Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:40:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Some backstage and "insider" Axl stuff at the VMA's.....
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some backstage and "insider" Axl stuff at the VMA's.....  (Read 9504 times)
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« on: September 01, 2006, 11:04:38 AM »

Hello All,

First off - mods - I made this a new topic, because a few people asked me to yesterday, and didn't want it to get jumbled in the other 110 page thread.

Anyways, I was the guy who told everyone here on Wednesday that Axl would be introducing the Killers (I even gave you pretty much verbatim how Jack Black would introduce Axl.)  So, although I wasn't there, my girlfriend was.  She was 1 of a couple of people in charge of the Killers, so that's how I knew what was going to happen.  Here's some interesting things:

1.  She met Axl.  He showed up about a half-hour before he was supposed to go on.  When he entered the green room, someone said "Axl, we were worried you weren't going to show."  He responded with "Nah, I just wanted to fuck with everyone to make them think that."   hihi

2.  He was there with (according to my gf) "an older woman" (Beta?), his "girlfriend who was super super nice," and a "blond guy" (is that Merck?).  Axl was SUPER low-maintenance backstage, and was friendly to everyone, taking pictures, signing autographs etc. before he went on.  Like I said, my gf was in charge of the Killers, and said to Axl "Hi Axl.  Would you like to meet the Killers?"  And she actually whisked him away!  He took more pictures with people, and during that time, my gf was shouting "Chinese Democracy!  Chinese Democracy!"  and Axl was nodding and laughing saying "You know it, you know it!"

3.  After the show, Axl couldn't be found, but his mini-entourage was still backstage.  My gf helped Axl's girl get a cab to get out of there.  Axl told the Killers to come to Bungalow 8 for a private after-party at 2AM!  I kept telling my gf on the phone "You gotta get us in, you gotta get us in!"  But it was so crazy there, and he already left.  Dammit.  Well, I find out this morning that Axl was having a party up in his hotel room (He actually had two rooms booked yesterday - one near the venue, and one in Grammercy, which is a real nice area).

4.  Finally, (for anyone who cares), my girlfriend said that the Killers were like the nicest guys on the planet.  Super down to earth, and really really excited to  meet Axl.  When Axl invited them to the party, they were like "Sweet!  Axl invited us to a party!  This is awesome!"  She said she felt bad for them because compared to all of the other shitty rap acts, they also were low maintenance, and just really really cool.  I always liked the Killers, but now I like them even more.

Alright, that's about it for now.  If I think of more, I'll post later.  Thanks for reading!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 11:07:17 AM »

Merck isn't blond....  Wink

Thanks for posting.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 11:08:04 AM »

thanks for the info  ok

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 11:10:12 AM »

Thanks for posting.  I love the '06 version of Axl.  He looks and acts much better.  He seems to be in a better place. 

Ritz Reeves III
Sizzle
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 11:12:10 AM »

The blonde guy was probably Bach.
mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 11:15:54 AM »

The blonde guy was probably Bach.

lmao!
pasnow
VIP

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 11:16:55 AM »

Thanks, at first I thought you were just pounding your chest in a "I was right" kindof way. But I read your posts from yesterday & you seem like you were just being honest & debunking alot of the "rumors" about the band playing.. Thanks for trying to keep a lid on them from blowing out of proportion and for honestly admitting you had somewhat of an inside source. ?ok ?Unlike all the other posters "sources" who stated otherwise..

Keep us informed in the future if you hear anything.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 11:18:59 AM by pasnow » Logged
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 11:17:30 AM »

Bach wasn't there

and Axl had already met the killers

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 11:21:14 AM »

Bach wasn't there

im pretty sure the bach comment was meant as a joke.  if it really was bach then he would not have been referred to as "a blond guy".
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 11:22:40 AM »

Dude that was a cool read, and thanks for info . 

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Longpig
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 11:23:34 AM »

Good stuff sounds like Axl is having fun and not taking everything so seriously these days....

the killers are a pretty cool band though, they play very English circa 1995 music. ?Although I imagine there are few that think they're any good on a gunners forum...

LP
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 11:31:25 AM »

cool info..

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
veritas55
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 11:31:44 AM »

good stuff.  And Axl sounds like he can also be very cool to people -- we often forget that.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 11:52:21 AM »

Hello All,

First off - mods - I made this a new topic, because a few people asked me to yesterday, and didn't want it to get jumbled in the other 110 page thread.

Anyways, I was the guy who told everyone here on Wednesday that Axl would be introducing the Killers (I even gave you pretty much verbatim how Jack Black would introduce Axl.)  So, although I wasn't there, my girlfriend was.  She was 1 of a couple of people in charge of the Killers, so that's how I knew what was going to happen.  Here's some interesting things:

1.  She met Axl.  He showed up about a half-hour before he was supposed to go on.  When he entered the green room, someone said "Axl, we were worried you weren't going to show."  He responded with "Nah, I just wanted to fuck with everyone to make them think that."   hihi

2.  He was there with (according to my gf) "an older woman" (Beta?), his "girlfriend who was super super nice," and a "blond guy" (is that Merck?).  Axl was SUPER low-maintenance backstage, and was friendly to everyone, taking pictures, signing autographs etc. before he went on.  Like I said, my gf was in charge of the Killers, and said to Axl "Hi Axl.  Would you like to meet the Killers?"  And she actually whisked him away!  He took more pictures with people, and during that time, my gf was shouting "Chinese Democracy!  Chinese Democracy!"  and Axl was nodding and laughing saying "You know it, you know it!"

3.  After the show, Axl couldn't be found, but his mini-entourage was still backstage.  My gf helped Axl's girl get a cab to get out of there.  Axl told the Killers to come to Bungalow 8 for a private after-party at 2AM!  I kept telling my gf on the phone "You gotta get us in, you gotta get us in!"  But it was so crazy there, and he already left.  Dammit.  Well, I find out this morning that Axl was having a party up in his hotel room (He actually had two rooms booked yesterday - one near the venue, and one in Grammercy, which is a real nice area).

4.  Finally, (for anyone who cares), my girlfriend said that the Killers were like the nicest guys on the planet.  Super down to earth, and really really excited to  meet Axl.  When Axl invited them to the party, they were like "Sweet!  Axl invited us to a party!  This is awesome!"  She said she felt bad for them because compared to all of the other shitty rap acts, they also were low maintenance, and just really really cool.  I always liked the Killers, but now I like them even more.

Alright, that's about it for now.  If I think of more, I'll post later.  Thanks for reading!

So Axl was lying when he said twice on MTV that he had met the Killers over the weekend?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
dk
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 11:58:50 AM »

Thanks for sharing the story. ? ok

Guys, you can "meet" people without it being the first time. ?Why are people still busting this guy's balls?
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 12:01:17 PM »

Bach wasn't there

If you read again what I posted, my GIRLFRIEND asked Axl "Would you like to meet the Killers?"  She's not an insane fan like we are, so she had no clue that they met already. 

Geez.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 12:05:34 PM »

Hello All,

Anyways, I was the guy who told everyone here on Wednesday that Axl would be introducing the Killers (I even gave you pretty much verbatim how Jack Black would introduce Axl.)? So, although I wasn't there, my girlfriend was.? She was 1 of a couple of people in charge of the Killers, so that's how I knew what was going to happen.? Here's some interesting things:

1.? She met Axl.? He showed up about a half-hour before he was supposed to go on.? When he entered the green room, someone said "Axl, we were worried you weren't going to show."? He responded with "Nah, I just wanted to fuck with everyone to make them think that."? ?hihi

2.? He was there with (according to my gf) "an older woman" (Beta?), his "girlfriend who was super super nice," and a "blond guy" (is that Merck?).? Axl was SUPER low-maintenance backstage, and was friendly to everyone, taking pictures, signing autographs etc. before he went on.? Like I said, my gf was in charge of the Killers, and said to Axl "Hi Axl.? Would you like to meet the Killers?"? And she actually whisked him away!? He took more pictures with people, and during that time, my gf was shouting "Chinese Democracy!? Chinese Democracy!"? and Axl was nodding and laughing saying "You know it, you know it!"

3.? After the show, Axl couldn't be found, but his mini-entourage was still backstage.? My gf helped Axl's girl get a cab to get out of there.? Axl told the Killers to come to Bungalow 8 for a private after-party at 2AM!? I kept telling my gf on the phone "You gotta get us in, you gotta get us in!"? But it was so crazy there, and he already left.? Dammit.? Well, I find out this morning that Axl was having a party up in his hotel room (He actually had two rooms booked yesterday - one near the venue, and one in Grammercy, which is a real nice area).

4.? Finally, (for anyone who cares), my girlfriend said that the Killers were like the nicest guys on the planet.? Super down to earth, and really really excited to? meet Axl.? When Axl invited them to the party, they were like "Sweet!? Axl invited us to a party!? This is awesome!"? She said she felt bad for them because compared to all of the other shitty rap acts, they also were low maintenance, and just really really cool.? I always liked the Killers, but now I like them even more.

Alright, that's about it for now.? If I think of more, I'll post later.? Thanks for reading!

So Axl was lying when he said twice on MTV that he had met the Killers over the weekend?

Ha.....yeah dude....he met them already......so either you don't pay attention... (no aderal)...or you are a lyer.... peace

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 12:12:05 PM »

thank you for that info - nice one.  your lucky gf!

sounds like axl was enjoying himself and being really chilled backstage - nice one.  peace
Alina
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 12:18:28 PM »

cool info
thanks  ok

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 01:03:28 PM »

Hello All,

Anyways, I was the guy who told everyone here on Wednesday that Axl would be introducing the Killers (I even gave you pretty much verbatim how Jack Black would introduce Axl.)? So, although I wasn't there, my girlfriend was.? She was 1 of a couple of people in charge of the Killers, so that's how I knew what was going to happen.? Here's some interesting things:

1.? She met Axl.? He showed up about a half-hour before he was supposed to go on.? When he entered the green room, someone said "Axl, we were worried you weren't going to show."? He responded with "Nah, I just wanted to fuck with everyone to make them think that."? ?hihi

2.? He was there with (according to my gf) "an older woman" (Beta?), his "girlfriend who was super super nice," and a "blond guy" (is that Merck?).? Axl was SUPER low-maintenance backstage, and was friendly to everyone, taking pictures, signing autographs etc. before he went on.? Like I said, my gf was in charge of the Killers, and said to Axl "Hi Axl.? Would you like to meet the Killers?"? And she actually whisked him away!? He took more pictures with people, and during that time, my gf was shouting "Chinese Democracy!? Chinese Democracy!"? and Axl was nodding and laughing saying "You know it, you know it!"

3.? After the show, Axl couldn't be found, but his mini-entourage was still backstage.? My gf helped Axl's girl get a cab to get out of there.? Axl told the Killers to come to Bungalow 8 for a private after-party at 2AM!? I kept telling my gf on the phone "You gotta get us in, you gotta get us in!"? But it was so crazy there, and he already left.? Dammit.? Well, I find out this morning that Axl was having a party up in his hotel room (He actually had two rooms booked yesterday - one near the venue, and one in Grammercy, which is a real nice area).

4.? Finally, (for anyone who cares), my girlfriend said that the Killers were like the nicest guys on the planet.? Super down to earth, and really really excited to? meet Axl.? When Axl invited them to the party, they were like "Sweet!? Axl invited us to a party!? This is awesome!"? She said she felt bad for them because compared to all of the other shitty rap acts, they also were low maintenance, and just really really cool.? I always liked the Killers, but now I like them even more.

Alright, that's about it for now.? If I think of more, I'll post later.? Thanks for reading!

Ha.....yeah dude....he met them already......so either you don't pay attention... (no aderal)...or you are a lyer.... peace

How is HIS gf supposed to know Axl already met the Killers?  Chill out guys.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: