Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 04:03:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228095 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Being axl said this year why not give a release date at the vmas?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Being axl said this year why not give a release date at the vmas?  (Read 27301 times)
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2006, 01:23:51 PM »

I think I will hold my head in amazment! I'll need to take the day off work just to read the annoucnement hihi

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2006, 01:32:22 PM »

I think I will hold my head in amazment! I'll need to take the day off work just to read the annoucnement hihi

you'll need the day because you'll never be able to log into htgth hihi
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2006, 02:17:05 PM »

Maybe I'm missing something being it's already september.. WHy do you think axl didn't get a litte more in depth about cd and maybe a single..? Why do you think he would waste such great media to not give a month or date?? This year ends dec 31st... I mean there's no way there's no date set already.. I just don't see the point of wasting the 50 times viewed played 24-7 vmas during an interview to not get any deeper about cd.. Cool he said this year as well as oct 24th for the tour but I never understand the reasons for wasting such great publicity.. if he mentions that at the vmas now you have every write up about cd with an official date.. Just never get the point of his lakc of info on key moments..

That would have been tacky and predictable, not to mention expected.  Three things that WAR never sucumbs to.

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2006, 02:21:34 PM »

Maybe I'm missing something being it's already september.. WHy do you think axl didn't get a litte more in depth about cd and maybe a single..? Why do you think he would waste such great media to not give a month or date?? This year ends dec 31st... I mean there's no way there's no date set already.. I just don't see the point of wasting the 50 times viewed played 24-7 vmas during an interview to not get any deeper about cd.. Cool he said this year as well as oct 24th for the tour but I never understand the reasons for wasting such great publicity.. if he mentions that at the vmas now you have every write up about cd with an official date.. Just never get the point of his lakc of info on key moments..

That would have been tacky and predictable, not to mention expected.? Three things that WAR never sucumbs to.

yeah it would have been a disaster, I mean riots cancelled tours waiting forever for one album keeping a band going with no members is all good, but god forbid he mentions the date in an interview crying
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2006, 02:36:59 PM »

We get it Mike, it was a huge mistake not to use that awards show.

Roll Eyes

Just wait until next week, then you can start complaining about the setlist again.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2006, 02:52:39 PM »

I can maybe understand a pinch of scepticism, but why would he say this year if he didn't mean it? The man is obviously not afraid to be the barer of bad news. If it wasn't going to be this year, wouldn't he have just said 'soon' again?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2006, 03:52:08 PM »

Roll Eyes

Just wait until next week, then you can start complaining about the setlist again.? ok

/jarmo
hihi

I don't know why you guys get so mad because of my opinion... of course I bitch about the set list, the band is new but they play mostly old.. If they start playing less and less old then I'll be happy..  I see no reason for a new band to play ten afd songs.. That's just me though..
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2006, 03:56:55 PM »

Roll Eyes

Just wait until next week, then you can start complaining about the setlist again.? ok

/jarmo
hihi

I don't know why you guys get so mad because of my opinion... of course I bitch about the set list, the band is new but they play mostly old.. If they start playing less and less old then I'll be happy..? I see no reason for a new band to play ten afd songs.. That's just me though..

Ofcourse your opinion is yours and you are entitled to it. Not to speak for Jarmo, but I think the point was that we're all aware of you opinons on more then a few subjects. Smiley

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2006, 03:59:33 PM »

Roll Eyes

/jarmo
hihi

I don't know why you guys get so mad because of my opinion... of course I bitch about the set list, the band is new but they play mostly old.. If they start playing less and less old then I'll be happy..? I see no reason for a new band to play ten afd songs.. That's just me though..

Ofcourse your opinion is yours and you are entitled to it. Not to speak for Jarmo, but I think the point was that we're all aware of you opinons on more then a few subjects. Smiley

yeah bro we're all a bunch of characters, I know what people will say before I even get into the topic..  hihi true we're one disfunctional family...
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #89 on: September 04, 2006, 04:14:43 PM »

A family is what we are  beer

I'm sure some brothers and sisters hate my viewpoints on how Brain drums YCBM.

We are all happy that GNR is making some noise now though. Better than complaining that nothing is going on. I'd rather hear complaints about activity rather than complaints about no activity.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2006, 04:44:47 PM »

If I remember right, Axl has said "this year" several times in the past.

"Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?  Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well."

"Although this, the performance at Rock In Rio was the target of some criticizism from Axl. According to him, his voice was not at his best because of lack of sleep and the band needs to adjust the sound to these great shows. The expectations of the band turns now to the new album, 'Chinese Democracy', which will be released in June. The leader guarantees his fans that they will be rewarded for the long wait."

"'Our plan was to have the new album out this year,' Goldstein said."

"People will hear music this year."
"Axl was asked about Chinese Democracy's release and he said 'it is this year'."

In other words, don't believe a word until an official announcement is made by the label.  And even then, don't believe it until you have the album in your hands.  What the hell is he supposed to do, say "No, it's not coming this year.  I don't know when it's coming."?  Then he would have to face all sorts of other questions--  When will it be done?  Why has it taken so long?  All sorts of questions there he would have to answer, and immediately public opinion turns against him because he can't get an album out, or won't get an album out, that Velvet Revolver is better, all that sort of crap that people already love to believe will just get more and more widespread.

Better to say it's coming soon and have to delay it than to not say it's coming at all.  "It is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission."

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #91 on: September 04, 2006, 04:59:36 PM »

This is the first time we have had 2 statements made by Axl about the release date.   "This Fall" on the Trunk Show and "It will be out this year" on the VMA's so I'd say that's the difference then all these years that have passed.  This is the first time without giving a date, Axl has been so positive to say anything.  I am going by that.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Irish rose
Rocker

You're Gonna Die!!

« Reply #92 on: September 04, 2006, 05:10:19 PM »

I think they are waiting to see how axl behaves on the american tour, maybe a few shows in a solid date will be given.....Maybe the label want to gauge the reaction of the fans aswell

"I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich"
KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2006, 05:10:47 PM »

I think those 'Axl quotes' would be worthy of a FOX news broadcast.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2006, 05:56:14 PM »

"Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?? Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well."

"Although this, the performance at Rock In Rio was the target of some criticizism from Axl. According to him, his voice was not at his best because of lack of sleep and the band needs to adjust the sound to these great shows. The expectations of the band turns now to the new album, 'Chinese Democracy', which will be released in June. The leader guarantees his fans that they will be rewarded for the long wait."

"Axl was asked about Chinese Democracy's release and he said 'it is this year'."

people are also forgetting when Axl gave us that press release about Buckethead leaving and said that the he hopes to announce a release date "within the next few months", what year was that? 2003 or 2004?

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2006, 06:07:08 PM »

?

Plus, you forgot 2004 with the statement
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2006, 06:16:31 PM »

"Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?? Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well."

people are also forgetting when Axl gave us that press release about Buckethead leaving and said that the he hopes to announce a release date "within the next few months", what year was that? 2003 or 2004?

So you're helping me re-confirm that Axl has never said "this year" before.....thanks!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2006, 07:23:21 PM »

We have "this year" from Axl and "during the tour" from richard, therefore it'll be released this year during the tour...that's the most detailed info we've ever been given.

We will have the album in under 4 months. Period.

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2006, 08:08:34 PM »

We have "this year" from Axl and "during the tour" from richard, therefore it'll be released this year during the tour...that's the most detailed info we've ever been given.

in 2001 we had the egzact release date anounced.
it was about june 20th

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2006, 09:24:05 AM »

in 2001 we had the egzact release date anounced.
it was about june 20th

so the exact release date was about june 20th? hihi

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: