Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:31:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  There is (almost) no competition
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There is (almost) no competition  (Read 18020 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2006, 02:16:03 PM »

Well I nthink it will initially sell because it has the gnr name stamped on it...

I completely disagree. I think it's very well known in the rock universe that this isn't the classic lineup of GNR. I really don't think the album is going to sell automatically just because it has the GNR name on it.

I really see the album doing all of it's business on it's own merit.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2006, 02:29:01 PM »

Its not gonna sell as much as some of you think. Different world out there now for Axl. I wouldnt expect anything over 300k the first week. Prob will be at number one or in the top 5.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2006, 02:47:20 PM »

Its not gonna sell as much as some of you think. Different world out there now for Axl. I wouldnt expect anything over 300k the first week. Prob will be at number one or in the top 5.

It'll debut at No. 1 for certain. Past that, I honestly don't care since that means I'll have my copy by then.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Mr Rage
Rocker

My Friends Call Me ACE!!!!!

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2006, 03:55:11 PM »

u never know what new bands could pop up and steel the CD's thunder!!!

A World Without BASS is.....CHAOS
requiem156
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2006, 04:10:50 PM »

There is always competition. I don't think that Beyonce and GNR have the same audience, although it's obvious that the thread starter didn't mean to imply that per se. The real problem is credibility, and I don't think that anyone really knows what is going to happen with that. A lot of people don't think of GNR as a band that still exists. For the record, I'm not agreeing with that, but you can't really deny that it's true. So there is competition - it's the 80/90's era GNR, and Axl's reputation that they are up against.

Lucky, I hope that CD is as good as the "crap" that Ozzy released with Sabbath in the 70's(ie. albums that helped define the genre we call metal), or at least the Randy/Jake era material from the 80's. If it isn't better than Down to Earth, I'm selling it back within a week.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2006, 04:43:22 PM »

I'm not agreeing with that, but you can't really deny that it's true.

How are you not agreeing but not denying it's true??

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2006, 05:15:49 PM »

BEYONCE ....honnestly...sincerely... THIS IS CRAP.

Totally agree. ?

My mother could've hopped on stage at the VMA's and duplicated her goofy-ass, untalented performance.

BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2006, 05:59:26 PM »

i dont want CD to compete with Beyonce Tongue
compare the new songs to something worth comparing to...
like green day, coldplay, NIN or ozzy.

do you think that the demos we've heard so far could compare to ozzys down to earth?

so far not one song I've heard is on the same level as "Dreamer" except for CITR.
so far dreamer is the best rock song IMO of the 21st century.

Please tell me that is a joke. Thats one of Ozzy's worst songs.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2006, 06:06:07 PM »

do you think that the demos we've heard so far could compare to ozzys down to earth?

so far not one song I've heard is on the same level as "Dreamer" except for CITR.

Please tell me that is a joke. Thats one of Ozzy's worst songs.

You ain't kidding. IMO the only ballad on like the last 4 Oz records that's good is "Old L.A. Tonight"

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2006, 06:07:34 PM »

BEYONCE ....honnestly...sincerely... THIS IS CRAP.

Totally agree. ?

My mother could've hopped on stage at the VMA's and duplicated her goofy-ass, untalented performance.

You cut my message in the wrong meaning. I never said Beyonce was crap (as I said, I like some of her previous work even if i'm sure she didn't write any of her music - The Producers did for herself anyway...), I just said her new single is not good music. That's different.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2006, 06:11:03 PM »

Well I nthink it will initially sell because it has the gnr name stamped on it...

I completely disagree. I think it's very well known in the rock universe that this isn't the classic lineup of GNR. I really don't think the album is going to sell automatically just because it has the GNR name on it.

I feel for you bro, to really believe that... Regardless a gnr album will sell better then if it was under another name..
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »

I feel for you bro, to really believe that... Regardless a gnr album will sell better then if it was under another name..

It becomes increasingly harder for me to understand why you think so little of GNR. Do you not like the leaks? Do you not think that music is good.

Oh and another thing, please stop posting this type of shit all the time. I understand that you really, really, really, really like Appetite For Destuction and nothing will ever live up to it for it. I however like to believe that people have the ability to get better what they do.

jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2006, 06:49:17 PM »

I'm not agreeing with that, but you can't really deny that it's true.

How are you not agreeing but not denying it's true??

rofl I'm almost positive Bill Clinton has signed up here using the name requiem156. hihi

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »

It becomes increasingly harder for me to understand why you think so little of GNR. Do you not like the leaks? Do you not think that music is good.

Oh and another thing, please stop posting this type of shit all the time. I understand that you really, really, really, really like Appetite For Destuction and nothing will ever live up to it for it. I however like to believe that people have the ability to get better what they do.

gnr , I think so highly of gnr that's why I don't just call any people axl hired guns n roses.. What does liking afd have to do with cd.. Besides the fact one is a gnr record that is called one of the best ever and the other is a axl rose solo album under the gnr name?
chinesedemocracy05
Banned
Rocker

SPRECHMAN!

« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2006, 07:25:50 PM »

COLDPLAY?!?! lol. just joking.

Unfortunately I think guns does have competition. Obviously us GNR freaks are gonna think axl taking a shit with paul tobias shredding in the background and pittman playing the ocarina is better then anything out today. PErsonally, i think that the new tracks are some of the best songs ive heard in my whole life. But unfortunately, only us message board fans have good music taste and BEyonce's shit storm of a new single will sell better, to the retarted REAL music deprived youth of today.

They just thought Id know better. Better.
robinfinckfan
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2006, 07:28:16 PM »

COLDPLAY?!?! lol. just joking.

Unfortunately I think guns does have competition. Obviously us GNR freaks are gonna think axl taking a shit with paul tobias shredding in the background and pittman playing the ocarina is better then anything out today. PErsonally, i think that the new tracks are some of the best songs ive heard in my whole life. But unfortunately, only us message board fans have good music taste and BEyonce's shit storm of a new single will sell better, to the retarted REAL music deprived youth of today.

Yea but it's not really the retarted youth buying the shit music out today but the parents buying the retarted shit music.
the last cd i actualy purchased was Vr contraband in 2004.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2006, 08:37:26 PM »

gnr , I think so highly of gnr that's why I don't just call any people axl hired guns n roses.. What does liking afd have to do with cd.. Besides the fact one is a gnr record that is called one of the best ever and the other is a axl rose solo album under the gnr name?

My point is that you think you're better then other people because you like the classic lineup and material. You can hold on to your little dream that someday they'll all comeback and that's all fine and good but those guys and those albums are in the past. Whether you like it or not the members in the band currently ARE Guns N' Roses, from every standpoint including a legal one. So no amount of negative thoughts, posts or put downs can change that for you.

Your opinion on AFD wasn't the point of the post anyways. Please read it again. What I asked is that you stop posting the same shit over and over and over again about the old vs new band. You're constantly telling people how stupid they are for having any faith in this lineup or their abilities to make music.

When I was in NYC you went out of your way to tell me over and over how stupid I was for driving all that way to see GNR. Well guess what guy? Thats YOUR opinion, just like I have mine. It just gets old hearing it over and over from you thats all.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2006, 10:14:01 PM »

It's hard for some people to admit this is guns n roses, partly because you ahve a whole new band playing the material that was made great by the old members, if this gnr just played new material maybe their perception to some would be different.  however at the same time they are guns n roses, their gnr members, and im sure theyre just as dedicated and devoted to the band as the old members.  basically their only competition will be the past.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2006, 02:59:57 AM »

I don't think you're stupid for going to see this band.. The same way you insist on saying this is gnr when I feel it isn't .. Some people can't just switch who they like because they're now in the band.. Did everyone have to think of matt or gilby as gnr because axl hired them ? Do I have to call BH a ex gnr member because he played a few shows with axl under the name..

No one ever said the band wasn't talented, no one ever said they didn't put a great album together, no one ever said they weren't going to make it.. I just said I don't view this as gnr and I find it hard at times when people call it gnr..

I don't just switch up what I like because it's under the same name... For every person that says their friends are looking forward to CD I can say I know people who know shit about this, or their last memory was axl trying to come back at the 2002 vmas but had no voice.. Now this isn't what I believe, but it's what people do.. or that he's using the gnr name without any other member.. I know everyone feels that's cool but I happen to think it's not regardless if it's right legally...

At least I stick to what I enjoy, have some loyalty to what got me interested in gnr.. I'm just not a flavor of the day guy who just loves whoever axl hires.. I'm interested in hearing axl sing the same way I want to hear slash play a solo or izzy or duff... So it is possible for me to be interested in what axl's doing but not consider this gnr in any way shape or form.. The band could change again and I wouldn't care.. I would just know it's not gnr..
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2006, 03:46:10 AM »

But don't forget the music is the most important thing. Even if this is not "Guns N' Roses", at least they are good musicians.

That's true, and that's why I'm patiently waiting for CD. To me this still is Guns n' Roses, it's just another line-up.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: