Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:43:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Conspiracy Theory Axl + The Killers = U.S Tour
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Conspiracy Theory Axl + The Killers = U.S Tour  (Read 5930 times)
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 04:58:59 PM »

Its not really much of a conspiracy...

Anyway, the killers are indie pish.  They are not fit to tie the shoelaces of any Guns member, past or present (even Paul Huge, that;s how pish they are).

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 05:28:30 PM »

Last thing about Oasis, just my last words, just watch that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9gSqF0l-dw
they performed on the biggest French musical TV show, just watch that, and you'll understand why they would be the best band to tour with GN'R. That is Rock n' Roll music.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 09:10:05 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 05:35:46 PM »

Oasis is the best band to come along since GnR for sure. Noel and Liam don't take any shit, just like Axl. I think the 3 of them would get along great, and Oasis would have no problem going on first either. Oasis toured with the Black Crowes, and they went on first every night.? Oasis has a greatest hits album coming out in Novemeber, and i'm sure Axl could persuade them to come to North America and play a few shows. I'd love to see Liam and Axl sing Rock N Roll Star or Cigs and Alcohol together.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 06:22:50 PM by Mattattack » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 06:23:33 PM »

Last thing about Oasis, just my last words, just watch that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9gSqF0l-dw
they performed on the biggest French musical TV show, just watch that, and you'll understand why they would be the best band to tour with GN'R. That is Rock n' Roll music. just a LOUD musical orgasm (they sound loud - pure Gibson Rock)

That's.. nothing to do with Guns N' Roses really is it? It's just trying to make people like Oasis.
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 06:27:36 PM »

Guns could join them at Madison Square Garden on the 24th October I suppose.

But seeing as they booked it first as their gig, would people here be happy to see Guns playing 8 songs as a support act for the Killers?

Guns booked a show at MSG on 10/24/06?
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2006, 06:29:02 PM »

Oasis is the best band to come along since GnR for sure. Noel and Liam don't take any shit, just like Axl. I think the 3 of them would get along great, and Oasis would have no problem going on first either. Oasis toured with the Black Crowes, and they went on first every night.  Oasis has a greatest hits album coming out in Novemeber, and i'm sure Axl could persuade them to come to North America and play a few shows. I'd love to see Liam and Axl sing Rock N Roll Star or Cigs and Alcohol together.

Axl and Liam singing together???  Now you're fucking dreaming.  Even those two bands touring together will only happen in your dreams. Don't get me wrong, it would be the best tour in years, in my opinion, but it just won't ever happen.  Oasis are done touring this year anyway.  They haven't even decided if they will do ANYTHING in 2007 yet.  Great idea though, very fucking great idea.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2006, 06:32:17 PM »

Guns could join them at Madison Square Garden on the 24th October I suppose.

But seeing as they booked it first as their gig, would people here be happy to see Guns playing 8 songs as a support act for the Killers?

Guns booked a show at MSG on 10/24/06?

The Killers booked two shows at the MADISON SQUARE GARDEN-THEATRE. I'm thinking that's not the same as MSG.  They are playing theatres and auditoriums at the start of this tour.  Plus, there is no way in hell they could play two nights in a row at Madison Square Garden.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2006, 07:19:03 PM »

the killers have a few suprise vegas shows booked

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
IREEKOFAWESUMNES
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2006, 09:23:06 PM »

i dont care if i get shit for this...in my opinion, oasis fucking suck...theyre one of those bands where i simply just dont get it...to each his own, but if they toured with gnr im sure thatd be reason to raise ticket prices, and lets be honest im gonna go see gnr no matter whos with them, but theres TONS of bands id rather see opening for gnr than these losers including the killers who i actually like
robinfinckfan
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2006, 09:26:53 PM »

i dont care if i get shit for this...in my opinion, oasis fucking suck...theyre one of those bands where i simply just dont get it...to each his own, but if they toured with gnr im sure thatd be reason to raise ticket prices, and lets be honest im gonna go see gnr no matter whos with them, but theres TONS of bands id rather see opening for gnr than these losers including the killers who i actually like

dude...your being very undude

Oasis kicks ass and seeing them open for gnr  would make me open my wallet and spend lots of moolah
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2006, 09:59:54 PM »

All these people who hate Oasis are similar to all the people who hate GnR. They never complain about the music, they just complain that Noel, Liam, and Axl are assholes, and that's why they hate their respective bands.
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2006, 10:57:24 PM »

I don't think Guns N' Roses and The Killer will be on the same tour this fall. The Killers already have dates set for this fall. 

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2006, 08:57:53 AM »

I don't know how any guns fans can not like Oasis! Noel is one of the most gifted songwriters since John & Paul. Lyrically he's no way as deep as Axl, but he has been responsible for some of the greatest songs of the last decade. Anyone who doesn't like wonderwall or live forever is a liar. Liam is the only singer that gets anywhere near Axl  vocally as far as I'm concerned.

If Oasis could support gnr it would be mega! They would be able to do a long set (to plug their upcoming g hits) & could wow the US crowd with the classics & finish @ a late hour to enable Axl to do his regular 10-11pm arrival. It would be a winner for all concerned.

Someone get Merck to sort this out!
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2006, 09:05:24 AM »

Liam is the only singer that gets anywhere near Axl  vocally as far as I'm concerned.

aw C'mon man, that's rediculous. Liam has nothing on Axl vocally.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2006, 09:07:51 AM »

Someone get Merck to sort this out!
I hope Mysteron will read that. I asked if an Oasis/GN'R Tour was possible a while ago on Sp1at, but Bigboss and Gigger told me they are too big to tour together and that it will never happen, it's an impossible dream etc... but I still think it's possible, I'm sure it is. never say never. GN'R managemnt has nothing to loose to contact the Oasis Management. In the worst case it will be a "no" answer, but at least they would have tried it, for many fans.
I know many people who would shit their pants if this Tour ever happens, even for a couple of shows.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »

Anyone who doesn't like wonderwall or live forever is a liar.

or a straight man.

Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2006, 09:36:28 AM »

Anyone who doesn't like wonderwall or live forever is a liar.

or a straight man.

What a well balanced and well thought out mature answer  Roll Eyes

I guess that makes Axl gay then according to your logic ?

Do a bit of research & see how well respected and admired Oasis are from their peers. Artists from Paul McCartney to Dave Grohl have all admitted in the past that they wished they wrote some oasis songs.
CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2006, 01:13:19 PM »

Liam is the only singer that gets anywhere near Axl  vocally as far as I'm concerned.

i agree. i mean, i like oasis fairly well, but if i had to write down my #1 gripe about them, it'd be liam's voice. to say he's the only singer that approaches axl is laughable. there are a whole lot of other singers who are better than liam, but still not as good as axl Smiley
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2006, 01:31:29 PM »

Liam doesn't have the range that Axl has, but he has a unique, instanly recognizable voice. How many singers have instanly recognizable voices these days, not too many. GnR management should get on it and try and arrange some dates with Oasis in the fall. I can't wait to hear Stop The Clocks.
Seymour_Duncan
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2006, 01:43:50 PM »

Liam is the only singer that gets anywhere near Axl? vocally as far as I'm concerned.

i agree. i mean, i like oasis fairly well, but if i had to write down my #1 gripe about them, it'd be liam's voice. to say he's the only singer that approaches axl is laughable. there are a whole lot of other singers who are better than liam, but still not as good as axl Smiley

The same argument could be used against Axl. A lot of people dislike guns because they could say Axl's voice sounds weird. All to individual taste. Liam, like Axl has a really distinctive voice. When you hear either Liam or Axl sing you know exactly who it is straight away. No other singers get close, all other music these days is either some lame arsed college band or some effeminate singer/songwriter.

Btw how about naming some of these singers then Wink. I can't recall any other vocalists with such distinct voices!

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: