Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 10:17:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228522 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Velvet Revolvers new album
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolvers new album  (Read 6582 times)
trashnlive85
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: August 31, 2006, 04:01:43 PM »

hey guys anyone know wen the next VR albums cuming out cos i hav no idea.? peace
Origen
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 04:03:21 PM »

No release date yet.

It should be out this year but I have a feeling it won't be out till next year.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 04:21:01 PM »

early next spring
Better
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 02:00:40 AM »

soon is the word...

All that i wanted was...
Now I know you better
you know i know better
know I, know you better!
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 09:44:26 AM »

not soon enough

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 01:23:09 PM »

I read spring from matt.. talking about getting rick rubin aboard.. I don't know what to say, I just pray they are writing some good stuff and will be ready..

Steel_Angel
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 01:24:30 PM »

i'll download it, and not buy it. i got ripped off when i bought contraband? Undecided
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 01:38:10 PM »

i'll download it, and not buy it. i got ripped off when i bought contraband? Undecided

Really, I'm still buying cd even though I go to see a new gnr band but get all my old albums played even on the 2002 cd tour ,and then again on the 06 hammerstein tours.. Just cause it wasn' your cup of tea doesn't mean you should download it.. Hell if that's the case why should I buy CD?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 01:43:39 PM »

Really, I'm still buying cd even though I go to see a new gnr band but get all my old albums played even on the 2002 cd tour ,and then again on the 06 hammerstein tours..
its cuz your smart..thats why
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 01:45:21 PM »

Really, I'm still buying cd even though I go to see a new gnr band but get all my old albums played even on the 2002 cd tour ,and then again on the 06 hammerstein tours..
its cuz your smart..thats why

Is this another axl quote hihi No it's because I support axl man.. I didn't like a few new tunes so lets not get started.. I bet you're the type that would be so pissed if people said they would not buy cd but download it instead..
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 05:06:36 PM »

Let's not turn this thread into another VR/GNR debate.

Stay on topic please.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 05:16:09 PM »

This time around they should make a Slash album since they made a Scott one last time.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 03:27:49 PM »

spring 07 i hear

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 07:36:15 AM »

This time around they should make a Slash album since they made a Scott one last time.

I have a gut feeling there will be more Slash..  Probably not as much as some people would like but more. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Dave have a little lead work in there.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 06:13:54 PM »

I think when you're trying to keep everyone happy it's hard to make individuals really get extra time or sticking out.. I think vr tried to make their debut a group effort instead of a slash show.. We all know the solos could have been longer...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 10:18:57 PM »

id like to see slash rock out on the second album, the guy did a ton of great solos while in gnr so i know their trying to do a group effort but he needs to really step up, especially since CD's long awaited release can actually be out soon.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 11:06:47 PM »

...especially since CD's long awaited release can actually be out soon.

As I suggested so politely..

Stay on topic please.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
darkmonth
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 09:21:02 AM »

...especially since CD's long awaited release can actually be out soon.

As I suggested so politely..

Stay on topic please.

Dude... I agree'd on the first one ... it did become GnR vs VR... but this quote isn't.  All he was saying is, as a fan, he's getting CD soon, and he'd like to see VR come out with something soon too, because he wants both bands out Smiley

Smiley

I hope Slash has more lead work, because as we all know... a massive percentage of why we love Guns N' Roses, is Slash's lead work.  I'd like to hear this on VR's new album.  We only heard a snippet of Slash on the last album, and I think there's more there.  The Snakepit albums have some tremendous Slash lead work.  I miss it Smiley
Z
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2006, 06:22:09 PM »

The following is NOT a GNR vs. VR statement.......... (I in fact love and appreciate both) ..........

I think that the 2nd VR album would have already been released had the GNR demos not been leaked.

Upon hearing them, it is my opinion that they realized that they needed to up their game so to speak.

Their next album will be MUCH better than their first...........IMO.

-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 06:51:11 PM »

The following is NOT a GNR vs. VR statement.......... (I in fact love and appreciate both) ..........

I think that the 2nd VR album would have already been released had the GNR demos not been leaked.

Upon hearing them, it is my opinion that they realized that they needed to up their game so to speak.

Their next album will be MUCH better than their first...........IMO.

I seriously can't believe people are on about this stuff. VR is just making an album.. I seriously doubt they care about the leaks or CD. If I were VR and I heard the leaks I would have laughed. Seriously. It's all about perspective.. I like some of the leaks, but do you think the guys who left the band years ago and were wondering why Axl wanted to change his vision felt that the demos were very good?

I don't. The only demo that sounds "better" than something VR could do is CITR (mind you, VR could probably do alot more than I think they can.) And even then, thats a matter of taste. Some people think that song is boring, and I guess I understand them.

But I could be wrong. Maybe VR really cares about Chinese Democracy...  Roll Eyes

gnrevolution.com
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: