that. ok

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2006, 10:20:51 AM »

I'd be happy if that is the real cover.

They could write Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy on a CD-R label with a Sharpie and I'd be happy though...

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2006, 08:34:44 PM »

Something tells me thats not the album cover. They have album covers there and also other logo designs that aren't. Besides, how would a company like that get the artwork before ANYONE else in the press/music industry?

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2006, 08:53:36 PM »

that pic would make a badass shirt..
comaknight
Rocker

When all is said and done, we're not the only ones

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2006, 09:20:59 PM »

I always liked the gasmask-wearing soldier with the raised fist that was on one of the '02 tour shirts.
CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2006, 11:24:02 PM »

i didn't think about it until now, but that cover looks kind of a lot like this cover:

Gordi
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2006, 04:53:55 AM »

You sure it wasn't the fanart Will made?

I think it's posted in some picture thread here.

edit: Here infact, I've also seen a different version.

Nope that's not the one, the graffiti looked better than that, and it was from further away, like across the street.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2006, 06:47:48 AM »

I like the one with the Buddha on it, it's great. Good job to whoever made it ok

I just hope the real CD cover will kick ass and that the album will be in a great packaging. You can do amazing stuffs these days.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2006, 08:33:36 AM »

Lets hope Robin's influence can bring some sort of taste to the issue. The first poster with the guy with the bandana and the other one with the guy wearing a gas mask punching his first are the only half decent pieces of artwork that have come from the new era. The star, and ALL those mobile phone wallpapers are terrible. People shouldn't be able to buy adobe products without first proving they have taste.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2006, 08:47:52 AM »

Lets hope Robin's influence can bring some sort of taste to the issue. The first poster with the guy with the bandana and the other one with the guy wearing a gas mask punching his first are the only half decent pieces of artwork that have come from the new era. The star, and ALL those mobile phone wallpapers are terrible. People shouldn't be able to buy adobe products without first proving they have taste.

I'd be shocked if Robin doesn't have something to do with the art. But IMO everything but TSI has a good cover.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Origen
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2006, 08:49:24 AM »

It looks like a rejected Linkin Park cover.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2006, 08:55:11 AM »

looks pretty cool to me, much better than the bike on the wall one IMO

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2006, 09:02:53 AM »

looks pretty cool to me, much better than the bike on the wall one IMO

Everyone always mentions the bike on the wall. Has anyone else ever seen the cover thats on the European versions of the Tokyo DVDs?

If you go into the discography on those versions theres a listing for CD, I think it says June 2002 or something for the release date. But more importantly there's a really shitty cover shown there. It's like a Mars looking backgrouna and picture of Axl in a space suit looking thing. It's TERRIBLE.

No one ever really mentions it so I was wondering if anyone else has even seen it. To be clear, I believe it's the Euro versions of the DVDs. They are in bright yellow and blue packages with the bullet logo on the front.

We used to sell them at Media Play here in the States and they were released about 3 or 4 months before the US ones.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2006, 09:06:05 AM »

If you go into the discography on those versions theres a listing for CD, I think it says June 2002 or something for the release date. But more importantly there's a really shitty cover shown there. It's like a Mars looking backgrouna and picture of Axl in a space suit looking thing. It's TERRIBLE.

This one? If so it's fan made peace Apparently Axl showed the bike on a wall and said it was the album cover in one of the japan shows in 2002...there is no known picture of it though, every bike on a wall pic you see is fan made as well

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2006, 09:24:21 AM »

This one? If so it's fan made peace Apparently Axl showed the bike on a wall and said it was the album cover in one of the japan shows in 2002...there is no known picture of it though, every bike on a wall pic you see is fan made as well

Yep, that's the one! I wonder how in the hell a fan made pic got on the Tokyo DVDs in Europe?!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: