Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:54:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  During Paradise City live...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: During Paradise City live...  (Read 4421 times)
Outtagetme
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: September 06, 2006, 01:10:55 PM »

I think the band needs to play the intro longer while Axl talks over it for a bit saying things like-

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for coming out tonight and supporting us.  The band and I appreciate you standing behind what we're doing and we won't let you down.  Thanks for being patient for the new material- believe me, you won't be disappointed.  Fuck everyone who said I would never perform again- We'll do this last song of the night, I'm sure you all recognize it- sing with us as loud as you fucking can and be safe going home.  We'll see you next time"

That's when the sustained power chord should hit.  It would be a perfect way for Axl to close down the night.  It's already cool as shit that he has a song like Paradise City to close with.  It's kind of the official GNR anthem.  I know this post is lame, but I'm out of material to discuss.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 01:13:39 PM »

I don't think even Axl needs to say that he appreciates you showing up, because its obvious.
Origen
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 01:16:24 PM »

No, just play the song. If he wants to say somethink to the crowd he can say it in between songs.
miss bomb
Rocker

nanook

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 01:18:37 PM »

hihi ha! the idea of axl doing that is funny. itd be nice yeah, but would probably sound a bit naff.

7.6.6,11.6.6,29.7.6x2,10.11.6
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 01:21:03 PM »

he did that at vegas 01 i think

we`d like to thank you all for coming. we hope to see you again sometime soon ok

or something like that...  and it fit perfectly

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 01:21:14 PM »

No offense intended, but what is the point of this? Send the script to GNR management if you feel that strongly about it.

I'm sure Axl is going to say what he wants when he wants to say it, and I'm pretty sure he can figure that kind of stuff out without assistance.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 01:23:06 PM »

No offense intended, but what is the point of this? Send the script to GNR management if you feel that strongly about it.

I'm sure Axl is going to say what he wants when he wants to say it, and I'm pretty sure he can figure that kind of stuff out without assistance.

smart dude ok

i guess outtagetme would just like to hear that at a show....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 01:24:52 PM »

he does say thank you to the crowd,  look at rock am ring 

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 01:31:57 PM »

Anyone ever wonder why the old lineup only did one "hooooooooome" in the middle and the new lineup do it twice like it was on the album??

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 01:36:55 PM »

I think the band needs to play the intro longer while Axl talks over it for a bit saying things like-

"I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for coming out tonight and supporting us.? The band and I appreciate you standing behind what we're doing and we won't let you down.? Thanks for being patient for the new material- believe me, you won't be disappointed.? Fuck everyone who said I would never perform again- We'll do this last song of the night, I'm sure you all recognize it- sing with us as loud as you fucking can and be safe going home.? We'll see you next time"

That's when the sustained power chord should hit.? It would be a perfect way for Axl to close down the night.? It's already cool as shit that he has a song like Paradise City to close with.? It's kind of the official GNR anthem.? I know this post is lame, but I'm out of material to discuss.

NO .....no but thanks peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 01:37:44 PM »

Anyone ever wonder why the old lineup only did one "hooooooooome" in the middle and the new lineup do it twice like it was on the album??

Vocally demanding

Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 01:41:06 PM »

he cant say, we wont let you down. or you wont be dissapointed....

cuz he can not please everyone. and he already said that there are some stuff that aint GNR'ish.

and for that, on the album it was looped by mistake in the studio. they though it was cool. but didnt really want it afterwards... i think he changed his mind then....

i dont remember where i read/heard this. but its def. for real

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 01:47:37 PM »

Vocally demanding

Not compared to some of the other stuff in the set.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 01:51:38 PM »

Vocally demanding

The end of the show and after he does 4 verses and 4 chorus lines....absolutely demanding......Don't believe me....try doing it yourself. Not at all easy bro.. peace

blaqktiger
Guitars Suck
Rocker

The only man to pull off a Red Suit - BfoOt

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 02:06:33 PM »

Axl would say what he feels he needs to say, when he wants to say it.... If you want something scripted go to another show... Axl is real, no script needed  peace

07-06-2006 -- Hammersmith Apollo.
11-06-2006 -- Donington Park.
30-07-2006 -- Wembley Arena.

www.robinfinck.com
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 02:15:56 PM »

Vocally demanding

The end of the show and after he does 4 verses and 4 chorus lines....absolutely demanding......Don't believe me....try doing it yourself. Not at all easy bro.. peace

Right. So my question is why they didn't they do it before but they do it now?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 02:25:18 PM »

Vocally demanding

Mic packs can do wonders....

requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 02:51:10 PM »

Vocally demanding

What are you talking about? Please define this term "mic packs" - do you mean in-ear monitors?  Anyway, I'm not saying it's easy "bro," but it's much easier than some of the other sections of a GNR set, since it's only holding a C# for a few seconds - not a challenging note for Axl, and not including any difficult vowels or consonants. If anything, a straight up note like that should be an opportunity for him to relax his vocal cords.
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 02:54:47 PM »

Axl doesn't hold notes as long as he used to, but he still holds them pretty long for the rhasp he uses.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 02:54:54 PM »

Vocally demanding

What are you talking about? Please define this term "mic packs" - do you mean in-ear monitors?? Anyway, I'm not saying it's easy "bro," but it's much easier than some of the other sections of a GNR set, since it's only holding a C# for a few seconds - not a challenging note for Axl, and not including any difficult vowels or consonants. If anything, a straight up note like that should be an opportunity for him to relax his vocal cords.

At a guess I'd say he was implying that Axl uses some sort of lipsynching system for the second one. Hopefully not since you can hear on just about any bootleg from RIR3 on that he does different screams.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: