Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:30:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone regret listening to the leaks now CD seems imminent?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone regret listening to the leaks now CD seems imminent?  (Read 16466 times)
Eternal Flaming Sword of Death...
Rocker

What happened?

« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2006, 08:27:40 AM »

no regrets....no new material in ten years, hell, yeah I am gonna download...

1. I think Axl ok'd the leaks.....c'mon, people,

2. there is no guarantee that you will EVER see the album, it's been promised before, by Axl.....

I am curious, if it doesnt come out will you be sitting here saying "does anyone regret NOT downloading the leaks?" ?besides, they are just demos anyway, 2 of them were different live anyways, and Madagascar, the Blues and Chinese Democracy are different everytime they start a new tour. Don't worry, the album, if it comes, will be a surprise.

Behold, the evil that men do...
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2006, 08:30:18 AM »

No, why?
It's like a pep talk before a game. Now we're more charged and ready as ever.  Wink

Fuck 'Em All.
robinfinckfan
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2006, 08:50:32 AM »

no regrets....no new material in ten years, hell, yeah I am gonna download...

1. I think Axl ok'd the leaks.....c'mon, people,

confidentiality contracts, not 1 studio leak of original material in what? 15 years and those magicaly appear, you really don't think axl didn't know anything? please elaborate...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2006, 09:41:10 AM »

I can't say I regret downloading the songs at the time, because I was so anxious to hear new songs like everyone else here. I mean, I freakin LOVE this band like no other, so any new material that surfaced after waiting so long, I just had to hear!

It is a bit of a shame if the album comes out and I already know half the songs, but I think hearing studio versions of Maddy, Blues and CD will make me VERY happy regardless beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2006, 09:43:07 AM »

I regret listening to a degree but if I didn't hear them I would have been even more impatient.. The con is I am tired of a bunch of the songs already so cd won't be as fresh for me..
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2006, 10:26:44 AM »

You know I am beginning to think that the right selection of tracks for the album will be critical to its success. There is a lot of variety to the new songs we've heard, and getting the right mix maybe more difficult than we appreciate. Whilst cretain songs maybe stonger, they may not fit in so to speak and are therefore being reserved for future releases.

the right selection really could be a tricky one. just an example: although i totally like each song, uyi 1 isn't really coherent (especially the first half). first don't cry, then perfect crime, you ain't the first, bad obsession... i mean, what did they think? i can't see a continous thread.
in 2006 GnR/Axl will be judged even by that since the expectations from fans/media are somewhere between 'awesome as hell' and 'it'll sound like shit'.

nonetheless... i (still) can't wait Wink

anyone else thinks - after a release date is set - he/she'll won't d/l before the release?

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2006, 10:58:40 AM »

I absolutely do.

Had I known this really was the time, I would've never listened to any of the leaked songs.

Although the leaks are amazing and I now know Chinese Democracy will be one of the greatest albums ever, It kinda saddens me to think that I've already spoiled half the album.

Anyone else have regrets?

I have no regrets, the leaks are good. Besides, while now might be the time, it also might not be the time  hihi
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2006, 10:59:01 AM »

I didn't read this whole thread, but the one thing I worry about is: What if one of these leaks is the best song on "Democracy?" I might be a little disappointed if I've already heard the new CD's best track.  drool

codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2006, 11:03:10 AM »

I didn't read this whole thread, but the one thing I worry about is: What if one of these leaks is the best song on "Democracy?" I might be a little disappointed if I've already heard the new CD's best track.? drool

I have that feeling too. I cannot imagine for one minute there will be better songs than better, the blue, TWAT, IRS, Madagascar. The other songs just might be fillers. Then again, woudln't it be amazing if there were better songs than the ones we have heard.

I'm looking forward to hearing the tracks that never made it onto CD. The tracks that might appear in the future on a CD2 or CD3? Smiley
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 11:12:10 AM by codenameninja » Logged
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2006, 11:09:53 AM »

i m waiting the "final" version of the songs...

i m sure that they will be amazing and way better than the leaked versions.

i m sure that the final versions will blast everything.

Maybe The album will be a double album like UYI1 & 2 ...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 11:12:04 AM by MrBrOwNsToNeR » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2006, 01:26:21 PM »

final versions tweaked here and there aren't going to make me want to listen to the song even more.. Things that suck about leaks are you play them way to much adn you get bored, so instead of cd being fresh you get 6 songs you're tired of already..
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2006, 01:39:14 PM »

No, not at all. The final tracks will sound vastly different, anyway.
robinfinckfan
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2006, 01:41:05 PM »

final versions tweaked here and there aren't going to make me want to listen to the song even more.. Things that suck about leaks are you play them way to much adn you get bored, so instead of cd being fresh you get 6 songs you're tired of already..

well that's nobodies fault but our own. 
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2006, 01:41:14 PM »

This is exactly my concern too. I would have no problems with the leaks being a part of the album....if they album was 30 songs long. If it's 13 or 14 songs and we've already got 1/2 of them, it would be a little dissapointing. If he puts only a couple of them on it, it would be much , much better.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2006, 01:42:18 PM »

How different could irs twat ot better be? It'll still be the same song ?basically maybe some sound effects or drumming added
COMAMOTIVE  true man

Also not everyone loves every song, so you lose a few either way..
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2006, 01:44:36 PM »

I doubt it. The live versions were trying to sound as close to the leaks as possible. Thus the leaks represent near complete versions of the songs. I cannot imagine the band playing versions of old leaks just to the fool the fans? hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2006, 01:46:11 PM »

Yeah I mean people the live versions of the songs are the way they should sound on record ,maybe slightly different cause you can't recreate every peep and pop live..
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2006, 01:50:00 PM »

How different could irs twat ot better be? It'll still be the same song  basically maybe some sound effects or drumming added
COMAMOTIVE true man

Also not everyone loves every song, so you lose a few either way..

they changed quite a bit more than just some additional drumming or soundeffects...  look at IRS for example...  there`s a new solo, a new intro and the sound of the song in general changed (ie. orchestration/ the keyboards were dropped/ piano/ different outro...... or twat, they didn`t change the structure of the song or the lyrics or anything like that (which is perfect anyways imo...), it`s just the details..  the chorus is heavier (which sounds a lot better now), the intro changed and they added drums to robin`s solo (which are clearly missing in the demo version.....)

but the most important aspect is the quality... i seriously can`t enjoy listening to the leaks, because of the crappy qualitiy....

i can`t wait for the final versions ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2006, 01:51:54 PM »

Personally, I've had months of enjoyment from the tracks and don't regret listening.  My only regret is not trading 'nightcrawler' for a few more demos to listen to, but it's past that point now.   hihi

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2006, 01:52:40 PM »

I m sure that the Final versions will sound really different than the leaked ones.

wait and hear.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: