Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:32:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Head of Interscope has heard final tracks?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Head of Interscope has heard final tracks?  (Read 15627 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2006, 05:34:32 PM »

I think we have heard more new GNR tracks then the head off sucking head.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2006, 05:54:35 PM »

Jimmy Iovine is one of the most on hands exec in the music industry...the guy listens to everything his bands produce and at times he has a heavy hand in deciding the final track list.  When a high profile artist like GNR is readying a new album, he will guaranteed listen to the whole thing.  Especially after sinking millions of dollars into the recording there is no way he going to go on blind faith with Axl. 

The 6 songs he's heard are IRS, Better, TWAT, Catcher, Chinese Democracy, and probably either Madagascar or Blues.  These are the same songs, we've already heard in one form or another.  If there are other songs out there...then where are they and why is Axl only playing the leaked songs on tour?  My feeling is there are no other songs.  Axl is just trying to buy time until he records more.

The fact that Iovine has only heard 6 songs is not a good sign.  With licensing, clearence, production, promotion and legal BS, an album can take 3 - 6 months to get to the CD shelves.  All albums coming out this year have already been sent to their labels to ready for release.  If GNR's album isn't there...it's not going to be a 2006 release.

In 2002, Axl promised us an album..."very soon."  If "very soon" in Axl means 4 more years...then "this year" means at least an additional 6 months.

I predict...August 2007.

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2006, 06:06:03 PM »

Don't be so nagative, album will be out soon,  he's heard the 6 tracks he did not hear before, I'm sure he heard the 6 other tracks before (just like we all did? Smiley ), the well known ones CD, Mad, blues, better, twat, catcher, irs. So i'm thinking he's heard 6 (or 7) +6 (new ones)? = 12? (13) = CD Grin
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 06:15:21 PM by give_it_a_rest » Logged
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2006, 06:16:25 PM »

The 6 songs he's heard are IRS, Better, TWAT, Catcher, Chinese Democracy, and probably either Madagascar or Blues.  These are the same songs, we've already heard in one form or another.

dude!!  you don`t know which songs he listened to!!

there are no other songs.  Axl is just trying to buy time until he records more.

yeah... before twat, IRS and better leaked people like you also said there weren`t even any studio versions of new gnr songs existing and axl never even recorded vocals etc... i smell bullshit... 

The fact that Iovine has only heard 6 songs is not a good sign.  With licensing, clearence, production, promotion and legal BS, an album can take 3 - 6 months to get to the CD shelves.
All albums coming out this year have already been sent to their labels to ready for release.  If GNR's album isn't there...it's not going to be a 2006 release.
are you working in that business, or are you just pretending to have a clue?

In 2002, Axl promised us an album..."very soon."  If "very soon" in Axl means 4 more years...then "this year" means at least an additional 6 months.

in 2002 he also said "soon is not the word".........by the way......   i never heard him say anything else than "this year" in the last 7-8months or so....

i really don?t like your way of making your random guesses look like facts. axl said this is the year and that?s the plan at the moment....  do you seriously think axl would tell the pubilc he`s going to release CD this year, if it wasn?t even possible, because the record label doesn`t have the album yet or for whatever reason???

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2006, 06:57:05 PM »

are you working in that business, or are you just pretending to have a clue?

i really don?t like your way of making your random guesses look like facts. axl said this is the year and that?s the plan at the moment....? do you seriously think axl would tell the pubilc he`s going to release CD this year, if it wasn?t even possible, because the record label doesn`t have the album yet or for whatever reason???

A.  I worked in the music industry for about 5 years...as a freelance DJ and a radio station GM/Music director.  I had very good connections with friends who worked for Interscope in Westwood.  I know exactly how long an album takes to get out.
B.  Everything on these message boards are random speculation!!!  Who are you kidding?
C.  To answer your last question,...that's a big "yes."

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Steel_Angel
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2006, 06:57:23 PM »

Jimmy Iovine is one of the most on hands exec in the music industry...the guy listens to everything his bands produce and at times he has a heavy hand in deciding the final track list.? When a high profile artist like GNR is readying a new album, he will guaranteed listen to the whole thing.? Especially after sinking millions of dollars into the recording there is no way he going to go on blind faith with Axl.?

The 6 songs he's heard are IRS, Better, TWAT, Catcher, Chinese Democracy, and probably either Madagascar or Blues.? These are the same songs, we've already heard in one form or another.? If there are other songs out there...then where are they and why is Axl only playing the leaked songs on tour?? My feeling is there are no other songs.? Axl is just trying to buy time until he records more.

The fact that Iovine has only heard 6 songs is not a good sign.? With licensing, clearence, production, promotion and legal BS, an album can take 3 - 6 months to get to the CD shelves.? All albums coming out this year have already been sent to their labels to ready for release.? If GNR's album isn't there...it's not going to be a 2006 release.

In 2002, Axl promised us an album..."very soon."? If "very soon" in Axl means 4 more years...then "this year" means at least an additional 6 months.

I predict...August 2007.

DOnt confuse people.. ******
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2006, 06:58:17 PM »

Jimmy Iovine is one of the most on hands exec in the music industry...the guy listens to everything his bands produce and at times he has a heavy hand in deciding the final track list.? When a high profile artist like GNR is readying a new album, he will guaranteed listen to the whole thing.? Especially after sinking millions of dollars into the recording there is no way he going to go on blind faith with Axl.?

The 6 songs he's heard are IRS, Better, TWAT, Catcher, Chinese Democracy, and probably either Madagascar or Blues.? These are the same songs, we've already heard in one form or another.? If there are other songs out there...then where are they and why is Axl only playing the leaked songs on tour?? My feeling is there are no other songs.? Axl is just trying to buy time until he records more.

The fact that Iovine has only heard 6 songs is not a good sign.? With licensing, clearence, production, promotion and legal BS, an album can take 3 - 6 months to get to the CD shelves.? All albums coming out this year have already been sent to their labels to ready for release.? If GNR's album isn't there...it's not going to be a 2006 release.

In 2002, Axl promised us an album..."very soon."? If "very soon" in Axl means 4 more years...then "this year" means at least an additional 6 months.

I predict...August 2007.

What is wrong with you people?? What Axl said in 2002 was that "soon" wasn't the word.

He's said the album will be out this year twice. It'll be out this year.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2006, 07:07:21 PM »

If you guys want to hear the likely difference between the demos we have now.. and what we'll probably get.. listen to the boston radio promo from 2002. Im surprised more people don't mention that.

Studio clips of Chinese Democracy, Maddy, and The Blues... and they sound much better than the demos we have right now. The drums actually sound like real drums.. Axl sounds great.. ect.

I don't judge the album based off the demo.. but more off that radio promo. (Though it could end up being much better)

gnrevolution.com
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2006, 07:10:46 PM »

are you sure those are studio clips?  I recall several debates over the years, and from my recollection it has always been decided that they are re-mastered soundboards...  i can't remember what show (I don't have the boston clip anymore)

can someone refresh my memory?

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2006, 07:12:49 PM »

are you sure those are studio clips?  I recall several debates over the years, and from my recollection it has always been decided that they are re-mastered soundboards...  i can't remember what show (I don't have the boston clip anymore)

Im positive they're studio. Listen to the intro of CD. And Axl's voice. Definitly studio.

For all of the people who dn't have the promo...

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=B3A3C96600E3B1CB

EDIT: Upon listening to it.. there is definitly some crowd noise.. but it sounds dubbed in. Seriously, im 99% sure this is studio.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 07:15:42 PM by -Jack- » Logged

gnrevolution.com
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »

thanks for the clip

i don't know enough about it, but i swear this has been discussed before and at the time me (along with everyone else) seemed pretty convinced...  someone cited the exact show they came from

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2006, 07:25:01 PM »

IF you dont want to call IRS, Better, TWAT and CITR demos that is fine. Then call them rough cuts. But they are not finalized by any means.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2006, 08:08:50 PM »

The Boston promo is obviously studio clips. I'm 100% sure. Listen to Axl's vocals and Robin's guitar on Chinese. There was already the Richard's outro solo in The Blues and the promo was aired BEFORE the NA Tour - when he started to play it live.

About the demos... Well, these days you can easily build a finished track with the demos outtakes. So, yes, they are studio demos, but not properly mixed and/or mastered - I mean, it's just a rough mix for a demo. I'm sure some tracks used in those demos (except maybe for CITR) will be used on the finished track.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 08:12:50 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2006, 08:27:22 PM »

The Boston promo is obviously studio clips. I'm 100% sure. Listen to Axl's vocals and Robin's guitar on Chinese. There was already the Richard's outro solo in The Blues and the promo was aired BEFORE the NA Tour - when he started to play it live.

About the demos... Well, these days you can easily build a finished track with the demos outtakes. So, yes, they are studio demos, but not properly mixed and/or mastered - I mean, it's just a rough mix for a demo. I'm sure some tracks used in those demos (except maybe for CITR) will be used on the finished track.

Is the Boston promo that you guys are talking about the one thats often attached to the DVD bootleg of the Boston 02 show?

If it's different I'd really like to hear it!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2006, 08:30:27 PM »

Well, it is, but the mp3 (already posted on this thread) has a clip of The Blues too...

user FKA webmoster
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2006, 11:13:11 PM »

Demo's are rough recordings, studio is the finalised recording mixed and mastered

no, that`s not true dude.....

demos are rough recordings, recorded in a studio.

this fact makes them studio versions as well...? you`re talking about album versions.

or don`t you consider better being a studio version??

Thats not always true. For example, Rivers Cuomo from Weezer did the demos for Songs From The Black Hole/Pinkerton on an 8track player at him home or something to that extent
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2006, 11:16:22 PM »

are you sure those are studio clips?? I recall several debates over the years, and from my recollection it has always been decided that they are re-mastered soundboards...? i can't remember what show (I don't have the boston clip anymore)

Yeah there was some bullshit discussion about that a number of years ago. Some guy claimed he knew the person that put the Boston promo together and that the guy had just cleaned up soundboards but that argument never made any damn sense to me for a few reasons. One was that at a Flyers game in Philly there was a promo for the upcoming show and they used the same clip from Chinese Democracy that was used in the Boston promo. I thought it kinda strange that some Boston guy made a promo and then sent it around the country for others to use.
 ? ? ? ? ? Also, the outro guitar solo from the Blues was never played that way until after the promo was made, at least as far as I can tell. I could never hear that guitar solo played on the European bootlegs. I even posted that comment at the time. I was being a smartass and saying the Boston guy that supposedly remastered live recordings must have played that awesome guitar solo himself and added it to the song and GNR liked it so much that they started playing the song that way.
 ? ? ? ? ?Those reasons, and the obvious reasons of the guitar intro to Chinese Democracy sounding drier and scratchier than in concert and Axl's voice sounding very studio on Chinese Democracy and Madagascar, are why the promo was studio. 100% sure.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2006, 03:33:31 PM »

The heads of interscope wouldn't give a shite about hearing the whole album.  They are concerned with the $$$$ not the songs.  When you get that high up the chain, they wont care.

With $13million+ supposedly spent on this album, I'm sure they'd "give a shite"
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2006, 03:48:50 PM »

do you guys think that mysteron has heard the songs?
GNRSANDMAN
Rocker

Bring it Axl

« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2006, 03:54:28 PM »

No I don't. But we're all going to be heariing it before the end of the year according to "uncle Axl"     beer

CD or no CD, THAT is the question?Huh?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: