Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 07:18:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  is Axl shy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: is Axl shy?  (Read 9957 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 07:00:40 PM »

is axl shy?

yer

Wink
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 07:01:48 PM »

He wasn't grumpy at all.  I don't know how you get the idea that he was better in 2002.  Especially a catastrophic 2002.  I just don't see the logic in what you said.  Undecided
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 07:04:23 PM »

He wasn't grumpy at all.? I don't know how you get the idea that he was better in 2002.? Especially a catastrophic 2002.? I just don't see the logic in what you said.? Undecided
His perfomace in 2002 was indeed close to catastrophic. However, he looked much happier and younger and alot more confident then.
He looked really forced last night, really uncomfortable.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 07:05:17 PM »

I think the grin he had on his face after "Do you know where the fuck you are!!!" was like a child's cheeky grin lol

I think he felt stupid after that because he said wow not many people know what that means
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 07:06:16 PM »

He wasn't grumpy at all.  I don't know how you get the idea that he was better in 2002.  Especially a catastrophic 2002.  I just don't see the logic in what you said.  Undecided
His perfomace in 2002 was indeed close to catastrophic. However, he looked much happier and younger and alot more confident then.
He looked really forced last night, really uncomfortable.

I don't see it.  Axl was the one who said 2002 was forced, maybe he does the opposite of what he feels?  Then surely yesterday was a good sign!
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 07:07:10 PM »

Slash is also notoriously very shy. Dave Kushner said you pretty much have to know him a long time to understand him and have a proper conversation. Izzy was also considered quiet. Interesting, coz they were all party animals, shyness isn't something you'd expect.

I'm a bit like that as well, really shy in some situations, really confident in others, just depends on the circumstances.

RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 07:07:28 PM »

If you look at most of the interview footage we have of Axl, he looks shy: at the basketball game; even back when he sang Yesterdays with West Arkeen people said he looks bashful. ?But sit down interviews he looks fine.

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
pebbles
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 07:16:57 PM »

Axl seemed to be a little shy, but he sure doesnt on stage. He was so adorable
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 07:19:12 PM »

I'm sure Axl the tough bad ass rockstar really wants to be known as adorable! hihi

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 07:46:28 PM »

he was probably thinking about some hot chick he'd be with at a cool party and didn't want to talk to that MTV dumb-ass.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2006, 07:56:45 PM »

Whatever it is that makes Axl tick, you wouldn't want to change anything.? ok

Amen to that.  I'm just glad to have him and his music back...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2006, 08:17:30 PM »

I think Jarmo made a good point about Axl not use to talking on t.v. He's use to performing. Music rockin' and crowd screaming is probably more comforting and relaxing then the spotlight, quitness, and all eyes on him, waiting for Axl to speak situation. He looked nervous but he looked great.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2006, 08:31:59 PM »

I noticed that the way he shook John Norris' hand was indicative of shyness. He has a tendency to pull his body away from the handshake and duck his head.  I was very shy growing up and would lower my head or turn it away from a person to whom I introduced myself.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GNRRRR
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2006, 09:09:44 PM »

He seemed really shy yesterday wasn't he? There's a big difference between "Axl the Rockstar" when he is onstage (especially in the old days where he used to be very aggressive onstage like he was possessed and gave 100%) and "Axl the man" in real life. I saw a documentary on Louis De Funes (famous french comedian) where he was described as extravagant in his job (comedian) and extremely shy when he returns to real life. They said that's how lots of genius are. that's their trademark. They almost put their life in game when they are performing/playing/beeing artist. On the one hand, Axl can dominate a stadium crowd with the palm of his hand in front of all the TV in the world, and on the other hand, one to one, he seems really shy in front of one guy and one camera. incredible! Tongue

Maybe he's always been shy...but now that he's sober..it shows.
KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2006, 09:21:40 PM »

Remember back to when you were a kid and you embarrassed yourself in front of your peers, to then have to return and face a room full of them. Like last night.

Of course, he's a human being.
axlslover
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2006, 10:55:20 PM »

I think he is a little shy but he is so cute, it makes him look like hes done something wrong and needs a good spanking
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2006, 11:13:33 PM »

Like some of you have said, I don't think he was exactly in his league of people last night, a whole different generation and style of entertainers, not that he has never mingled with them before, but as he said he had previously met the "Killers" the weekend before and they had asked him to present them at the VMA's, he admits that it is not something he is used to doing, so he makes it short and sweet, and I also think that he carried himself well for what he was up against. ?I don't think Axl is shy, or he wouldn't be such an outspoken person, I just don't think he is as social as we all would like him to be. Smiley peace

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
AylaRose28
Rocker

I've got a wicked demon...

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2006, 01:12:45 AM »

He's always been shy. If you've read many interviews/profiles of him, or read anything people who were close to him (personal or work wise), Axl is def. two different people. He can be very shy, sweet and sometimes awkward. But he can turn at the drop of a dime...and can be horribly mean, condescending and outright evil. Last night wasn't surprising to me. I guess I figured everybody knew he had two sides to him and how extreme they are.

I don't think he was nec. nervous last night. Probably just how he is in MOST situations, until he gets pissed off. Plus, I think since he's gotten older, he's chilled just a bit. What is interesting though, is that its almost like he's a little boy..with that grin and that sweet tone to his voice. Then he screams and does a rant and you're like WHOA where did that come from!

The shyness is incredibly sweet. But from what I understand, he can be like that one second, you say something wrong to him and BOOM, the dark side comes out of nowhere and he can be quite scary. In some way, I find that appealing..I'm not sure what that means about me though! LOL!

Its just that dynamic that makes him appealing..that lightness and darkness all going on at once. (which is a huge metaphor for him and GnR anyway, but thats for another thread!)

AylaRose

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2006, 01:51:09 AM »

I was bored minutes ago so I started to read my horoscope...LOL. and as I was reading I wanted to know what's axl sign in the chinese horocope, well, he's a Tiger and here's the description, i think it match perfectly  hihi

Tigers may not be the king of the jungle, but these striped cats are no softies! Magnetic and self-possessed, Tigers are born leaders. They have an air of authority that prompts others to fall in line, which is exactly how they like it. Although they are magnetically charming and fun to be around, Tigers like to go it alone sometimes too. A Tiger's main interest is in following its ambitions -- and maintaining control.

Tigers are courageous beyond compare and generally come out ahead in battle, be it in the boardroom or the bedroom. Seduction is one area where the Tiger is definitely king! Noble and warm-hearted, Tigers have a natural, raw appeal that's extremely attractive to other Signs. They're not just about attraction, though; ever on the side of right, Tigers will fight the good fight to the bitter end if the cause is worthy. Opponents are wise to fear this feline.

A bit of caution is a good thing around Tigers, since they can pounce without warning. They experience mood swings and often feel things more intensely than others, the latter quality being both good and bad. They can react poorly under stress and are prone to emotional outbursts. This Sign's bristling sensitivity can send friend and foe running for cover.

A lesson that Tigers would be well-served to learn is "moderation in all things." Once these cats can find their center and direct their considerable energies toward worthwhile endeavors (as opposed to racing through life), they will accomplish much.

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
mr.leaktastic
Banned
Opening Act

I luv u

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2006, 01:58:54 AM »

I think he is shy when he isn't in his element. It seems that he was unsure how the "people" at the VMA's would recieve him. I thought it was cool that it was a bit of him, (the  screaming part) and the new and more refined him. (the pulled together and calm introduction). I think it was short and sweet and was perfect!
yah...
as he walked out, even the giant steps he took at the end..I think he was just trying to get comfortable, then..he let out that big scream..and, it was on from there...

but, yah..
I think he is shy to a certin extent..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: