Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:14:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228140 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Congrats to Slash for having 3 Greatest solos ever according to Brit poll
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Congrats to Slash for having 3 Greatest solos ever according to Brit poll  (Read 10401 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: August 28, 2006, 04:16:37 PM »

I find it amusing that Slash gets high praise and I have yet to see it on this board.

It says Guns N Roses but Slash is the guitar soloing genius responsible for being on the list.

British radio station Planet Rock asked listeners to come up with a top 40 Best Guitar Solos Of All Time and GN'R had three songs in the top 20.
Top 20
1 Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
2 Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
3 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Freebird
4 Van Halen - Eruption
5 Guns N' Roses - November Rain
6 Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
7 Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing
8 Jethro Tull - Aqualung
9 The Eagles - Hotel California
10 Deep Purple - Child In Time
11 Queen - Brighton Rock
12 Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower
13 Deep Purple - Highway Star
14 Wishbone Ash - Throw Down The Sword
15 Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears
16 Cream - Crossroads
17 Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
18 Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You
19 Ten Years After - I'm Going Home (Woodstock)
20 Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile

So Congrats Slash for being the greatest ever! ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 06:01:45 PM »

All three are great timeless songs, very cool... Lists suck but it's nice to see what is though of..
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 06:05:34 PM »

Well the #1 spot is no suprise. I think Estranged belonged there instead of PC but its nice that GNR got 3 solos on the list.  beer
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 07:12:44 PM »

I find it amusing that Slash gets high praise and I have yet to see it on this board.

sure as hell doesn't shock me on these "gnr " forums..
GNRslaxl
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 07:51:15 PM »

Congratulations to Slash, my god  Cool Grin
alcapone_dudu
Rocker

Black Frog

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 08:43:12 PM »

Yeah man, great topic.

Congrats Mr. Slash!  beer

''...you in the jungle baby!!''  drool
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 10:30:59 PM »

It is so amazing how big of a bad ass Slash is, yet, still gets shit all the time about how he is not very fast or "technical".....  Ha!
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 10:45:51 PM »

Funny, I don't see BH or Finck on that list and yet from reading all the gnr forums Finck and BH are both ten times better than the "technically-challenged" Slash.

Way to go slash, hope to see more great top-hated solos in the near future.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
W 23 AXL II
VIP

I like A minor more so than C major

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 12:56:01 AM »

Pretty incredible when u think about it....2 songs in the top 5 even, extremely impressive and extremely telling....Slash is one of the best guitarists, the whole package...of all time!
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 01:15:31 AM »

Pretty incredible when u think about it....2 songs in the top 5 even, extremely impressive and extremely telling....Slash is one of the best guitarists, the whole package...of all time!

Agreed  beer

Although Slash has at least 10 masterpieces on my list of the best 20 solos. Including Snakepit gems like Neither Can I, Back and Forth Again or Serial Killer!  yes

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 01:33:24 PM »

Funny, I don't see BH or Finck on that list and yet from reading all the gnr forums Finck and BH are both ten times better than the "technically-challenged" Slash.

DO NOT go there on this thread.

Understood?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 02:16:13 PM »

beer

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 02:27:37 PM »

I don't think most people who support the "new" GN'R have any problems crediting Slash for all the amazing music he has created or had part in creating.

But at the same time, without Axl's "November Rain", there'd be no place for Slash's solo....

What's also interresting is that GN'R is the youngest band of those listed. There's no other bands from that era in the top 20.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Origen
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 02:56:07 PM »

But at the same time, without Axl's "November Rain", there'd be no place for Slash's solo....

Yet it was Slash SCOM (musically) that got them to their highest spot not November Rain.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 03:02:38 PM »

I've never had a problem with the new band.

I only have a problem with people who try and discredit the original band's contributions. ok

I remember a year ago or so there was a poster who even suggested that Axl sang the guitar solos to Slash he composed them based on Axl's humming. hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 03:34:34 PM »

Understood?

Hey, I like and support the new band. That's why I'm here. I think Finck and BH are talented. But people try to discredit Slash and say that Finck and Bucket are better. I don't agree with that since it was Slash's guitar parts that I fell in love with, and everyone else here did as well. I'm not bashing them really, just pointing out that most of the world agrees that Slash is a superior player.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Shirell
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 03:37:22 PM »

Slash is a guitar god  no doubt about it yes
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 04:26:30 PM »

Understood?

Hey, I like and support the new band. That's why I'm here. I think Finck and BH are talented. But people try to discredit Slash and say that Finck and Bucket are better. I don't agree with that since it was Slash's guitar parts that I fell in love with, and everyone else here did as well. I'm not bashing them really, just pointing out that most of the world agrees that Slash is a superior player.

There's absolutely no reason to even bring Finck or BH into this thread, it promotes the same old arguments that have been discussed ad nauseum for years.?

If you want to compare/contrast or make blanket statements of who is the "superior player", do so in the Dead Horse section.? Plenty of threads there discussing just that...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
RichardNixon
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 05:04:18 PM »

Duh, it's OBVIOUS that when they listed those three songs, they are talking about the live versions from the '02, '06 tours with Finck, BH, and Ron. Get a clue.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 05:22:41 PM »

Yet it was Slash SCOM (musically) that got them to their highest spot not November Rain.

A song which he hated at first, a song which he wrote as a joke and others in the band thought sounded good enough to work on.

So you see, it takes more than a guitar solo to get a song noticed.

I only have a problem with people who try and discredit the original band's contributions. ok

Anybody who tries to discredit what they managed to do in that short time just makes themself look kinda stupid.

Some people might discredit the importance of certain band members input, not what the band as an unit achieved.

There's a difference.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: