Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:07:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  My story of meeting Ron and Izzy in Oslo - oh, and hello!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: My story of meeting Ron and Izzy in Oslo - oh, and hello!  (Read 7248 times)
Mikkel
Headliner

I like Grandaddy.

« on: August 25, 2006, 08:53:59 PM »

Hey guys,

I've just signed up here, but I've been lurking around these boards for ages and HTGTH is about the only GNR site I bother visiting, 'cause Jarmo is so damn cool. Y'all might have noticed my Roskilde pictures in the tour gallery!

Anyways, I thought I'd do a first proper post in this forum by telling you about meeting Ron and Izzy! I hope that will suffice as an alright "Hi, I'm new here" kind of post... Smiley

Alright, so I was in Oslo to see GNR for the third time on this tour and ever, having also seen them in Paris and at Roskilde. Oslo was the best gig of them all... It was so epic - everyone were in great moods, security was great and friendly, and me and my sister could walk right into the exclusive area in front of the stage, although we got there after doors opened. (After spending 11 hours waiting for GNR in Paris, I decided to try a different method this time.)

Anyway, you've all heard about how fantastic the gig was and it happened over a month ago, so I'm not gonna bore you with old news, like.

So, the next day me and my sister were just cruising around Oslo, and we'd been walking up to see the castle, and then on our way back, down what I imagine to be the Rodeo Drive of Oslo, we passed Grand Hotel, and out the corner of my eye, not paying any attention, I thought I saw a familiar face. And sure enough! It was Ron, standing with his guitar bag outside the quite big band bus.

I went up to him and said hi, and he was super friendly from the get-go. I complimented him on a fantastic show the night before, and we just talked back and forth a bit, and he told me about how frustrating it was when the shows were running late, 'cause he felt the same way as the audience - he just wanted the show to start! He didn't blame Axl for anything, but talked about how it just takes one person in an entourage of 16 to be late to make everyone late. He also told about their night out in Helsinki and hanging out with Raikkonen, with whom Axl and Frank had been racing some cars, which was why Axl had referred to Frank as his "partner in crime" at the show the night before. He also showed me his guitar and was in every possible way the coolest person to meet ever! My sister took a picture of us... Ron is the cool looking one... Wink

I asked for the other guys, but they were already in the bus - which was like right next to us - and Ron said that by the time they got there, they preferred to left alone. Fair enough, but man, it would have been awesome to meet them! I did see Richard pop his face out at one point, though. Axl had already taken off that morning.

So then while we were chatting away, suddenly Izzy came out of the hotel! And I was a bit star struck, 'cause Izzy is hella cool, like! He was a bit all over the place, but I did get to say hi and such, and I also got a picture with him... I truly treasure this one! Smiley

He was clearly in a hurry, and a cab pulled up to pick him up, but before that he had a peek inside the bus, to "see how the big guys are traveling", as he put it, which I thought was funny. Ron was about to go on the bus, so we said our goodbyes with him. He said that Dizzy and Frank were on their way out, so we waited a while for them, but they didn't come out, so we took off and got our stuff and took off for the airport.

We were going back to Denmark, and we'd made quite good time at the airport, so we were just walking around, trying to figure out what to spend out last Norwegian kroner on... We went to a little kiosk-type place and looked at some magazines. There was this rock n' roll looking guy in front of us, and I had this feeling it was gonna be a familiar face when he turned around... And it was! It was Tommy! There were all sorts of people around us, though, so I didn't actually say anything - which I do regret a bit, but I'm sure Tommy appreciated it.

Anyhow, we saw where he was going - and he was heading into gate 47, and we were at gate 48! I looked inside there, and there GNR was! I couldn't believe that! Tommy, Richard, Robin, and Ron were all there, but they were boarding at that point, so I had no chance to go in there. So instead, I started taking pictures, all paparazzi style, which I didn't particularly liked doing, but I had to capture 'em somehow! And then while I was busy shooting, my sister told me, "hey, Ron's recognized us!" - which he had! So he started posing for the camera, even with his boarding pass, and again being way cooler than one could have hoped for! Here's the best shot I took:

We watched them board their plane to Greece, and then we went to our own gate and flew back to Denmark...

It was so awesome! An excellent finale to my little three-date GNR tour around Europe! And thank you tons, Ron, if you happen to be reading this! I hope you'll be in GNR forever! Smiley

That was that... Quite a long first post... I'll try to be less wordy in future posts!? ok

Peace out, power to the people, and blame Canada,
Mikkel Smiley

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 08:58:47 PM »

What a great post and story!  Love the pic of you and Izzy!  Man, I wish I could be this lucky! beer
gmGnR
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 09:03:05 PM »

Hey guys,

I've just signed up here, but I've been lurking around these boards for ages and HTGTH is about the only GNR site I bother visiting, 'cause Jarmo is so damn cool. Y'all might have noticed my Roskilde pictures in the tour gallery!

Anyways, I thought I'd do a first proper post in this forum by telling you about meeting Ron and Izzy! I hope that will suffice as an alright "Hi, I'm new here" kind of post... Smiley

Alright, so I was in Oslo to see GNR for the third time on this tour and ever, having also seen them in Paris and at Roskilde. Oslo was the best gig of them all... It was so epic - everyone were in great moods, security was great and friendly, and me and my sister could walk right into the exclusive area in front of the stage, although we got there after doors opened. (After spending 11 hours waiting for GNR in Paris, I decided to try a different method this time.)

Anyway, you've all heard about how fantastic the gig was and it happened over a month ago, so I'm not gonna bore you with old news, like.

So, the next day me and my sister were just cruising around Oslo, and we'd been walking up to see the castle, and then on our way back, down what I imagine to be the Rodeo Drive of Oslo, we passed Grand Hotel, and out the corner of my eye, not paying any attention, I thought I saw a familiar face. And sure enough! It was Ron, standing with his guitar bag outside the quite big band bus.

I went up to him and said hi, and he was super friendly from the get-go. I complimented him on a fantastic show the night before, and we just talked back and forth a bit, and he told me about how frustrating it was when the shows were running late, 'cause he felt the same way as the audience - he just wanted the show to start! He didn't blame Axl for anything, but talked about how it just takes one person in an entourage of 16 to be late to make everyone late. He also told about their night out in Helsinki and hanging out with Raikkonen, with whom Axl and Frank had been racing some cars, which was why Axl had referred to Frank as his "partner in crime" at the show the night before. He also showed me his guitar and was in every possible way the coolest person to meet ever! My sister took a picture of us... Ron is the cool looking one... Wink

I asked for the other guys, but they were already in the bus - which was like right next to us - and Ron said that by the time they got there, they preferred to left alone. Fair enough, but man, it would have been awesome to meet them! I did see Richard pop his face out at one point, though. Axl had already taken off that morning.

So then while we were chatting away, suddenly Izzy came out of the hotel! And I was a bit star struck, 'cause Izzy is hella cool, like! He was a bit all over the place, but I did get to say hi and such, and I also got a picture with him... I truly treasure this one! Smiley

He was clearly in a hurry, and a cab pulled up to pick him up, but before that he had a peek inside the bus, to "see how the big guys are traveling", as he put it, which I thought was funny. Ron was about to go on the bus, so we said our goodbyes with him. He said that Dizzy and Frank were on their way out, so we waited a while for them, but they didn't come out, so we took off and got our stuff and took off for the airport.

We were going back to Denmark, and we'd made quite good time at the airport, so we were just walking around, trying to figure out what to spend out last Norwegian kroner on... We went to a little kiosk-type place and looked at some magazines. There was this rock n' roll looking guy in front of us, and I had this feeling it was gonna be a familiar face when he turned around... And it was! It was Tommy! There were all sorts of people around us, though, so I didn't actually say anything - which I do regret a bit, but I'm sure Tommy appreciated it.

Anyhow, we saw where he was going - and he was heading into gate 47, and we were at gate 48! I looked inside there, and there GNR was! I couldn't believe that! Tommy, Richard, Robin, and Ron were all there, but they were boarding at that point, so I had no chance to go in there. So instead, I started taking pictures, all paparazzi style, which I didn't particularly liked doing, but I had to capture 'em somehow! And then while I was busy shooting, my sister told me, "hey, Ron's recognized us!" - which he had! So he started posing for the camera, even with his boarding pass, and again being way cooler than one could have hoped for! Here's the best shot I took:

We watched them board their plane to Greece, and then we went to our own gate and flew back to Denmark...

It was so awesome! An excellent finale to my little three-date GNR tour around Europe! And thank you tons, Ron, if you happen to be reading this! I hope you'll be in GNR forever! Smiley

That was that... Quite a long first post... I'll try to be less wordy in future posts!? ok

Peace out, power to the people, and blame Canada,
Mikkel Smiley

Awesome!  yes

Paris - 06/06/1992
Paris - 07/13/1993
NYC - 12/05/2002
NYC - 05/12/2006
NYC - 05/14/2006
NYC - 05/17/2006,
E. Rutherford - 11/05/2006
NYC - 11/10/2006
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 09:04:13 PM »

great pics and great story! glad to hear it!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 09:06:38 PM »

Izzy is quite a dapper guy. He looks great.   

bumble needs a stylist but he is a damn nice guy and terrific player.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
EFISH
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 09:06:46 PM »

awesome dude! seriously ron is the coolest guy with fans ever. i love how down to earth he is peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 09:14:51 PM »

Welcome to the board, and thanks for posting that nice Oslo story.

It was a great show!  Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 09:23:18 PM »

Great story man!!! I hope you can stick around and communicate with all of us. Welcome to Hell.  beer

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 09:34:07 PM »

That pic of Ron with his plane ticket is so funny.  Great pic.  ok
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 09:49:50 PM »

Awesome story........i've only got to meet steven and slash? Undecided
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 09:54:47 PM »

Absofuckinglutely AWESOME! Great post. Haven't seen one of these in a while.
One lucky dude. ?beer
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 10:06:34 PM »

That's a great story.  You were real fortunate and lucky to have met those guys and run into them accidentally TWICE and see the shows that you saw.  This band sounds real down to earth and it's cool how nice they are to everyday fans.
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 10:20:49 PM »

Awesome story man!

Ron is so amazing.

I havent heard one bad thing about the guy.

He's just way too awesome!
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 10:30:23 PM »

How can you not remember the endless discussions we've had with other members?? no

Of course, you probably mean people who actually met him personally, not people who listened to a shitty quality 10 second audio clip and hate him for that.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 10:45:38 PM »

one of the best first posts ever!  welcome  Grin  I hope I have some similar stories to tell from Vegas  Cheesy
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 10:57:51 PM »

Great story man, thanks for sharing it with us. Love the pictures as well. Bumblefoot looks like a cool, fun guy as usual and Izzy is pretty stylin'.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 11:01:19 PM »

How can you not remember the endless discussions we've had with other members?  no

Of course, you probably mean people who actually met him personally, not people who listened to a shitty quality 10 second audio clip and hate him for that.

Yeah I was talking about people who've met him and know what he's about.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 11:29:20 PM »

Cool story, I'm new here too
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 12:30:55 AM »

Fantastic stuff, my man!
Chief
Legend

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 01:16:02 AM »

wow you are a lucky bastard! thanks for sharing the story and pics though, that rules! i hope i can meet some of them some time!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: