Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 06:46:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Head of Interscope has heard final tracks?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Head of Interscope has heard final tracks?  (Read 15660 times)
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2006, 06:19:13 PM »

You're right, but based on how well they're hitting all the AFD stuff note for note, I'd say the CD stuff we hear live is probably just like what's going to be on the new album.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2006, 06:24:26 PM »

You're right, but based on how well they're hitting all the AFD stuff note for note, I'd say the CD stuff we hear live is probably just like what's going to be on the new album.
nope..
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2006, 08:18:44 PM »

Inferno, why do you say no. Do you think the BLues, Chinese Democracy, etc will sound different on the studio album? They've had four or five years to get it "right." I believe the way they're palying them now is the way they're going to sound on the album.

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2006, 08:26:06 PM »

Who cares if this guy has heard six finished tracks off the new album. Practically everyone on this board has heard six finished tracks from the album.

Not studio tracks

You mean "not album tracks" - we have studio versions of TWAT, Better, Catcher in The Rye and IRS.
Ranma_br
Headliner

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2006, 08:31:37 PM »

Yeah, they have already "finished " the composition part, but how do you record it means everything to a song.
Listen to BETTER live and BETTER from studio and you'll know what i'm talking about.
AND, who knows this demos we have heardwill be the final tracks of the CD ( I doubt it even beacuse in the live recordings you can here much more things than in our demos - There are keyboards many times not included and AXL in UYI used to put much more vocal lines than in this demos ) so it is a complete diferent thing.

BUT gettint back to the topic ... THIS ARE ABSOLUTLY the best news WE HAVE EVER HEARD ABOUT THE ALBUM
Of 13 songs, 6 are done and Interscope have already heard em. It won't take long until they hear'em all.
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2006, 08:38:04 PM »

I'm just saying that the live versions are the finished versions - this is what we're going to hear on the album (IMHO). I realize the studio version is going to be tweaked (you can hear that in the live versions). Also, while it's cool that the head of Interscope has heard six tracks I don't see what the big deal is. Bumblefoot said months ago (in an article posted here) that he was summoned to Geffen where he met with the band and execs to learn the songs. The execs have heard this stuff for months now.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2006, 09:00:08 PM »

He could use unfinished tracks to learn how to play it. This is not a point.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2006, 09:19:23 PM »

Didn't the label already reject a bunch of Axl songs a long time ago?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2006, 09:48:46 PM »

I remember a long time ago in a Spin Magazine article , a Label Rep. said that the Label supports Axl Roses's vision and weren't pushing him to finish the album. That was about 2 to 3 years ago.

I think if Axl's playing them for the Head of Interscope this shows you how the Label is gonna major league be behind this. I could see them going all out on MTV and doing a full court press.

If tickets are going for $ 153 bucks a pop....wow. Tours have had it hard this year. Dixie Chicks had the 1# album in the country at one point and had to cancel 14 shows off a tour and revamp it the rest of the way.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2006, 10:14:32 AM »

I remember a long time ago in a Spin Magazine article , a Label Rep. said that the Label supports Axl Roses's vision and weren't pushing him to finish the album. That was about 2 to 3 years ago.

I think if Axl's playing them for the Head of Interscope this shows you how the Label is gonna major league be behind this. I could see them going all out on MTV and doing a full court press.

If tickets are going for $ 153 bucks a pop....wow. Tours have had it hard this year. Dixie Chicks had the 1# album in the country at one point and had to cancel 14 shows off a tour and revamp it the rest of the way.

Yeah but the Dixie Chicks went and pissed the south off, pretty much every State south of Ohio will not spin their tracks at all and that hurt that tour bad.

As far as Interscope having heard the tracks, I don't think it really matters one way or the other. I mean, what are they gonna do? Push the album back if they don't like it? I sincerely doubt that at this point. If it's true that the record company has spent a gazillion dollars on this record I would think they wanna get it out ASAP to start recouping.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »

As far as Interscope having heard the tracks, I don't think it really matters one way or the other. I mean, what are they gonna do? Push the album back if they don't like it? I sincerely doubt that at this point. If it's true that the record company has spent a gazillion dollars on this record I would think they wanna get it out ASAP to start recouping.
Given the utter lack of any sort of quality control in the music industry these days, I don't think Interscope gives a damn what the album sounds like. If they wanted to release three singles off the album though, well, they might ask for six or so of the most likely candidates to pick from.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2006, 04:10:08 PM »

If they wanted to release three singles off the album though, well, they might ask for six or so of the most likely candidates to pick from.

I'm sure that's got something to do with it as well.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2006, 04:11:23 PM »

Who cares if this guy has heard six finished tracks off the new album. Practically everyone on this board has heard six finished tracks from the album.

Not studio tracks

Maybe he heard other 6 songs we didn't hear even on live versions... the big guns?

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
estranged.1098
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2006, 04:26:55 PM »

Didn't the label already reject a bunch of Axl songs a long time ago?

I don't think Axl ever planned to go solo, and if he did he never signed with a label.

If you mean GNR, those were just rumours.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2006, 04:29:23 PM »

Not studio tracks

You mean "not album tracks" - we have studio versions of TWAT, Better, Catcher in The Rye and IRS.

They are demo's not studio

demos are studio songs dude

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2006, 04:38:52 PM »

Demo's are rough recordings, studio is the finalised recording mixed and mastered

That is correct people yes

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2006, 04:41:26 PM »

Demo's are rough recordings, studio is the finalised recording mixed and mastered

That is correct people yes

Havinf said that, I still don't see a HUGE difference other then sonic quality between the demos and the finalized product.

Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2006, 04:42:33 PM »

They're not demos in the normal snese - not like the bonus tracks on Night at the Rotz, they're obviously much mmore developed than that - especially TWAT.  IRS maybe less so.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2006, 04:42:44 PM »

no, that`s not true dude.....

demos are rough recordings, recorded in a studio.

this fact makes them studio versions as well...  you`re talking about album versions.

or don`t you consider better being a studio version??

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
robinfinckfan
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2006, 05:16:56 PM »

no, that`s not true dude.....

demos are rough recordings, recorded in a studio.

this fact makes them studio versions as well...? you`re talking about album versions.

or don`t you consider better being a studio version??

Better is defiantley studio version. i think it sounds pretty damn close to a final product to me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: