Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:47:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How will CD's release date be announced?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How will CD's release date be announced?  (Read 15731 times)
madagas
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2006, 01:18:21 PM »

source my ass Angry
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

source my ass Angry

Your ass knows when CD will be released nervous nervous hihi
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 01:28:47 PM by Neemo » Logged

Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2006, 01:39:05 PM »

Oh My Choking Soul,

The part of your "info" about an iTunes announcement stuck out to me. It would offer an explanation on how these tracks could be unfinished today, yet released in March. It would be much easier to do an exclusive iTunes release within a short time than a full disc printing.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2006, 01:42:29 PM »

I'm not sure how he'll announce it but I don't see a press conference from Axl himself.

I think we'll get a press conference from Merck in the next few weeks. He will say something along the lines of:

"2005 is th....oh wait....2006 is the year of Guns N' Roses"
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2006, 01:46:44 PM »

Axl will march through Beijing, screaming Democracy has started and for the people to rebel. 

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2006, 03:03:52 PM »

Oh My Choking Soul,

The part of your "info" about an iTunes announcement stuck out to me. It would offer an explanation on how these tracks could be unfinished today, yet released in March. It would be much easier to do an exclusive iTunes release within a short time than a full disc printing.

Hmmm, never thought of that....that would be something wouldn't it?  Has any other band ever done something like that?  That'd be a COOL online campaign too...you just start to see banners in wierd places saying "chinese democracy is here"...click on it, takes you to itunes to download the entire album.

What i'm really hoping is those of us who gave our emails to the official site will get some special discount or advance copy or something for CD.  I know I was able to get tix early through a promocode on an email I got from the official site...good thing too b/c MSG sold out in 15 mins!  lots of long island dudes LOVE their 80s rock hahaha

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Chief
Legend

« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2006, 03:15:25 PM »

i somehow hope a new GNR official site will launch and with it the release date!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2006, 03:17:27 PM »

i somehow hope a new GNR official site will launch and with it the release date!!!

I hear ya...funny how I've been checking the official site on a daily basis the past few days.  I NEVER used to go there (why would I!)

Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2006, 03:29:50 PM »

With a press release by Geffen or Universal Records. Shortly after, another press release by Sanctuary management, citing Axl's words, will be made public.
Let's hope soon is the word. beer

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Chief
Legend

« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2006, 03:31:31 PM »

this is a hilarious idea, maybe for a video or parody!!!

Axl will march through Beijing, screaming Democracy has started and for the people to rebel. 

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2006, 03:31:49 PM »

march 15 is the ides of march,

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2006, 03:35:02 PM »

Oh My Choking Soul,

Hmmm, never thought of that....that would be something wouldn't it?? Has any other band ever done something like that?? That'd be a COOL online campaign too...you just start to see banners in wierd places saying "chinese democracy is here"...click on it, takes you to itunes to download the entire album.

What i'm really hoping is those of us who gave our emails to the official site will get some special discount or advance copy or something for CD.? I know I was able to get tix early through a promocode on an email I got from the official site...good thing too b/c MSG sold out in 15 mins!? lots of long island dudes LOVE their 80s rock hahaha

I believe Eminem's Curtain Call, although released on iTunes and on CD on the same day, had some bonus tracks that were "pre-relased" to iTunes subscribers to pre-purchased.

So you get the bulk of the songs the same day in either format, but supposed that you pre-purchased a week before release you had some bonus tracks for that week ahead of the CD release. ? If that makes sense.

Something similar happened with Madonna too I think.

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2006, 03:43:59 PM »

Oh My Choking Soul,

Hmmm, never thought of that....that would be something wouldn't it?  Has any other band ever done something like that?  That'd be a COOL online campaign too...you just start to see banners in wierd places saying "chinese democracy is here"...click on it, takes you to itunes to download the entire album.

What i'm really hoping is those of us who gave our emails to the official site will get some special discount or advance copy or something for CD.  I know I was able to get tix early through a promocode on an email I got from the official site...good thing too b/c MSG sold out in 15 mins!  lots of long island dudes LOVE their 80s rock hahaha

I believe Eminem's Curtain Call, although released on iTunes and on CD on the same day, had some bonus tracks that were "pre-relased" to iTunes subscribers to pre-purchased.

So you get the bulk of the songs the same day in either format, but supposed that you pre-purchased a week before release you had some bonus tracks for that week ahead of the CD release.   If that makes sense.

Something similar happened with Madonna too I think.

Thats pretty cool...I would LOVE if they did something really unique with this release...create tons of buzz and get lots of exposure.

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2006, 05:11:15 PM »

Maybe it'll just show up in stores one day
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2006, 07:10:12 PM »

As soon as possible the way things are going now...
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2006, 07:30:01 AM »

Since Axl 've already  told us that this is the year, which way do you think CD release date will be announced?

There will be an official press release?
There will be only an update at gnronline.com??
There will be a "leak" form an insider (i.e. Mysteron  ok) in this site maybe, so that people will actually start to talk about it and spread the word out?
Axl himself will do the big announcement?

This will be fun, cause all this silence from the GnR camp and all this mystery about CD , makes me think that it cant be a proper, clean- cut  press release  Grin

Me and this friend of mine , who works in a music TV channel, have this bet - i say that Axl will do the announcement and he thinks that there ll be a leak in this site!  Shocked

i just hope that this will be the year indeed, cause otherwise i d loose a lot of money!  Grin

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2006, 07:31:19 AM »

On Top of a building in Times Square, lol.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 07:33:12 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2006, 07:34:17 AM »

On Top of a building in Times Square, lol.

Grin that was funny.....never thought of that scenario.....!

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2006, 07:35:41 AM »

Inland Invasion would seem appropriate. The First LA gig in 15 years. The homecoming, so to speak. 20 years from GnR started getting popular in that area. It's an appropriate place for confirmation. It will probably leak or there will be loads of rumours before that however. Mysteron certainly won't be announcing or leaking it though.

Amish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2006, 07:49:35 AM »

It seems to me that people have a way of speculating everything, like it's gonna be some huge cool thing to happen, and it usually seems to happen in a normal way.  It's like the VMA, everyone was like "Surely Axl will take the opportunity on national television to announce CD" but then all he did was present, just like he was supposed to.  So, my bet is a normal release date announcement.  He will probably announce it at a tour date, and then there might be a few commercials, an MTV news story, all that business.

It would be really cool if the album just turned up in stores one day.   Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: