Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:19:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tour Rumors?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tour Rumors?  (Read 12659 times)
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 01:40:15 AM »

Yup, Buckethead would make the train even pick up more steam, there'd be no stopping Gnr with Buckethead and Axl at the helm.......

Yeah, we all saw how good it went back in 2002 while Bucket was still in the band...

dankrass
Headliner

cold irons bound

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 01:51:34 AM »

Yeah, we all saw how good it went back in 2002 while Bucket was still in the band...

Why do these quotes keep popping up?   Though we don't know the whole story, it's safe to say if anyone in the band was at fault for the 2002 cancellation, it is W. Axl Rose.

Bukethead was a bright spot on that tour amidst many lowpoints.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 01:57:25 AM »

Local radio station here in NJ said that HOB Atlantic City was holding the New Years Eve spot? for a "special performance by a special band".

Now by December, I think they'll be on the east coast, so who knows!

I can confirm I heard this as well, earlier today on a NY station while I was driving in the car hihi

That would just be too awesome for words

what station bandita?

I am pretty sure it was Q104.3 because that is what my radio is usually set to in the car.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 01:59:36 AM »

Buckets the man. I think he'll come back and tour with the band once the albums released. I'm sure Bucket is proud of the work he did with GnR, and would like to have the opportunity to play it live.

I wouldnt mind if he came back cause he's a phenominal guitarist. But he had his opportunity in my opinion. He shouldnt have left the band. Who cares if he was upset cause the album wasnt coming out. You dont think Tommy, Robin, Dizzy, Brain, Chris, and Richard were mad too. But they hung in there, through thick and thin, and look at how tight the band is right now in 2006. Never better.

Bucket blew it. He left when things werent so good. So now, if he comes back I'll view it as him only wanting the attention, popularity and the fame that will come along with being part of Guns once Chinese Democracy is actually released. Not actually in it for the music.

But, thats just my two cents.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 02:10:06 AM »

Local radio station here in NJ said that HOB Atlantic City was holding the New Years Eve spot? for a "special performance by a special band".

Now by December, I think they'll be on the east coast, so who knows!

I can confirm I heard this as well, earlier today on a NY station while I was driving in the car hihi

That would just be too awesome for words

what station bandita?

I am pretty sure it was Q104.3 because that is what my radio is usually set to in the car.

I either heard it on that, 92.3 or 105.5...don't remember, but those are the only three I listen to!
GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 02:25:45 AM »

the HOB in AC is an awesome close venue to see them in-(the balcony overhangs like 3 rows in which is perfect for those like me who like to see the band instead of a sea of heads in GA)- but it only seats like 1,500- way too small for a GNR new years show unless they do a few nights there that week, which would be silly since they can do 2 nites at the borgata or taj mahal which is about equal to 4 nites at the HOB.
GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 02:31:43 AM »

did they say when they are announcing this "special" show?
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 02:41:52 AM »

Bet your ass I'll be at the HOB show if it happens.. Jersey is only a 2 hour drive Smiley So if I'm in line by 8am, I'll get a good spot!  peace

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
mdttkk
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 02:48:34 AM »

dont believe every idiot on the internet
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 03:02:08 AM »

Who are you addressing exactly?? This thread is about TOUR RUMORS not concrete information anyway.

Anyplace in AC would be awesome for me on New Years!? GNR, drinking, partying and gambling-my fav activities!? I hope this one happens!

did they say when they are announcing this "special" show?

Not that I remember, I wasn't paying close attention until I really understood the potential of what they were talking about-
xPhoeniX
Headliner

sh*t

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2006, 03:22:28 AM »

I house sit for a guy who puts on concerts/shows here in the phoenix area.  ie..  VR, Queen, OCC, Skynard..    I talked to him yesterday and he said he has been talking to GnRs people.  He said they want too much money and he is still iffy on them showing up. 

I did put in a good word though.. said I saw them 4 nights in NY and it kicked ass.  He asked if they were late going on..  I said  Yes, but its not really late when you know theyre going on 2 hours after they say.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2006, 03:26:39 AM »

nice job jacking my avatar

but back onto point, why am I an idiot? because I posted a RUMOR in a tour RUMOR thread? go piss off....

but they just said they'll have info on it soon, but that the HOB in AC has reserved the New Years Date for a "special artist playing a special performence". Could really be anyone, but hell I'd love for it to be GnR! AC is like 3 hours from my house so I'd make the journey!
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2006, 04:36:55 AM »

his response basically was...
"I dont care about all the fucking douche bags on your guns n roses board, Im a Buckethead fan, I'll be watching him perform with guns n roses this Thursday, leave me alone."

Heheh... the poor fella. I don't cast doubt that some family member at MTV said that BH would play and this guy believes it; but I do think the family member at MTV could have possibly mistaken one "Bword-bodypart" name for another (B-ucket-head / B-umble-foot) and told this guy-- with the best intentions-- that Buckethead was playing.

Who knows! i DO like the insane amounts of anticipation that GNR is capable of generating.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2006, 05:01:47 AM »

Yup, Buckethead would make the train even pick up more steam, there'd be no stopping Gnr with Buckethead and Axl at the helm.......
LOL. The whole 2002 fiasco is still a fresh memory to me... what about you?

You sum-up perfectly the situation yes
« Last Edit: August 30, 2006, 05:18:34 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2006, 05:10:23 AM »

i doubt buckethead will rear his head on thurs on MTV.  i also doubt he'll play live with GnR again. he had his time, it didnt seem to work out, so.... any other interesting rumours re the hopefully upcoming tour with the current line-up??
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2006, 06:57:04 AM »

A friend of mine (who works for Palace Sports & Entertainment) told me that GNR requested November 16 & 17 2006. They were scheduling the Pistons home games at that time and couldn't give them clearance yet.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2006, 10:24:37 AM »

LOL. The whole 2002 fiasco is still a fresh memory to me... what about you?

You sum-up perfectly the situation yes

2002 debacle had nothing to do with Buckethead, he was in Philidelphia with the whole band ready to his job... Axl wasn't there for some reason that we all don't know. That reason had NOTHING to do with Buckethead. Buckethead is the most unique thing about the new band and it will own souls if he is on stage with them again soon.  Smiley
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2006, 11:11:42 AM »

However, Buckethead is on the album no matter what... so Im happy.

Why are you so sure?

Ron said that he's not on the album at all, so who else could be there...  Roll Eyes hopefully they don't remove BH's TWAT solo, that would butcher the song Tongue

Dont Cry
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2006, 03:19:54 PM »

Whos to say Bumblefoot isn't Buckethead? ...
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2006, 03:24:17 PM »

Whos to say Bumblefoot isn't Buckethead? ...
NO! Angry

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: