Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:18:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  SO LETS SAY CHINESE DEMOCRACY COMES OUT....AND IT SUX..THEN WHAT
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SO LETS SAY CHINESE DEMOCRACY COMES OUT....AND IT SUX..THEN WHAT  (Read 9193 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 02:29:30 AM »

i dont think it matters... we havent even heard the best of CD, it wont sux. unless gnr wants it to suck  nervous

According to Axl, we HAVE heard the best of CD.

He said he considers his three favorite "Big Guns" to be The Blues, TWAT and Better.

They were said to be amongst his favorites.  And that seemed like it was planned.  He says those are some of his favorite songs and them boom the demos suddenly surface on the net, along with a song that had already been leaked in much crappier form a while ago.  There are other songs that have been described as amazing by people working on the album that we haven't heard yet
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2006, 02:53:39 AM »

i dont think it matters... we havent even heard the best of CD, it wont sux. unless gnr wants it to suck  nervous

He said he considers his three favorite "Big Guns" to be The Blues, TWAT and Better.

They were said to be amongst his favorites.  And that seemed like it was planned.  He says those are some of his favorite songs and them boom the demos suddenly surface on the net, along with a song that had already been leaked in much crappier form a while ago.  There are other songs that have been described as amazing by people working on the album that we haven't heard yet

I agree, I also think this was planned and he was purposely dropping the names. However, this also makes me question Axl's honesty - if he was just saying those were his favorites to make way for the demo leaks, then when he tells us other things, what's to say it's not more of the same strategic stuff?
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2006, 02:59:31 AM »

I agree, I also think this was planned and he was purposely dropping the names. However, this also makes me question Axl's honesty - if he was just saying those were his favorites to make way for the demo leaks, then when he tells us other things, what's to say it's not more of the same strategic stuff?

It doesn't mean he lied.  All he said was that they were some of his favorite songs that they'd recorded but that doesn't mean they are necessarily the biggest or best songs they recorded.  But all three are great songs IMO anyway, TWAT and The Blues are right up there with GnR's best songs of that type for me and Better is a more contemporary sounding song but with a GnR vibe.  But there could very well be a few Estranged, Coma or Locomotive type songs waiting in the wings that we haven't heard yet as well as some hard rockers we haven't heard either
rocky
Rocker

These are the times of my bullshit life!

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2006, 03:04:25 AM »

If it sucks, then it sucks.  I have bought plenty of albums in my lifetime that I didn't like.  It will still sell millions of copies worldwide, and they will still release another album and tour.

Skol Vikings
SLCPUNK
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2006, 03:15:15 AM »

It does not matter really.

He has a hardcore group of fans that will see him perform no matter what.

Personally I think the album won't get much better than a B minus rating from critics. I think many will rip it to shreds, and not give it a fair shake. I also think the sales will be great no matter what, based on how the GH album did.

The material I have heard live and demos (remembering to take into account that they are demos) is much better than most other music out there today. A polished, final cut of these songs will be something else altogether, and it is important to keep that in mind. Knowing that, I find it hard to believe that this album will suck. I just don?t' believe it. For a while I was worried that it might, but the leaks and live performances or those leaks have changed my mind.

Even if the album is highly regarded, they are still going to play concerts weighed down with AFD. Most groups are like that, you go to see them for THOSE particular songs that made them big. He can live off those songs for the remainder of his life to problem.

Another thing to keep in mind is this: DJs have said the leaks sucked, journalists have ragged on this guy non stop but he keeps on packing them in. Bad press does not hurt this guy, and it is irrelevant to the fans. If GNR can continue to pull in crowds like they have without releasing CD, then even if it is mediocre, they will still come. It really won't make or break the guy. The only thing he will have to endure is the unforgiving and unfair press, which he really doesn't seem to give two shits about anyway.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2006, 03:50:04 AM »

I just want to see everyone on this board feel gratified in owning it.
Megaguns
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2006, 03:53:51 AM »

Hopefully it wont suck.... Im more worried about it being over-produced, GnR were famous with AFD because it was so raw and real, If CD is too polished some people might be dissapointed.
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2006, 04:08:30 AM »

Umm...if youve heard the demos u wouldent have bothered starting a thread like this? peace

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2006, 04:15:25 AM »

Firstly, you can never say The Illusions are better or worse than Appetite. It is upon taste and I personally think both of them are classic. I don't think Chinese Democracy's gonna suck because I suppose The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, Better and TWAT are gonna be in it. I think they are very good songs so basically the album won't suck. What I'm worried though, is that the world is different today, it's not the same as it was and I think the release won't have such an impact as the previous albus had.

"...It don't really matter..."
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2006, 04:25:39 AM »

It ain't going to suck. We've heard the demos. We've seen what this band has become. We've had a great tour. Even if it's not a mainstream record, considering the musical tastes these days, and the fact that a lot of people download stuffs, it's still going to be a great record.

I hope it becomes a classic, from good reviews to good sales.

Basically I just want those killer songs, I don't care that much if it sells well or not.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2006, 04:27:23 AM »

It will not suck.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2006, 04:47:33 AM »

Chinese Democracy is not going to suck.. unless its full of a bunch of shitty songs we haven't heard yet.   The 7 or 8 we have so far are all album worthy IMO, and I'd even be interested in Silkworms' studio version.   

Even if it did suck, I'm still a gunner for life and would go see the band whereever I can.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2006, 05:04:59 AM »

From what we have all previously heard, well it seems to have all of us waiting for more!!  I think the songs are obviously different than what Axl has presented us in the past with Appetite or Illusions, but wasn't that kinda his goal anyway?  Axl being the perfectionist that he is, has taken his time on this album to do just that, make it as perfect as possible first and foremost to satisfy his self, and probably more importantly to produce the kind of music that we the fans will all be satisfied with, so how could it be bad?  I know for sure, whatever happens, I myself will remain one of his biggest fans, as far as the rest of you die hard fans I am sure you will all still follow Axl Rose and Guns N Roses just like we do here everyday, and for those who don't, well!!!???

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
GNRRRR
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2006, 05:11:32 AM »

It won't suck..it will only legitamize the new line-up! I can't wait!
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2006, 05:13:53 AM »

most of us will love it.

Some of us will hate it.

Some critics will rip it apart.

Basically, just like every other GnR album

And I can't wait

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2006, 05:28:01 AM »

I doubt it will suck.

It'll end up being solid for sure.. if you listen to that Boston 2002 Promo and hear the couple seconds of studio work on Maddy, CD, and The Blues it sounds epic. Much better than the leaked demos we have now (which are still good)

It will likely be torn apart.

gnrevolution.com
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2006, 09:14:39 AM »

If it sucks it's always from certain point of view so I think it wont matter cause I will still be listen to it and be happy.

No man can be my equal
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2006, 09:48:47 AM »

CITR, TWAT, Better, The Blues, CD, Madagascar, IRS.  7 songs we heard so far, they will be probably be 7 out of 13 that will be on CD.  I think Better, TWAT are the best, theres 6 other songs we have not heard.  But based on those seven songs, I dont think it will suck.

blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2006, 10:07:36 AM »

most of us will love it.

Some of us will hate it.

Some critics will rip it apart.

Basically, just like every other GnR album

And I can't wait

the same... and they are going to "earn" some new fans too  Grin

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2006, 10:12:22 AM »

it will be the best album in 19 years maybe even best ever i think..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: