Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 06:42:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  is Axl shy?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: is Axl shy?  (Read 9945 times)
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2006, 05:50:34 AM »

Sorry, but I find it impossible to see how anyone could think Axl looked better or was more confident at the 2002 VMA's. He was a bit heavier in '02, dressed like an annoying whigger and basically looked like Sam Kinnison crossed with The Predator. Then he turned in probably the worst performance of his life. DISASTER.

The Axl of 2006 is 1000000000 x better. He's dropped some pounds. Looks like a slightly older version of the guy the world remembers from the 1990's. Dresses like a grown up. And just seems to have a mischievious... 'the world has no idea what I'm about to drop on 'em' vibe going.... It's all good.

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2006, 07:28:11 AM »

The Axl of 2006 is 1000000000 x better. He's dropped some pounds. Looks like a slightly older version of the guy the world remembers from the 1990's. Dresses like a grown up. And just seems to have a mischievious... 'the world has no idea what I'm about to drop on 'em' vibe going.... It's all good.

I agree 100%. Right down to that certain look on his face.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2006, 07:51:48 AM »

I was bored minutes ago so I started to read my horoscope...LOL. and as I was reading I wanted to know what's axl sign in the chinese horocope, well, he's a Tiger and here's the description, i think it match perfectly? hihi

Tigers may not be the king of the jungle, but these striped cats are no softies! Magnetic and self-possessed, Tigers are born leaders. They have an air of authority that prompts others to fall in line, which is exactly how they like it. Although they are magnetically charming and fun to be around, Tigers like to go it alone sometimes too. A Tiger's main interest is in following its ambitions -- and maintaining control.

Tigers are courageous beyond compare and generally come out ahead in battle, be it in the boardroom or the bedroom. Seduction is one area where the Tiger is definitely king! Noble and warm-hearted, Tigers have a natural, raw appeal that's extremely attractive to other Signs. They're not just about attraction, though; ever on the side of right, Tigers will fight the good fight to the bitter end if the cause is worthy. Opponents are wise to fear this feline.

A bit of caution is a good thing around Tigers, since they can pounce without warning. They experience mood swings and often feel things more intensely than others, the latter quality being both good and bad. They can react poorly under stress and are prone to emotional outbursts. This Sign's bristling sensitivity can send friend and foe running for cover.

A lesson that Tigers would be well-served to learn is "moderation in all things." Once these cats can find their center and direct their considerable energies toward worthwhile endeavors (as opposed to racing through life), they will accomplish much.

haha,yeah,i actually think that describes him perfectly yes beer love

shit happens when you party naked
codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2006, 07:55:33 AM »

A. appears to be really happy when talking to people out back or in a situation where others around him are talking and he is not the centre of attention, or being on stage where he has his band behind him. The 2006 VMA situation was different, there was no band, just Rose walking into a place where 1000's of eyes were all on him and it appeared like he had had second thoughts and thought the whole gig was a bad move and went through with it anyway. When he screamed DoYKWTFYAre? and got no reaction that must have been a difficult moment for him. Still, he held it together and got on with it and the pre show interview got some extra CD exposure ?Smiley

..another thing: Axl is stone cold sober these days (apparently) and back in the day, i think itis safe to say he was out of it on whatever? hihi
« Last Edit: September 02, 2006, 08:36:22 AM by codenameninja » Logged
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2006, 08:33:59 AM »

Will Ferrell is a genius and he is not shy.

Shirell
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2006, 09:20:04 AM »

I thought he looked a little uncomfortable and shy.... awww bless!  Couldnt you just give him a cuddle!
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2006, 09:30:43 AM »

I thought he loved it, the sparkle in his eye was fun to watch, he was like a kid who is the center of attention and who LOVES it..

Anyways, he was drop dead gorgeous and i am on drool alert.

He is back to being the most beautiful man  hihi

Nothing to say
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2006, 01:59:17 PM »

Compared to that bimbo Jennifer Lopez, he did awesome at the VMA's.  That J-Lo primadonna could barely string together five lines of coherent english and she was supposedly representing today's "era" of stars.

I'll take Axl any day.

bombingrun
Opening Act

The Story Will Unfold

« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2006, 02:11:29 PM »

I suppose shyness and being an outcast can help people achieve the focus to be a genius... just look at Jimi Hendrix, the most shy rockstar you could imagine but his stage shows were wild.
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2006, 03:29:48 PM »

I suppose shyness and being an outcast can help people achieve the focus to be a genius... just look at Jimi Hendrix, the most shy rockstar you could imagine but his stage shows were wild.

VERY true. I just finished reading the new Jimi bio...and he was super shy and super sweet, kind, gentle, man. You would have never guessed that if you just saw him perform. He spoke very quietly in interviews and spoke in a highly intelligent manner. Alot like Axl.

Axl always has reminded me of Jim Morrison too (see the Danny Sugarman book for all kinds of great comparisons). Jim could be incredibly sweet and kind and well...everybody knows what a asshole he could be. Most genius artists (or just genius people in general) are highly intelligent, but crazy as all hell. Shy AND forward. So Axl fits the bill.

I swear he'd make for the greatest conversation ever. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I could probably talk to him for hours.

AylaRose

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2006, 05:28:57 PM »

A. appears to be really happy when talking to people out back or in a situation where others around him are talking and he is not the centre of attention, or being on stage where he has his band behind him. The 2006 VMA situation was different, there was no band, just Rose walking into a place where 1000's of eyes were all on him and it appeared like he had had second thoughts and thought the whole gig was a bad move and went through with it anyway. When he screamed DoYKWTFYAre? and got no reaction that must have been a difficult moment for him. Still, he held it together and got on with it and the pre show interview got some extra CD exposure  Smiley

..another thing: Axl is stone cold sober these days (apparently) and back in the day, i think itis safe to say he was out of it on whatever  hihi

He's cold sober these days, huh. Where do you get that. He drinks through half his concerts (not that I'm complaining, but just saying). And you think he was sober when he bit the security guard?

bluesmaster
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2006, 06:30:59 PM »

I would say he's more humble than shy. That is, when he's not intoxicated, performing, ranting, or snapping.
AylaRose28
Rocker

« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2006, 07:52:28 PM »

A. appears to be really happy when talking to people out back or in a situation where others around him are talking and he is not the centre of attention, or being on stage where he has his band behind him. The 2006 VMA situation was different, there was no band, just Rose walking into a place where 1000's of eyes were all on him and it appeared like he had had second thoughts and thought the whole gig was a bad move and went through with it anyway. When he screamed DoYKWTFYAre? and got no reaction that must have been a difficult moment for him. Still, he held it together and got on with it and the pre show interview got some extra CD exposure? Smiley

..another thing: Axl is stone cold sober these days (apparently) and back in the day, i think itis safe to say he was out of it on whatever? hihi

He's cold sober these days, huh. Where do you get that. He drinks through half his concerts (not that I'm complaining, but just saying). And you think he was sober when he bit the security guard?

True...but at least (I don't think) hard drugs....I bet he snorted a ton of coke in those days...among other things.

As for humble...that sure is a NEW thing too...he sure wasn't humble in the old days!

Getting older has served him so well...

AylaRose

MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2006, 07:57:06 PM »

I don't think Axl is shy at all. Like a few of you said, he is just not use to be on tv that much.

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2006, 09:21:07 PM »

one word  adorable.

the one an only horsey !
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2006, 10:58:57 PM »

He acts like a person who has done something really, really naughty and not yet been caught.

makes you wonder huh.

the one an only horsey !
AylaRose28
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2006, 11:56:20 PM »

He acts like a person who has done something really, really naughty and not yet been caught.

makes you wonder huh.

like the cat that caught the canary....lol

aylarose

axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2006, 12:15:19 AM »

:yes:i bet he's been very naughty.

i would bet he's a bit shy.  and not being used to doing tv stuff, that has to be different. 
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2006, 01:14:01 AM »

i dont think hes shy one bit.  but maybe he felt very awkward being at the BET awards and all.. o i mean the VMA awards
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2006, 06:27:22 AM »

Vanilla Ice is a genious and he's not shy.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: