Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:12:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Be Proud You Love GNR
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Be Proud You Love GNR  (Read 2369 times)
Minneapolisnewsman
« on: August 31, 2006, 10:26:52 PM »

It is pretty clear, what all the Clear Channel stations are feeding the masses is not really even music.  For God's sake, Paris Hilton didn't even really sing on her album, and it debuted at #6.  Hip-hop is moving into such a stale point, that our grandparents jingles are starting to sound more fresh.  Stand proud, Axl has kept this about the music and is pushing the boundaries.  As far as I am concerned, even if Chinese Democracy doesn't sell five million copies in this climate, maintaining his musical integrity alone, makes this project a huge winner--and one for the ages...not just today!!!   Do the kids, under eighteen, a favor--let them know about this band, it's history, and what quality music is and can be!!  Let them know, that the live shows are worth it--and what they are being fed, is poison!!

Here Today Gone to Hell--and proud of it!!! yes
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 11:44:44 PM »

It is pretty clear, what all the Clear Channel stations are feeding the masses is not really even music.? For God's sake, Paris Hilton didn't even really sing on her album, and it debuted at #6.? Hip-hop is moving into such a stale point, that our grandparents jingles are starting to sound more fresh.? Stand proud, Axl has kept this about the music and is pushing the boundaries.? As far as I am concerned, even if Chinese Democracy doesn't sell five million copies in this climate, maintaining his musical integrity alone, makes this project a huge winner--and one for the ages...not just today!!!? ?Do the kids, under eighteen, a favor--let them know about this band, it's history, and what quality music is and can be!!? Let them know, that the live shows are worth it--and what they are being fed, is poison!!

Amen.
CD2006
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 11:49:51 PM »

you really don't have to tell me to.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 12:21:41 AM »

Great post...Axl stands tall in this largely disposable musical climate.
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 12:47:45 AM »

well I teach and pass gnr biography and songs and introduce the new band to my high school kids and THEy LOve them!  Grin..  hihi..and the girls love axl hehe I'm proud but I still think axl shouldn't have screamed tonight... Tongue

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
GNRBABY
Rocker

I'm on you like white on rice mutha fucka!

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 04:21:20 AM »

It is pretty clear, what all the Clear Channel stations are feeding the masses is not really even music.? For God's sake, Paris Hilton didn't even really sing on her album, and it debuted at #6.? Hip-hop is moving into such a stale point, that our grandparents jingles are starting to sound more fresh.? Stand proud, Axl has kept this about the music and is pushing the boundaries.? As far as I am concerned, even if Chinese Democracy doesn't sell five million copies in this climate, maintaining his musical integrity alone, makes this project a huge winner--and one for the ages...not just today!!!? ?Do the kids, under eighteen, a favor--let them know about this band, it's history, and what quality music is and can be!!? Let them know, that the live shows are worth it--and what they are being fed, is poison!!

beer Cool smoking Amen brother GNR-4-EVER yes

Liar! You should be banned!!  rant
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 04:25:35 AM »

Fucking right! I am so proud to be a Guns fans! 1987 to the present day and it keeps getting better! 2006 is gonna be a damn good year for us all as well, well its been fucking great already, but to top it off with the album is the icing on the cake we have all been waiting for!  beer To Guns N Roses! Mike

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 05:23:50 AM »

absolutely agree.  so much music at the mo is disposible.  bands get hyped up way too high then plummet the next year and generally lack the integrity and passion to seem like they are even really about the music.  its all about the nme cover or who's hanging with pete fecking doherty

Controversy always followed and still follows Guns off stage as much as on - but we know how into the music they always have been, how much sheer musical talent they have, and I am certain always will be there.

I'll be toasting Gnr with champagne the day that album comes out. bring it on.   beer
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2006, 05:30:25 AM »

I have raised my two girls who are 15 and 16 on good ol rock n roll, and especially GNR, they love them as much as their parents.  They came with us in May to RIR and appreciated every second, and upon return my 16 year old had a teacher that would not stop begging to see our footage.  Don't get me wrong, my kids also listen to the music of today if you call it that, but given a choice they would definately pick good old ROCK N ROLL AND A HELL OF A LOT MORE GUNS N ROSES!!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 05:35:30 AM »

Good post man, I am spreading GN'R and Rock N' Roll history every fuckin' day to my friends and to everyone. There is success though. A friend of mine that had never listened to GN'R now is saying that Estranged is the greatest song written ever. Yesterday, I went to another friend and saw on the winamp from 1 to 35 only GN'R songs. He liked Welcome To The Jungle and Yesterday's most... peace

"...It don't really matter..."
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 06:09:12 AM »

DMX last album kicks ass.

mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 10:41:41 AM »

Kanye's album last year was pretty fuckin' sweet.? And i hear 2pac's comin out with some new songs next year.? Grin
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2006, 10:56:08 AM »

GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES 4 EVER!!!!!

mAN iM SO FUCKING hAPPY!!!
HTGTH RULEESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 11:27:53 AM »

Nice post. But you don't have to tell me twice. I am a GNR fan and I make sure everyone around me knows it.  beer
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2006, 11:46:09 AM »

It is pretty clear, what all the Clear Channel stations are feeding the masses is not really even music.  For God's sake, Paris Hilton didn't even really sing on her album, and it debuted at #6.  Hip-hop is moving into such a stale point, that our grandparents jingles are starting to sound more fresh.  Stand proud, Axl has kept this about the music and is pushing the boundaries.  As far as I am concerned, even if Chinese Democracy doesn't sell five million copies in this climate, maintaining his musical integrity alone, makes this project a huge winner--and one for the ages...not just today!!!   Do the kids, under eighteen, a favor--let them know about this band, it's history, and what quality music is and can be!!  Let them know, that the live shows are worth it--and what they are being fed, is poison!!

Lately I've really started to think that maybe I'm just getting old and that's why I don't like most of the new music out there.

I can see that there are at least some other people out there who really do think that most of the new music actually DOES suck! It's not just me gettin' old!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 11:56:38 AM »

Lately I've really started to think that maybe I'm just getting old and that's why I don't like most of the new music out there.

I can see that there are at least some other people out there who really do think that most of the new music actually DOES suck! It's not just me gettin' old!

I just thought it was me too.  New music really sucks... 

Guns N' Roses will sell at least 500,000 copies in the first week.  Mark (not mock) my words. That's not just wishful thinking.  I would even guess at 1 million.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 12:05:48 PM »

all music has taken a massive nosedive, there's so little decent stuff coming out of any genre it's unreal, i'm having a hard time finding any new music to listen to nowdays.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
strattao
Opening Act

World Tour 2000Something

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 02:47:51 PM »

Seriously, are there any new bands that have come out in the last 5 years that anyone will give a damn about 5 years from now? That is why I have always loved GnR. It's just real music and none of the fabricated tripe that gets produced just to make a quick buck.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 02:51:48 PM »

that was off the hizzy, fo shizzle, my nizzle.

these new rock bands(avenged are decent tho) fucking lick ass.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: