Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:43:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Conspiracy Theory Axl + The Killers = U.S Tour
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Conspiracy Theory Axl + The Killers = U.S Tour  (Read 5929 times)
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« on: September 01, 2006, 05:20:07 PM »

Hey Guy's

? ?Been coming in for a while to the board I like to read the messages but don't usually post much. Been reading the main page news for years.

? ?Just thinking about something interesting with all that has been going on the past 24-48 hrs.

? Isn't it sort of interesting that Axl would meet the guys from The Killers about a week ago just to introduce them on the VMA's ?

? Do you guy's think there is a possibility that they could have been talking about The Killlers opening up the shows for the U.S tour ?. I think it would be an awsome bill and a smart decision on the part of the GN'R camp, (not only are they a new + popular band for younger fans and to draw in new fans) they are one of the few new bands that I as a diehard from the beginning... would consider good as well.

Let the Shit Storm begin Grin

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 05:23:35 PM »

Guns could join them at Madison Square Garden on the 24th October I suppose.

But seeing as they booked it first as their gig, would people here be happy to see Guns playing 8 songs as a support act for the Killers?
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 07:08:39 PM »

seeing them open for guns would be cool, but i have a feeling baz is going to get the opening slot. i think he deserves it for the help he gave axl during the tour and NYC.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
phreakofnature
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 07:10:25 PM »

the Killers are from Las Vegas, maybe they will open for GnR when they are here. Maybe that will justify the $150 ticket price lol.
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 07:10:28 PM »

I wondered about that -- it would be cool, but probably not a good match. 
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 07:13:56 PM »

the killers are already going on their own headlining tour with evanesence.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 07:29:53 PM »

Sad to say, but I think the Killers would be a bigger draw at this point, hence the idea of openning for GNR probably wouldn't fly unless it was a one-off event.

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 07:32:10 PM »

The Killers and Evanescence? Wow.

I think GNR should forget all about touring in the US until they release some material!
Sizzle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 07:35:38 PM »

I think GNR should forget all about touring in the US until they release some material!

I think I should be paid ?1,000,000 a year but it ain't gonna happen...
busngabb
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 07:39:49 PM »

I think I should be paid ?1,000,000 a year but it ain't gonna happen...

Why not? My Grandma always said that everyone has a talent.

Rob a security van once a year and you're laughing. Or create a website idea no one has thought of? Easy money!
CDesigner
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 12:20:08 AM »

oh i would poop my pants with glee if the killers opened for the warfield date i'm going to. it's not going to happen, but it'd be AMAZING.
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2006, 07:24:20 AM »

Yeah,

I Didn't know The killers already had a tour booked I thought it was just a few odd dates. Guess I got ahead of myself with all the excitment.  hihi

I love Baz, and am a big Skids fan, with Guns the 2 of them were my bands back then and Guns of course still are, Baz does deserve the slot, obviously he's helping Axl out alot with his voice.... but I think a 2nd opening act ie. popular band would be good to get the newer/younger crowd to the gigs. Those fans are the ones that will push Guns back to the top.

Cheers

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2006, 07:33:09 AM »

Yeah,

I Didn't know The killers already had a tour booked I thought it was just a few odd dates. Guess I got ahead of myself with all the excitment.  hihi

I love Baz, and am a big Skids fan, with Guns the 2 of them were my bands back then and Guns of course still are, Baz does deserve the slot, obviously he's helping Axl out alot with his voice.... but I think a 2nd opening act ie. popular band would be good to get the newer/younger crowd to the gigs. Those fans are the ones that will push Guns back to the top.

Cheers

Bachs album will be out very soon I believe. I'm pretty sure we'll get what alot of Europe got. I think Bach will play first followed by a little bigger band, then the GNR boys.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 09:37:18 AM »

Yeah,

Cheers

Bachs album will be out very soon I believe. I'm pretty sure we'll get what alot of Europe got. I think Bach will play first followed by a little bigger band, then the GNR boys.

yes -- because Bach has virtually NO drawing power.  It would be a favor to him, but makes no sense marketing-wise.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2006, 11:03:40 AM »

yes -- because Bach has virtually NO drawing power.? It would be a favor to him, but makes no sense marketing-wise.

yep, marketing wise the killers would be a very good choice. Bach? i didn't even know him before.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
stinson4ever
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2006, 01:14:49 PM »

i would love to see killers opeing but i think back will get it. either way it will be cool
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 02:06:57 PM »

I never thought I would say this, but I would rather have Baz open then the Killers. Axl it's time you call up the Gallaghers and do a real Rock n Roll tour. Liam and Axl, the last 2 Rock Stars on the Planet, are ya mad fer it!!!
robinfinckfan
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2006, 02:49:22 PM »

I never thought I would say this, but I would rather have Baz open then the Killers. Axl it's time you call up the Gallaghers and do a real Rock n Roll tour. Liam and Axl, the last 2 Rock Stars on the Planet, are ya mad fer it!!!

Oasis & Guns N' Roses would be fucking awesome yes

I was thinking maybe kid rock opening this fall
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2006, 03:01:31 PM »

Oasis & Guns N' Roses Tour would be one of the greatest and most successfull Tour ever. It would be History. Wembley Stadium would be sold out within 60 seconds? hihi
But it's a dream... Oasis is the biggest band that came after Guns N' Roses 87-93, bigger than Nirvana (at least in Europe) or any other band over the last decade, they sold 50 million records, at their peak (mid 90's) they were as big as the Beatles in the 60's, and promoters will have to put a lot of money on the table for that! millions and millions dollars. We all know Axl pretty much likes oasis, I also heard Richard Fortus is a friend of Zack (Oasis's drummer), Liam gallagher was at hammerstein on May 14th with his wife Nicole and he was singing on GN'R songs, Noel Gallagher admited in 2001 he loves a lot Guns N' Roses... they like and respect each other very much... but it's an impossible dream to see them tour together... they share many fans especially in Europe... it would be just like reuniting The Beatles and The Stones in the 60's! lol. but IF it ever happened, I could die right after, I would be in peace!

Anyway, The Killers would be cool. Jet also, or even The Strokes. There are really a couple of good Rock bands out there. They would all be better and fit better than A7X or BFMV to tour with Guns N' Roses. These 2 bands are too extreme, too "metal" and there's no really connexion in their music, in their fanbase, with Guns N' Roses. They are just part of another scene.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 03:20:08 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 04:33:39 PM »

kids...it was just for fun..an award show...there will be NO tour....( GNR N?Killers )

oasis + GNR = RAD !...THAT i would pay to see

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: