Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 05:34:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228121 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Christianity now a crime in the UK
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christianity now a crime in the UK  (Read 6170 times)
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: August 25, 2006, 06:22:10 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=402337&in_page_id=1770

Footballer gets a criminal record because he did the sign of the cross. Apparently, he offended a few Muslims, and was charged with inciting religious hatred. White, Christian British will be a minority in their own country in this century. Even as a kvlt black metal fan, this sickens me.

This isn't politics. This is the West at risk of extinction.
anythinggoes
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 06:27:09 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=402337&in_page_id=1770

Footballer gets a criminal record because he did the sign of the cross. Apparently, he offended a few Muslims, and was charged with inciting religious hatred. White, Christian British will be a minority in their own country in this century. Even as a kvlt black metal fan, this sickens me.

now i aint religious but this is bullshit where the fuck does it stop something needs to be done.
Origen
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 06:32:33 PM »

Every day you open up the newspaper because they are complaining about somethink or somethink offends them and daft us let them get away with it. This is pathetic. Complaining because he made the sign of the cross.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 06:36:58 PM by Origen » Logged
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 06:46:20 PM »

That is fucking bollocks. I'm not gonna say I'm the most religious person ever to grace Earth...but seriously...thats a load of shit.

Racism and Religious prejudism is a complete fucking joke now, because apparently ANYTHING ANYONE does offends other religions or races.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 07:00:06 PM »

You are not allowed to wear religious signs at school in france ebcause it's a laic country.

Nothing to say
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 07:09:36 PM »

I agree that its incredibly lame to complain about every little thing. I hate the politically correct BS that is contained within many societies today and feel that people do overreact all the time to every little thing, however to say that white Christians becoming a minority will be the fall of Western civilization is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Now, I'm sure you were exaggerating for emphasis and I can dig that, but religions come and go in the world. It is the way it always has been. If not we'd still be worshipping Osiris or Odin or Zeus/Jupiter or whatever other god there was that passed away after enduring years of popularity. Now, Christianity is a fairly new religion and I don't expect it to disappear in my lifetime, but it will disappear eventually. Its what religions do. They come around for a thousand years and cause both good and terrible evil and then they fade away.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 07:28:32 PM »

I wouldn't give a shit if a Muslim did a Muslim sign of faith!

Look how many Mosques etc are in the UK currently...and imagine someone from the UK trying to set up a Church in a Muslim country...they would be shot.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 12:09:35 AM »

This is getting way out of hand!  Blame the Labour party! 

And dammit, they're Christmas trees not "holiday" trees!

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!  rant
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 12:28:32 AM »

Talk about conspiracy theory................
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 12:36:29 AM »

Turbens offend me.. Can I complain to the police?

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 12:44:46 AM »

Nope, because then they'll throw you in jail for racism.  no
BLS-Pride
Jack Daniel's drinkin'
Banned
Legend

Roses of Velvet Mother Fuckers.

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 12:46:54 AM »

Nope, because then they'll throw you in jail for racism.  no

FUCK. I lose both ways.. Damn. Oh well.. If ever in the UK I will wear that of a priest and flash the jesus gang sign to all muslims I come across.

www.rosesofvelvet.com
[BLS-Pride] 10:16 pm: ron - lemmy is god.. agreed?
[Bumblefoot] 10:16 pm: Lemmy created God.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 02:07:40 PM »

I agree that its incredibly lame to complain about every little thing. I hate the politically correct BS that is contained within many societies today and feel that people do overreact all the time to every little thing, however to say that white Christians becoming a minority will be the fall of Western civilization is about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Now, I'm sure you were exaggerating for emphasis and I can dig that, but religions come and go in the world. It is the way it always has been. If not we'd still be worshipping Osiris or Odin or Zeus/Jupiter or whatever other god there was that passed away after enduring years of popularity. Now, Christianity is a fairly new religion and I don't expect it to disappear in my lifetime, but it will disappear eventually. Its what religions do. They come around for a thousand years and cause both good and terrible evil and then they fade away.

Here here!  beer 
BTW, yes, it's a silly over-reaction to give someone a criminal record for making a sign of the cross.  If a Muslim wants to make a sign of the crescent, or a Jew the Star of david, who cares?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 02:36:52 PM »

Here here!  beer 
BTW, yes, it's a silly over-reaction to give someone a criminal record for making a sign of the cross.  If a Muslim wants to make a sign of the crescent, or a Jew the Star of david, who cares?

i do.
it's scary for young children.

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 03:22:58 PM »

do any of you actually understand the situation? Do you know what problems exist between rangers and celtic?

Obviously not, because if you did then you'd understand the Boruc's action could've incted a riot. But no, reactionary this...PC gone mad that...muslims (where the fuck did the muslims come from?) the other. This was between catholics and protestants and doesnt involve muslims in the slightest - but dont let the facts get in the way - who actually read the article in question?

Previous cases exists where rangers and celtic players have been cautioned for sectarian gestures towards opposing fans; the fact that he crossed himself rather than mimicked playing a flute is not the issue. His actions were inciteful and intentional.

His actions were similar to burning an american flag at an NRA rally.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 03:27:00 PM by 2NaFish » Logged
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 03:34:13 PM »

Did he do it towards fans, or just discreetely to himself?

Is it possible that he didn't realize what he was doing, 2na?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 03:44:33 PM »

he did it for the benefit of the fans, and there's no way he could claim he didnt realise what he was doing - i've seen him do it at other grounds as well to wind up fans.

99% of the rangers support are protestant. most of them dislike catholics at the best of times. even more of them will have been wipped up into a mob frenzy. Thats more than 50,000 people baying for blood

His actions were intentional and inflammatory. And could've led to violence. In the recent past people have been murdered after Old Firm (rangers and celtic) games and his actions increased the chances of that happening again substantially.

Scotland, the west particularly, has atrocious problems with bogorty and sectarianism making an example of idiots like boruc is just a small step to eradicating that.

Where muslims come in to this i dont know - some of you need to engage your brains before writing.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 03:47:21 PM »

People are too afraid to be anti-something-or-other that they become so politically correct that it's wrong. That's what happened here. But Western culture isn't going to become extinct, as someone suggested... hihi

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
2NaFish
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 03:51:54 PM »

People are too afraid to be anti-something-or-other that they become so politically correct that it's wrong. That's what happened here. But Western culture isn't going to become extinct, as someone suggested... hihi

thats not what happened here at all. He was trying to incite 50,000 people.

his actions couldve led to murders. thats not an over exaggeration. if he wants to cross himself, fine. however he did it to wind people up - he is in a position of responsibility when on the football pitch and he abused that.
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 04:09:42 PM »

thats not what happened here at all. He was trying to incite 50,000 people.

his actions couldve led to murders. thats not an over exaggeration. if he wants to cross himself, fine. however he did it to wind people up - he is in a position of responsibility when on the football pitch and he abused that.

I the number he was trying to "incite" may have been a little lower...like...1.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: