Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 06:24:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Anyone regret listening to the leaks now CD seems imminent?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone regret listening to the leaks now CD seems imminent?  (Read 16440 times)
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2006, 01:47:29 AM »

There is a certain freshness you acquire when you listen to a song the first couple times. THe more you listen to it, the freshness goes away.

I regret listening to Better, because I miss the freshness of it. I listened to the song played backwards and since it was completely different, yet similar at the same time, I felt that freshness again. But who knows, maybe I'm crazay....
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2006, 02:07:09 AM »

i don't regret listening the leaks

but, if someone official said: "ok, a few demos of new songs are out but we want you not to listen to them because we have a whole european tour and then the album is definitely 100% coming out this year" maybe i wouldn't listen to them. but then i would download the bootlegs and i would hear the new songs anyway.

it takes away part of the surprise when cd comes out but i can live with that.

and people listened to the leaks because in the world of gnr nothing is carved in stone and it could end tomorrow just like that and we'd never get the chance to hear any of those songs.

Steel_Angel
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2006, 02:08:41 AM »

I absolutely do.

Had I known this really was the time, I would've never listened to any of the leaked songs.

Although the leaks are amazing and I now know Chinese Democracy will be one of the greatest albums ever, It kinda saddens me to think that I've already spoiled half the album.

Anyone else have regrets?

I sure as hell Don't. Cuz i think the songs we've heard so far from this album (live and leaked) arent really the "BIG GUNS".. i mean would Axl really let his best tracks leak? idonttinkso.

gawd, i cant wait to hear "prostitute" . . .
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 02:10:54 AM by frozen inferno » Logged
Mr_Brownface
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2006, 02:23:17 AM »

When you listen to Better, does it remind you of winter? and snow?  Cuz when I first heard it like snow was still falling.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2006, 04:23:51 AM »

am i the only one not really digging into "better"? Huh
I just like the outro but that's it. The rest of the song sounds too "metallish" to me (both rythm and lead)... I don't know...
I also think it lacks structure and coherence, it's all over the place but at the end this is not really coherent. and all this useless guitar shred and unproper transitions...not good. Where's the flow of the old material?
I hope it will not be the 1st single.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 05:21:36 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2006, 04:30:54 AM »

I don't regret listening to it. I enjoy them every time I hear them. Especially Better, love that voice and Finck's outro.  Cheesy The schredding parts doesn't strike me as special or anything, but there are allot of people who do like that. So there's best of both worlds. That is what I like about the current Guns N' Roses. This band is versatile and there's something to enjoy for all.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 05:20:51 AM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2006, 04:52:08 AM »

Nope.

The new songs aren't as good as I hoped... but im still lookin forward to CD.

gnrevolution.com
badapple81
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2006, 04:57:17 AM »

I just like the outro but that's it. The rest of the song sounds too "metallish" to me (both rythm and lead)... I don't know...
I also think it lacks structure and coherence, it's all over the place but at the end this is not really coherent.

I think you are the only one. The song kicks ass.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2006, 05:02:38 AM »

I also think it lacks structure and coherence, it's all over the place but at the end this is not really coherent.

Naw I agree with him somewhat. Some people treat Better like the second coming of Christ (I did the first time I heard it.. but it was mostly excitement over hearing new material.)

It's a good song.. but it's not THAT good.

gnrevolution.com
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2006, 05:09:11 AM »

Naw I agree with him somewhat. Some people treat Better like the second coming of Christ (I did the first time I heard it.. but it was mostly excitement over hearing new material.)

It's a good song.. but it's not THAT good.

Yeah. You know I was in holidays this summer, I listened to "better" on my MP3 Player... but after a couple of listens I went back listening to the
87-93 erea material. No need to say more. It means what it means...

Origen
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2006, 05:10:20 AM »

If you went to a concert this year or have listened to bootles then you have heard all the leaks being played live anyway (with exception of citr)

I don't "regret" listening to them and I still won't just because the length of time the album has taken, the album we still don't have.
badapple81
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2006, 05:11:32 AM »

Agree to disagree then because the song is amazing as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway soon we'll hear them all.
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2006, 06:03:43 AM »

I absolutely do.

Had I known this really was the time, I would've never listened to any of the leaked songs.

Although the leaks are amazing and I now know Chinese Democracy will be one of the greatest albums ever, It kinda saddens me to think that I've already spoiled half the album.

Anyone else have regrets?

I sure as hell Don't. Cuz i think the songs we've heard so far from this album (live and leaked) arent really the "BIG GUNS".. i mean would Axl really let his best tracks leak? idonttinkso.

gawd, i cant wait to hear "prostitute" . . .

From what Axl said to Rolling Stone Magazine, we have heard what he considers his "big guns." In the interview, Axl was asked which songs he liked the most and he named The Blues, Better and TWAT. So, according to Axl's taste, we have heard the best material that he and the band have written from their ten years of being couped-up in a studio.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2006, 06:15:25 AM »

what's the reason?

I decided I'd heard enough to keep me happy and didn't need another leak to spoil another song on the album Wink
Shiryu
Headliner

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2006, 06:17:44 AM »

Not at all, they were just demos remember, which were great already. So it'll be fun to see how they made them even greater drool drool drool

Kannon.

*We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!*
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2006, 06:26:13 AM »

regreting it? yes and no. yes, cause now i know almost half of the new album (if they end up being on it). and no, cause the tracks are fucking awesome.

and to ge ta lil bit of topic, since some say it's no a4d or uyi.

a4d sounds different than lies, than uyi 1 & 2 that tsi. and CD will sound different again! that's the good thing about axl, he doesn't copy himself.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2006, 06:46:18 AM »

a4d sounds different than lies, than uyi 1 & 2 that tsi. and CD will sound different again! that's the good thing about axl, he doesn't copy himself.

I agree. Some of the songs we have heard so far maybe reminiscent of old guns songs, but I think CD will sound very diffrent to the old albums.

And the fact I currently listen to the newer songs as much as if not more than the old ones means that it has every chance of standing up to the older albums IMO.

You know I am beginning to think that the right selection of tracks for the album will be critical to its success. There is a lot of variety to the new songs we've heard, and getting the right mix maybe more difficult than we appreciate. Whilst cretain songs maybe stonger, they may not fit in so to speak and are therefore being reserved for future releases.

Here today...ready to rock
flynn666
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2006, 08:04:02 AM »

hey don't ever post here but this thread and some of the posts in it got me thinking

some of you guys said you thought axl knew about the leaks and another said we were serious fans so could'nt help but download and listen to them

ever thought that maybe axl released these "leaks" as a treat and a bit of test of the water for the tour and stuff knowing that we download and discuss it all for him to read, after all we know he at least used to read the forums after him mentioning the names at rock in rio. maybe it was his way of letting the fans in on what was coming knowing the diehard fans would be at the concerts able to sing along and get into these new tunes??

just a thought but you never know
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2006, 08:05:58 AM »

It depends on if the studio versions is better or not. Of course the quality will be better, but maybe the song itself isn't better.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2006, 08:26:11 AM »

- IRS: will be Rock monster. When I heard this song live, there was a kind of "wall of sound", powerfull and energetic as hell. Groovy.
- Catcher in the Rye: The most underrated demo because it was leaked into the wrong pitch/speed. When we get the real deal, believe me, it's gonna be one of the favourite's Guns N' Roses song for many people... and I'll be among the 1st ones.
- TWAT: I have no idea about this one because The bad mix/sound quality make it sound like a mess. I need a proper sound and a proper mix to judge it. I can hear the enormous potencial though.
- The Blues: already a classic.
- Madagascar: very good song. The studio version may become a classic, we will see that.
- Chinese Democracy: good Rock song. The 06 version is better. I love the new intro.
- better: The Outro saves the song for me. Contrary to many people, I'm not mad about that one. It bores me quickly. Way too many "metalish" influences and shred/fast guitar playing to me. Lack of structure. incoherent songwriting. It's like a song in different pieces, like an incomplete puzzle. Unproper transitions. The Chorus needs double voices and/or backing vocals to be stronger. My biggest wory is about the guitar playing it's... well... "blah". Where are the magic and subtilities of the Slash bluesy-Rock guitar playing? Where is the Classic-Rock vibe and sound? The answer is simple: in GN'R 87-93 there was a guitar-hero,? in GN'R 2006 there is not. That's it. I can hear it in that song. Not bad, but not my favourite one.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 08:45:05 AM by nesquick » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: