Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:34:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Wasnt TWAT supposted to be about axls childhood abuse?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wasnt TWAT supposted to be about axls childhood abuse?  (Read 5938 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: August 26, 2006, 01:12:48 PM »

I know I heard Axl say this back in 1999 or so, and by listening to the song and reading the lyrics, it really does not have to do with that. So did Axl rewrite the lyrics or was he misquoted, or am I thinking of another song?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 01:14:14 PM »

It would help if you linked to the original quote.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 01:21:43 PM »

It would help if you linked to the original quote.

I cannot find it, that is why I was asking. It was always in the  back of my mind that TWAT was about Axls childhood abuse. So if I am mistaken that he said that, what song did he say was.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
kever20
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 01:34:36 PM »

I'm pretty sure he never put a name to the song. I think it was in the same article that was written about a John Lennon tribute song (CITR?). I don't believe there were any quotes from Axl: it might've been a Kurt Loder interview, probably around 98-2002. I'm too jazzed about my tix, and I have to go to work, but I'll look for em as soon as I can.

/Kevin

EDIT: Here it is. http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=37 Yahoo Search is MAGIC!!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 01:36:33 PM by kever20 » Logged

Convicted for murder,
The bastards run free
Out on parole, out on the prowl
Freed on the bail paid by the thief
Justice supreme, the liars all ream
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 01:36:18 PM »

I'm pretty sure he never put a name to the song. I think it was in the same article that was written about a John Lennon tribute song (CITR?). I don't believe there were any quotes from Axl: it might've been a Kurt Loder interview, probably around 98-2002. I'm too jazzed about my tix, and I have to go to work, but I'll look for em as soon as I can.

/Kevin

Oh so he could have been talking about there is a song on CD about my childhood abuse then there is TWAT etc etc. And since it was so long ago my mind just put those two together

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 01:36:46 PM »

I don't think Axl himself related any of the songs he was working on to his chilhood abuse.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 01:36:51 PM »

I know I heard Axl say this back in 1999 or so, and by listening to the song and reading the lyrics, it really does not have to do with that. So did Axl rewrite the lyrics or was he misquoted, or am I thinking of another song?

It could be about a lot of things....past things, such as Stephanie Seymour, band breaking up.

Don't really know but that is my fav new song peace
kever20
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 01:40:26 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=37

Convicted for murder,
The bastards run free
Out on parole, out on the prowl
Freed on the bail paid by the thief
Justice supreme, the liars all ream
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 01:46:26 PM »

Thanks

"With 18 songs, the group's next album (they haven't released anything since 1993's "The Spaghetti Incident?") is a collection of songs, which in Axl's opinion are as good as "November Rain". Among them "Madagascar", included in the show on Sunday. The CD will include a tribute to John Lennon and another about child abuse"

But I dont think that was it, because I still had it assiocated with TWAT, but hopefully the song will still appear on Cd but i would like  to hear it, I am sure its a powerful song.

DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 01:46:48 PM »

With 18 songs, the group's next album (they haven't released anything since 1993's "The Spaghetti Incident?") is a collection of songs, which in Axl's opinion are as good as "November Rain". Among them "Madagascar", included in the show on Sunday. The CD will include a tribute to John Lennon and another about child abuse

When I listen to TWAT, the lyrics sound like they're about a jilted ex-lover.

But who knows?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 01:54:48 PM »

With 18 songs, the group's next album (they haven't released anything since 1993's "The Spaghetti Incident?") is a collection of songs, which in Axl's opinion are as good as "November Rain". Among them "Madagascar", included in the show on Sunday. The CD will include a tribute to John Lennon and another about child abuse

When I listen to TWAT, the lyrics sound like they're about a jilted ex-lover.

But who knows?

I agree that is what TWAT is not that song.

Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 01:57:42 PM »

Thanks

"With 18 songs, the group's next album (they haven't released anything since 1993's "The Spaghetti Incident?") is a collection of songs, which in Axl's opinion are as good as "November Rain". Among them "Madagascar", included in the show on Sunday. The CD will include a tribute to John Lennon and another about child abuse"

But I dont think that was it, because I still had it assiocated with TWAT, but hopefully the song will still appear on Cd but i would like? to hear it, I am sure its a powerful song.

I swear I heard that TWAT was about child abuse as well, but maybe it was some other song as TWAT is clearly not about child abuse. Regardless I'm sure I once heard a title in reference to the cild abuse song. I suppose I could be wrong though as it was a long time ago.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 04:32:44 PM »

Guys, do some research into the field of past-life regression therapy. Axl underwent this controversial method of therapy to "recover" lost memories of his childhood. Axl said in an interview with Rolling Stone that "I've done regression therapy all the way back, just about to the point of conception. I kind of know what was going on then." Not only was he able to retrieve memories of being conceived and of sexual molestation but also of a past life in which he and Stephanie Seymour were together in 15 part-lives.

There is no scientific basis for past-life regression therapy. When a person undergoes this form of treatment, they are under hypnosis and many times the psychotherapist feeds them information (this is how alien abductions are also "recovered"). When the session is done, the patient feels as if the experience is real but there is no proof that suggest that the memories recovered are actually real.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 04:53:38 PM »

Thanks

But I dont think that was it, because I still had it assiocated with TWAT, but hopefully the song will still appear on Cd but i would like? to hear it, I am sure its a powerful song.

It was probably just forum speculation. Remember the title There Was A Time was in existence long before it leaked. People assumed Catcher In The Rye was about John Lennon's death and they were right. People also assumed TWAT was about child abuse because it was a long time ago. They were wrong.

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 04:56:14 PM »

I actually would think Leave Me Alone is the most likely candidate for the song about child abuse. The name was mentioned by Marco Beltrami as one of the songs he did arrangements for. The title would seem appropriate. It could also be directed at the media, or people who intrude on his reclusive lifestyle.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 05:45:24 PM »

Guys, do some research into the field of past-life regression therapy. Axl underwent this controversial method of therapy to "recover" lost memories of his childhood. Axl said in an interview with Rolling Stone that "I've done regression therapy all the way back, just about to the point of conception. I kind of know what was going on then." Not only was he able to retrieve memories of being conceived and of sexual molestation but also of a past life in which he and Stephanie Seymour were together in 15 part-lives.

There is no scientific basis for past-life regression therapy. When a person undergoes this form of treatment, they are under hypnosis and many times the psychotherapist feeds them information (this is how alien abductions are also "recovered"). When the session is done, the patient feels as if the experience is real but there is no proof that suggest that the memories recovered are actually real.

Hear hear.
later reserches report that a good part of those people ended up having new memories of their chilhood abuse after the therapies of the time. Hypnotic suggestions. 

Anyway the article doesn't say a song about his childhood abuse.
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 05:46:10 PM »

I always assumed "Seven" would be hte song about childhood abuse.  Who knows...
KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 07:09:23 PM »

Something slightly tasteless about this thread.
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 07:37:58 PM »

Im sorry but this thread looks like an axlroseven's...
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 07:51:40 PM »

Doesnt make a lot of the sense to me. The narrator persona of the song is clearly talking about stuff that happens to an adult.

"Cocaine in the fall".

"Or the money,
Or the lawyers,
Or the stranger that she met"

or whatever it is. Just an example.

etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: