Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:35:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone regret listening to the leaks now CD seems imminent?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone regret listening to the leaks now CD seems imminent?  (Read 16476 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2006, 02:02:05 PM »

Well even if something was added it's still similar to the leak so..
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2006, 02:02:37 PM »

The songs arent gonna sound that much different, the quality is gonna be much much better, and that will make a world of a difference. Better is almost identical to the leak. I.R.S is the most different with the new intro, new guitar solo, and the keyboards. TWAT is the same except with a new intro, maybe the drums will be there during Robin's solo, but that isnt different anyway cause they were there in the '99 demo. All the songs have changed a little bit with the exception of Better in my opinion.

With that said, I aint complaining. I like all the changes in the songs. They all kick ass and the record will be worth it to me, and thats all that matters, is if I like the record. Cant wait.  drool
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 02:04:18 PM by ChineseTwAt » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2006, 02:44:23 PM »

Nope.

The new songs aren't as good as I hoped... but im still lookin forward to CD.

Same here. But TWAT and Better are really good songs and IRS is a good one, too  ok

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2006, 02:46:53 PM »

I absolutely do.

Had I known this really was the time, I would've never listened to any of the leaked songs.

Although the leaks are amazing and I now know Chinese Democracy will be one of the greatest albums ever, It kinda saddens me to think that I've already spoiled half the album.

Anyone else have regrets?

I sure as hell Don't. Cuz i think the songs we've heard so far from this album (live and leaked) arent really the "BIG GUNS".. i mean would Axl really let his best tracks leak? idonttinkso.

gawd, i cant wait to hear "prostitute" . . .

From what Axl said to Rolling Stone Magazine, we have heard what he considers his "big guns." In the interview, Axl was asked which songs he liked the most and he named The Blues, Better and TWAT. So, according to Axl's taste, we have heard the best material that he and the band have written from their ten years of being couped-up in a studio.

I think you are putting together two pieces of information and assuming they are connected. Maddie, Blues, Rhiad, and CD were not considered big guns. Axl in no way said that Better and TWAT were the big guns; he merely said that they were his favorites at the time.  It was in no way an indication of the quality of the remaining setlist. Prostitute and This I Love have been considered to be very strong tracks in their own right.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2006, 02:50:54 PM »

One thing is for sure, the recording quality of the sound will be the best of all the Gn'R albums released so far due to modern technology. AFD is the poorest recorded Gn'R album of them all, with TSPI? being the best. I'm not saying the new material will be better though.

The album may even be recorded 5.1 surround sound for full on versions of the epic tracks such as the Blues? beer
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 02:52:38 PM by codenameninja » Logged
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2006, 02:56:21 PM »

I don't think Axl would have released all of his 'big guns' before the album. I think there's much more to come.

As I said before how the songs fit together could be important therefore I wouldn't be surprised if he holds several big guns back for a future releases.

Finally, there is often big divide over what people's favorite songs are, therefore whilst Better might be one persons favorite song the remaining songs on the album maybe more to other fans tastes

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2006, 03:13:12 PM »

Maddie

Anybody who calls the song "Maddie" needs to be taken to a Bullet For My Valentine concert.  Tongue

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2006, 03:16:42 PM »

I agree, I hate seeing the song called maddie, its Madagascar.  As for hearing 7 of the 13 tracks that supposedly will be on CD, definitely wont make it boring when the CD comes out.  Hearing mastered versions of these songs will be unreal, although it'll be tough to top Better, I think its awesome just the way it is.  But after hearing the 06 versions of CD, Blues and Madagascar, the mastered versions will be unreal.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2006, 04:22:32 PM »

Maddie

Anybody who calls the song "Maddie" needs to be taken to a Bullet For My Valentine concert.  Tongue

hihi

/jarmo

Did you think that sitting through their opening set had no ill effects on the brain?  I hear that Mr. Intensity is now prone to seizures and requires cub scouts to feed him on occasion. I got off relatively lucky.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2006, 04:27:40 PM »

I tell you, Madagascar will probably sound HUGE. There are tons of guitar subtilities that we will hear clearer than ever on the record.
The 2006 version is a little bit different, Fortus has added his touch on the chorus guitar riff, and it sounds better. They also cut the the hip-hop beats when the speech arrive. Once again, another improvement. all those minor details, when you add them, song by song, improve the quality of the new tracks.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 04:34:51 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2006, 04:38:52 PM »

Were all those quotes in Madagascar there when it was played live recently? I think the song relies on them too much.

The whole thing, I don't know. I don't like it too much.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2006, 04:40:35 PM »

I hope the quotes are not in the final version, but since theyve been there since the beginning they ll probably be on the CD.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2006, 04:43:48 PM »

I hope the quotes are not in the final version, but since theyve been there since the beginning they ll probably be on the CD.

That would suck. But if they are still there it would make sense. Taking them out when live would work better. Waiting for the answer to my qestion.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2006, 04:54:56 PM »

For me the quotes are the best part...

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2006, 05:44:30 PM »

I honestly dont believe we have heard the Big Guns yet.

Just because they are Axl's favorites doesnt mean they are the Big Guns.

A lot of artists sometimes despise their biggest songs and their favs are sometimes the more personal type songs.

So just cause those are his favorites, that doesnt mean they are the best.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2006, 11:03:26 AM »

I've heard the new songs once or twice... Except Better. I wanna keep 'em fresh for the album.

That song rocks so much, I listen to it all the time. "So bittersweet this tragedy..." Oh my god, I almost cry when Axl sings that on the live versions that can be found on Youtube.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2006, 11:24:50 AM »

i kinda regret it but i don't listen to them barely ever so it's not as bad as some people i know they listened to them like a bazillion times...i'm still torn as to whether i'll dl more if they surface...i prolly will then regret it later hihi

I managed to hold out listening to the whole new black label society album a week before its release so I imagine i may DL it then keep it safe and not listen to it...especially if there is a concrete release date...if "concrete" can be used in terms of GnR hihi

Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2006, 11:28:17 AM »

I don't care who you are....anyone who says that they wouldn't have listened to the leaks is full of shit....You might say that....you might feel like you are able to not listen.....but this is GNR after 13 fucking years of nothing. It is easier to say now.....I don't care if they HAD a release date announced in March during the leaks for CD to come out in July......Eventually you would have yourself a nice listen....it is human nature. It is nothing to be ashamed of....it is an addiction and it is beautiful. LOVE IT WITH NO REGRETS........ peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2006, 11:31:45 AM »

oh i have heard them I prolly listened to IRS the most cuz i was trying to help figure out lyrics but i bet i havent heard the others more than a dozen times total...irs maybe 2 dozen times at most

chris75
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2006, 12:17:44 PM »

Axl and management authorised the leaks, no question. The leaked songs are being performed live, hence the reason why they were leaked in the first place. So if your a hardcore fan I see no possibility of avoiding material which is now woven into the fabrice of the live shows, short of burying your head in the sand. Anyway as other posters have mentioned Axl would not be stupid enough to reveal all the supposed big guns before the official release. Having said that though Better is obviously a song that is considerd to be one of the best and many expect it to be releases as a single. I have a sneaky suspicion however that none of the leaked songs will be released as singles, hopefully we will be all blown away by some monster that has yet to revealed and lies dormant. I like a lot of the new material, CD, TWAT, MADI, Better, parts of the BLUES, I think IRS is not the best song ever and as much as I like BETTER I would honestly be very dissapointed if this was one of the strongest singles on the album, Im hoping that theres half an album that wev'e yet to hear which lives up to the mysical hoorah surrounding CD.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: