Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:23:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Four months to go until '07, what are the odds of an '06 release?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Four months to go until '07, what are the odds of an '06 release?  (Read 13297 times)
robinfinckfan
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 09:56:27 PM »

When I got the leaks earlier this year I played them to my friends and they were all dismissed within a ?few bars except " better" and nobody had a clue who was in the band/ that GNR was recording ?new material and I don't have the patience to go into the whole story.

anyway axl said this fall/ late fall and seemed pretty serious about it

he didn't in 02' if you remember the after vma interview w/ kurt loder

It will be in our hands by Dec, 31st 2006 on or before 11:59:59

That's a FACT yes
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 09:57:39 PM »

Buckle those seatbelts boys and girls...all hell's breaking loose...very soon. ?Wink
It's coming this year. ? beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 09:58:26 PM »

Yeah, but how often do bands do that?? And by "that" I mean announce a release date only a month or two in advance?? I mean even the record companies still have no idea about a release from GNR.
Wasn't U2's last album announced just a couple months before release? Its not unprecedented. I think UYI was announced just about 6 weeks before its release, maybe less. Another reason to announce it within a short time of its actual release is to prevent a massive leak.

That's a really good point. Most probably that's what it is going to happen.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 10:02:51 PM »

Every passing day makes it less likely. And remember this, November/December is always packed with huge releases to take advantage of holiday shopping, so if Axl drops the CD around then, it could get looked over real easy. Many record labels opt to move some of their releases to the beginning of the year when fewer big artitsts are releasing stuff. So, I think February is more realistic.

Roll Eyes? So your saying Guns N Roses wouldn't be a big release??

Nope. Read and comprehend before you react. I said "fewer" big artists, which would mean fewer big artists to compete against.

PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 11:04:53 PM »

Buckle those seatbelts boys and girls...all hell's breaking loose...very soon. ?Wink
It's coming this year. ? beer

There is still time everyone. Have some faith. This is the year!  ok
damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 11:22:49 PM »

Poison and Cinderella playing to 70,000 people in 2006? What are you smoking?
They werent even pulling in that size of crowds in their heyday. Only rock bands that could fill that size of venue in the late 80's/early 90's were GNR, Metallica, The Stones, and U2.

Yeah, i understand that.  My point was that "if" you put out a good album, you will be playing to more than 10,000 people.

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 01:44:53 AM »

Calm down everybody...

This is basically the first time we have something, so strong, that suggests the release of the album.

We've all waited for so loooong, just a little more patience...

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 03:24:49 AM »

I do hope I am wrong, but that fact he went on a huge European tour and played in front of hundreds of thousands of people without even acknowledging the album exists does little to comfort me. That signals that it either wasn't near being ready to release, or that he is stupid and really doesn't have a plan, because no one with half a brain would pass on that type of marketing opportunity.

Very true. 98% of te audience doesn't read GN'R message board and has no clue if there is a new album on the horizon. BTW even we don't know it.  Undecided    But I try to remain optimistic and think that Axl doesn't have a plan and the album will just come out sometime in the next 4 months.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 03:36:05 AM »

Remember Axl didn't offer up 'fall, late fall'. He hasn't made one unsolicited attempt to promote the album as far as I am aware this year. So I'm not expecting anything, although of course I hope like everyone else that its coming out.

Here today...ready to rock
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 03:43:59 AM »

Remember Axl didn't offer up 'fall, late fall'. He hasn't made one unsolicited attempt to promote the album as far as I am aware this year. So I'm not expecting anything, although of course I hope like everyone else that its coming out.

He did. 'Fall, late fall, definietely this year'.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2006, 04:05:47 AM »

yes he did, He said it on Eddie Trunk's raidio show earlier this year, May 5th I belive. he said "fall, late fall, definetly this year". The audio for that interview has to be around somewhere, i belive you can download that show at eddie trunks website now. smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2006, 04:17:42 AM »

i think its releastic for an 06 release, i mean nothing gnr did this year had any major announcement, they just sprung up the nyc shows were announced 4 weeks before the first show, so dont be surprised if CD just springs up

My thoughts exactly ...

I think nobody (press, stores, TV's, etc. have any clue about the release date).

I'm pretty sure it's going to pop like that. One day we'll wake and CD will be there hihi

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Gordi
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2006, 04:49:06 AM »

It very well could happen, but this silence is making me wonder if it will.  Undecided
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2006, 06:25:48 AM »

we'll be so bored if CD comes out. i say lets way a few more years.

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2006, 06:37:34 AM »

He did. 'Fall, late fall, definietely this year'.

What I meant was (as far as memory recollects) he hasn't ever mentioned this time period without being questioned...

When he starts talking about it open and freely thats when I'll begin to believe. Otherwise I remain sceptcial.

Here today...ready to rock
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2006, 06:42:15 AM »

I was just flipping through the new Rolling Stone and took a look at their fall preview. They have release dates going into December, and yup, nothing about "Chines Democracy." If their was a tentative date, wouldn't RS have mentioned it?

So realistically, can we still hope for an '06 release? If Axl still wants to shoot for an '06 release, can he do it?

Here's hoping something will be revealed Thursday...

Call me naive, but Axl said it's coming this year- it's coming this year.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Origen
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2006, 08:24:01 AM »

I think that it's still coming (might come) in October/November, if it doesn't come this year then it's pathetic. And the US tour starts in just over 2 weeks and I don't see the album coming before then and I still think it's crazy to go on the US tour without an album or not even a single at least.

I'll still hold out hope for the album by the end of the year but who knows.
makane
Legend

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2006, 08:47:14 AM »

I think it will definitely come out this year. Just a few months ago he said "it will be out this year" so why would've he changed hes mind? Oh... yeah...  Roll Eyes
Whatever, im still optimistic for 06' release. 3006 that is.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
gun
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 08:50:47 AM »

I think there is a good chance we will see Chinese Democracy this year but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.   I have felt for a few months that September would be the deciding month.  No announcement or single in September and I think '06 isn't going to happen.  That leaves just about a month that I can still be cautiously optimistic.
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 08:57:23 AM »

Well Mysteron said that the plans haven't changed as of yet so it still looks good, I'm thinking he might/should say something at the VMA's, it's too big a medium not to!
Yeah, we will all be holding our breath if Loder gets a mike anywhere near Axl. nervous There are 3 words in the english vocabulary that will hopefully not be used that evening.....

Soon.

Isn't.

Word.

rofl

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: