Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:21:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Four months to go until '07, what are the odds of an '06 release?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Four months to go until '07, what are the odds of an '06 release?  (Read 13286 times)
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2006, 08:02:58 PM »

The odds of it coming out this year are slim to none.
What gives it those odds?
The fact there hasn't been at least 2 months of promotion in advance. Because there's no such monthly promotion before also without an official release date to go with no such promotion. And because it seems like it's too late for the cd to come out this year. It seems the "europe tour" during the summer has made axl run out of time for the cd this year. The summer should have been the months in advance promotion with a single dropped to radio. But it never happened. It seems the cd won't happen this year either because of it. 
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2006, 08:06:03 PM »

The fact there hasn't been at least 2 months of promotion in advance. Because there's no such monthly promotion before also without an official release date to go with no such promotion. And because it seems like it's too late for the cd to come out this year. It seems the "europe tour" during the summer has made axl run out of time for the cd this year. The summer should have been the months in advance promotion with a single dropped to radio. But it never happened. It seems the cd won't happen this year either because of it.?

Everyone knows about the mysterious Democracy album....he could let the world know A week ahead of time and there would still be no problem with sales....it's been a 10 year build up....we'll see what happens yes

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2006, 08:21:44 PM »

The fact there hasn't been at least 2 months of promotion in advance. Because there's no such monthly promotion before also without an official release date to go with no such promotion. And because it seems like it's too late for the cd to come out this year. It seems the "europe tour" during the summer has made axl run out of time for the cd this year. The summer should have been the months in advance promotion with a single dropped to radio. But it never happened. It seems the cd won't happen this year either because of it. 
Axl could announce tomorrow its coming out on Friday, and it would be all over the world. It would get major media reaction through CNN, all news sites, MTV, Fuse, any just about every type of website would mention it. There does need to be some sort of promotion. No doubt. Just because it will get major media attention doesnt mean everyone will buy it. But like i said, he could announce tomorrow and the world would take notice.

theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2006, 08:42:16 PM »

The fact there hasn't been at least 2 months of promotion in advance. Because there's no such monthly promotion before also without an official release date to go with no such promotion. And because it seems like it's too late for the cd to come out this year. It seems the "europe tour" during the summer has made axl run out of time for the cd this year. The summer should have been the months in advance promotion with a single dropped to radio. But it never happened. It seems the cd won't happen this year either because of it.?
Axl could announce tomorrow its coming out on Friday, and it would be all over the world. It would get major media reaction through CNN, all news sites, MTV, Fuse, any just about every type of website would mention it. There does need to be some sort of promotion. No doubt. Just because it will get major media attention doesnt mean everyone will buy it. But like i said, he could announce tomorrow and the world would take notice.
But if he doesn't announce it tomorrow night what then? 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2006, 08:42:28 PM »

exactly.   The promotion will start once there is a release date set.   And when the date is set, EVERYBODY will know.
theillusion
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2006, 08:43:10 PM »

Everyone knows about the mysterious Democracy album....he could let the world know A week ahead of time and there would still be no problem with sales....it's been a 10 year build up....we'll see what happens yes
you really think the record company would let Axl do that with no solid advanced promotion behind it?
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2006, 08:49:18 PM »

He doesnt have to announce it tomorrow. I'm not expecting him to. He will present an award, and if we're lucky, he'll talk a little bit to Loder about the upcoming US tour, and maybe a small update on the album. If you are expecting an album release date announcement on stage at the VMA's, there will be a tear in your beer on Thursday night.

WeHeldTogether
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2006, 09:03:54 PM »

I'm actually leaning more towards an early 2007 release, but a november/december 06 is also likely.  however they would have to announce it soon, before the US tour.

this is an album that needs no promotion(except maybe a single).  they'll announce a date via a press release and everyone will know about it the next day.  the album will even be talked about on non-gnr and non-music websites.

and the person who says that their hasn't been two months of promotion so its doubtful: if they announced the date say, september 10th for a november 13th release, there's two months of promotion.
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2006, 09:12:13 PM »

if they announced the date say, september 10th for a november 13th release, there's two months of promotion.
That's what they should do...seeing how that's my birthday   ok
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2006, 11:22:08 PM »

Honestly I don't think axl gives a fuck when he relesased the album. I get the feeling its done and he's heard it and thats all he cares about... he knows he made a great record and doesn't give a fuck if the public likes, but isn't actually ready to take the criticism that will come.

although in one of the radio interview (can't remember which one)

interviewer: so chinese democracy will come out this year
axl: absolutely....

but I will only believe it when Its in my hands. I can't believe he toured at all without an album let alone a north american tour now....

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2006, 11:52:34 PM »

Only one sleep away, and all will hopefully be answered Grin

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2006, 02:45:01 AM »

Only one sleep away, and all will hopefully be answered Grin

Definitly. I'm just glad that they announced Axl at the VMA's a week before the VMA's. Didn't have to wait too long. Answers soon ya know?

I hate it when rumors state dates WAYYYY off... like The Da Vinci Code movie rumor. Anyone remember that? It started like 6 months before the movie came out.

gnrevolution.com
SLCPUNK
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2006, 02:47:50 AM »

I was just flipping through the new Rolling Stone and took a look at their fall preview. They have release dates going into December, and yup, nothing about "Chines Democracy." If their was a tentative date, wouldn't RS have mentioned it?

So realistically, can we still hope for an '06 release? If Axl still wants to shoot for an '06 release, can he do it?

Here's hoping something will be revealed Thursday...

It's coming dude............
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2006, 03:11:30 AM »

i definetly think the time frame is november 06 - jan 07. if it doesn't happen then, i fear the worst. the last thing we want is a backlash from audiences/ fans (not hardcore fans) who are not as patient, so the sooner the better or i think the us tour may not go down that great.

dont get me wrong i think the tour will start good, but the longer it goes on without the album it wil suffer

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
mahimahi23
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2006, 03:24:13 AM »

Axl's favorite word this year is "Absolutely", this is what he said when Trunk asked him if the album was definately coming out this year. And ive heard him use this word in other interviews aswell.

If the album isnt released this year or at least a confirmed release date before the year is up then I will be done with GNR. Its bad enough that Axl has lead fans on for this long claiming every year that "this" is the year for the new album. I heard the words out of the mans mouth that we would have the album this year, in the fall to be exact. Now if he doesnt get it out exactly in the fall, and if he has to wait until the beginning of next year, im cool with that, just as long as he lets us know exactly when that date will be. We have been loyal fans for 20 years, and he owes us at least that, after promising it would be out this year, and leading us fans on year after year. If he just lets this year go by and doesnt mention it then to hell with GNR, thats disrespectful to the fans that have stuck by him all these years.

And any of you that keep defending him if this is what happens are nothing but sheep.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 03:25:48 AM by mahimahi23 » Logged
Gordi
« Reply #95 on: August 31, 2006, 05:27:25 AM »

I think there'll be one hell of a backlash if it's not out in "Fall, Late Fall" like Axl said.  Undecided
avesia
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2006, 05:29:37 AM »

nah! Axl's been promising stuff for 10 years, we're used to it.
titchy
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2006, 06:27:36 AM »

i betcha axl is laughing his arse off at us

but to retain creditablity , he has to release the album this year or nobody will take the band seriously anymore, he said the fall or late fall would be the time

cmon axl if u dont have the confidence in your ability, you are in the wrong business

waits for bollicking   Grin
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2006, 06:39:45 AM »

i betcha axl is laughing his arse off at us

but to retain creditablity , he has to release the album this year or nobody will take the band seriously anymore, he said the fall or late fall would be the time

cmon axl if u dont have the confidence in your ability, you are in the wrong business

waits for bollicking? ?Grin

I guarentee you will say the exact same thing next year (if he doesn't release the album this year)
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2006, 07:05:21 AM »

He doesnt have to announce it tomorrow. I'm not expecting him to. He will present an award, and if we're lucky, he'll talk a little bit to Loder about the upcoming US tour, and maybe a small update on the album. If you are expecting an album release date announcement on stage at the VMA's, there will be a tear in your beer on Thursday night.
  That's the most realistic thing that I'm hoping for.  Just a little talk with Loder on the album.  Hopefully Axl will still say this year.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: