Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 04:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone regret listening to the leaks now CD seems imminent?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone regret listening to the leaks now CD seems imminent?  (Read 16400 times)
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2006, 12:19:28 PM »

Nope, I don't regret it.  And we still don't really know if it's "immenent" that Chinese Democracy is coming out...  It'll be here when it's on the store shelves.

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2006, 12:21:19 PM »

Axl and management authorised the leaks, no question. The leaked songs are being performed live, hence the reason why they were leaked in the first place. So if your a hardcore fan I see no possibility of avoiding material which is now woven into the fabrice of the live shows, short of burying your head in the sand. Anyway as other posters have mentioned Axl would not be stupid enough to reveal all the supposed big guns before the official release. Having said that though Better is obviously a song that is considerd to be one of the best and many expect it to be releases as a single. I have a sneaky suspicion however that none of the leaked songs will be released as singles, hopefully we will be all blown away by some monster that has yet to revealed and lies dormant. I like a lot of the new material, CD, TWAT, MADI, Better, parts of the BLUES, I think IRS is not the best song ever and as much as I like BETTER I would honestly be very dissapointed if this was one of the strongest singles on the album, Im hoping that theres half an album that wev'e yet to hear which lives up to the mysical hoorah surrounding CD.

You forgot Catcher In The Rye.......that is an excellent song to me.....you make some good points though.....I think the leaks were intentional too.....think their playing MOST of them only because they were leaked?.....neither do I...... peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2006, 12:23:48 PM »

CITR wasn't the same source as the other 3...that was prolly the biggest surprise for everybody including the hardcore collectors Shocked

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2006, 12:29:08 PM »

i dont regret at all! I have had the best time together with better!! So i dont even think about it!
 ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2006, 12:30:54 PM »

CITR wasn't the same source as the other 3...that was prolly the biggest surprise for everybody including the hardcore collectors Shocked

Yeah.....that was a surprise....also, am I the only one who has an old instrumental version of TWAT.....? The song is a lot heavier and it sounds like a new gnr INSTRUMENTAL...this is NOT BULLSHIT.......If no one has it, I'll get it off of my home computer and let you guys have a listen it on Monday if that's cool.....I have never seen it discussed.....It is either fake, GNR but not TWAT, or they changed the song completely..... peace

masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2006, 12:32:51 PM »

IM me.  Grin

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #106 on: September 22, 2006, 12:34:39 PM »

Yeah.....that was a surprise....also, am I the only one who has an old instrumental version of TWAT.....? The song is a lot heavier and it sounds like a new gnr INSTRUMENTAL...this is NOT BULLSHIT.......If no one has it, I'll get it off of my home computer and let you guys have a listen it on Monday if that's cool.....I have never seen it discussed.....It is either fake, GNR but not TWAT, or they changed the song completely..... peace

yeah nobody really cared when the instrumentals leaked....or whoever leaked them didn't make as big of deal about it.... or, most likely, the mods were just too good by the time those leaked hihi

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2006, 12:41:41 PM »

yeah nobody really cared when the instrumentals leaked....or whoever leaked them didn't make as big of deal about it.... or, most likely, the mods were just too good by the time those leaked hihi

Most of the instrumentals or all were fake....but this one really sounds like GNR.....I got it off WINMX in 2002 thinking it is bullshit but then I listened to it and said.."this has to be GNR"...

chris75
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2006, 12:47:31 PM »

I think many posters on this board and fans the world over were becoming moribund mules. The leaks infused the legions of hardcore fans and gave them something tangible and concrete, they filled a perenial stop gap and gave us a chance to learn the lyrics before the tour Grin For me this was a seriously needed appertiser that if not served could have spoiled the main meal, absoloutely neccassary and your damm right im glad I heard them.
melissa
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2006, 12:55:09 PM »

I don't regret it. New songs have given me hopes [that a new album is on its way, no matter when...]
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2006, 01:06:38 PM »

In no way do I regret listening to them.  I've been waiting for a long time to hear new stuff and I finally go to.   peace
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2006, 01:30:46 PM »

I absolutely do.

Had I known this really was the time, I would've never listened to any of the leaked songs.

Although the leaks are amazing and I now know Chinese Democracy will be one of the greatest albums ever, It kinda saddens me to think that I've already spoiled half the album.

Anyone else have regrets?

No
gav
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2006, 01:37:57 PM »

Look, we have no way of knowing when (if?) this album will ever drop. So do I regret listening to new gnr material? Do I fuck-ers-like!  Cool
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2006, 01:38:24 PM »

jeje rofl hihi rofl hihi, inminent?
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2006, 01:39:11 PM »

CD seems inminent? jejejajajijijojo!!!! rofl hihi rofl hihi rofl
Chief
Legend

« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2006, 01:40:15 PM »

I don't regret it and i didn't even listen to all of the leaks.  it was great not really knowing Better when i first heard it live.. i Love that kinda stuff!!!

anyway, to keep the songs fresher i hardly listen to them these days because i know I could easily get oversaturated.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Annie
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2006, 05:27:27 PM »

No i don't.
Bono
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2006, 06:42:06 PM »

I don't regret listening to them one single bit.  You have to listen to them because with these guys you have no idea when the album is ever gonna come out. With normal bands you can hold off listening to the leaks because you know the album is coming out.  Had I knwn theat Chinese Democracy was coming out the fiurst week in June I would never have listened to the leaks. Not knowing when the album is coming out is my reasoning for listenning. Too bad the songs aren't nearly as good as I  had hoped they'd be. Though they are just demos so I'll wait and see.
nooz
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2006, 12:18:04 PM »

Nope no regrets I have not listened to the first one...Patience...Waited this long what the f.
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2006, 12:36:21 PM »

I don't regret it. I'm sure that it was kinda planned by the band. Giving us some demo of new songs that they were gonna played live so we can enjoy them better during the show Cool Thanks to them Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: