Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:31:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumblings from "insiders" - GN'R are going to play VMAs [RUMOR]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumblings from "insiders" - GN'R are going to play VMAs [RUMOR]  (Read 20360 times)
Crazyman
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2006, 10:30:15 PM »

Is this the same source that said GnR was going to play 'Prostitute' on May 12?
Steel_Angel
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2006, 10:32:58 PM »

omfg, this is hilarious. i love bbf.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2006, 10:34:29 PM »

If I had to bet, I would say there is way too much to lose by playing, than any gain they would get by playing.? Axl is going to present, act cool, and that's about it.? Good for him!? Heck, the buzz he is going to get from speculation leading up to the show is priceless!!

I don't think they'll play. But even one good song, or a shortened version of one can't hurt more than an award givaway itself. Unless the song, sound, and reaction to it are poor.

Presenting and acting cool, eh, ok. I don't mind seeing him up there for a bit.

But when it comes to some buzz generation, please. This on and off and mostly nothing over the years is not an uncommon running joke out there. How long did the amazing buzz for an album last after the most recent appearance? In the end you're correct though when it comes to not hinting at anything in anyway if nothing concrete album-wise it firmly planned.

He should just plug the upcoming shows.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2006, 10:37:08 PM »

Don't let these people hype you up. GN'R isn't gonna play the VMA's. Theres no insider here. Even BBF says "99.9999999% unlikely" and some people still hold hope. Ain't happening.

99.999999999% sure.

But then again, you will all be disapointed  ok

Just be happy were probably going to hear some Chinese Democracy related stuff when he presents (or afterwards/before)

Strange how the insider comes around after the "Axl is going to present an award" announcement...  confused

Im not saying it definitly won't happen.. I only know as much as most people do, but THINK about it.. they probably wont be playing.

-jack

gnrevolution.com
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2006, 10:39:04 PM »

this is horse shit dont believe it.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2006, 10:39:45 PM »

Don't let these people hype you up. GN'R isn't gonna play the VMA's. Theres no insider here. Even BBF says "99.9999999% unlikely" and some people still hold hope. Ain't happening.

99.999999999% sure.

He's no insider either, though, and he plays with them ?hihi

So don't be that hard on people who say it's not happening.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2006, 10:47:06 PM »

Axl, should not play.  In fact, imho, he should avoid the whole thing.  Really, I am hoping Snoop, Shakira, the ten other Snoop-rapper groups, the three flavor of the week boy-bands, and the R&B crooners (who, btw, can't hold a note to save their lives) all announce their retirement.  Bob Dylan is right, most modern so-called musicians suck.

I wish the line-up was full of good young bands--like Rocket 88 and Wolfmother instead of this crap.  The Raconteurs are good, though!
gibb
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2006, 10:53:36 PM »

Russian, thanks for the info. 

Why does this whole thread turn into people bashing?  What a waste of 6 pages...

Sure this is only a rumor, but I hope they do play.  It's major exposure and means things are in the works for the album release, most likely.  Just because it's on MTV and MTV plays a lot of really horrible music doesn't mean it's a bad thing.  They were playing a lot of horrible music when the WTTJ video came out, or when Nirvana came out,etc...point is things can change.  Here's hoping a performance happens or a video is premiered and things start to change...
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2006, 10:55:44 PM »

Axl, should not play.? In fact, imho, he should avoid the whole thing.? Really, I am hoping Snoop, Shakira, the ten other Snoop-rapper groups, the three flavor of the week boy-bands, and the R&B crooners (who, btw, can't hold a note to save their lives) all announce their retirement.? Bob Dylan is right, most modern so-called musicians suck.

I wish the line-up was full of good young bands--like Rocket 88 and Wolfmother instead of this crap.? The Raconteurs are good, though!

All these young bands are exactly the reason GNR should play. Am I saying that a Fall out Boy fan will hear Gn'R and say " Wow, this is great, I should check them out" Maybe, Maybe not. A lot of younger kids discovered the Clash , Ramones etc through bands like FOB and Good Charlotte. I have no doubt that regardless of any sound system problems, GnR would show these "punks" how it is done and also get publicity that would cost them thousands ?in advertising for free. I am sure the money they save can be used to get Dizzy out of his bar gig.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2006, 10:55:50 PM »

Axl should have MTV world premier his new video at the show, and then he should tell everyone the album release date. He has too much to lose if he has sound problems while performing.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2006, 11:00:40 PM »

If he does, just play ONE song and a new one.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2006, 11:01:04 PM »

99.999999999% sure.

He's no insider either, though, and he plays with them  hihi

So don't be that hard on people who say it's not happening.

Haha. Now THAT'S a good one! Ron seems to be such a nice guy, but you're really just calling a spade a spade with that one!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2006, 11:20:19 PM »

http://bumbleforum.lesvilles.org/viewtopic.php?t=1798&start=840

Message posted by Ron on his forum:

Haven't heard anything about performing at the VMAs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnSo0Qa_cA0&mode=related&search=

Guess they aint playin or maybe Ron hasnt gotten the memo yet cuz he's in Jersey.
Steel_Angel
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2006, 11:26:11 PM »

any of these can happen

-a surprise gig without bbfoot (bring back teh buket!)
-no surprise gig, axl presents award then leaves
-axl announces CD release date and performs!
-who cares

the confusion!
no more patience
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2006, 11:27:21 PM »

hi im mr russian guy... "i have insiders!" can't tell u who! hee hee hee...gnr is gonna play or maybe or who knows...

ur cool! ok

this is a song about your fucking mother!
SkiX
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2006, 11:52:55 PM »

Guys, guys, guys, you can all be quiet now because I really have the insider word...
I have several close friends to the band, they all are saying that Axl has infact kicked everyone out of the band and brought back the old members, but you know... like, to cover my ass, take it as a grain of salt, it MIGHT happen, maybe not... you know? I'm saying both things so when one happens, I will say "I SAID THAT OMFG!" ... anyway, I have insiders, so yea... bye!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2006, 12:48:25 AM »

If he does anything other than just present, it will be to come out on stage with another act like he did with Tom Petty.

Maybe an existing performer plays 75 percent of there current hit, Axl comes out and helps them finish it, then that band breaks into something like Sweet Child..........
I think that does more for his image with the current Mtv generation, than a GnR performance does.
Mattattack
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2006, 12:55:10 AM »

If he does anything other than just present, it will be to come out on stage with another act like he did with Tom Petty.

Maybe an existing performer plays 75 percent of there current hit, Axl comes out and helps them finish it, then that band breaks into something like Sweet Child..........
I think that does more for his image with the current Mtv generation, than a GnR performance does.
Maybe Axl will rock out with Paris Hilton?. Rock out with his cock out on Paris Hilton!! All the present MTV acts fucking suck. Do you think Axl should rock out with Fall Out Boy or rap with Fifty? He will perform with his band or he won't perform at all.
TempleOfRoses
Headliner

Hit It!!

« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2006, 01:20:06 AM »

I don't get why everyone immediately starts bashing someone who wants to present them with info that they've heard.  If you don't believe the guy than fine but why does everyone have to get on him like he's just killed a man.  Either believe it or not, theres no reason for it to get personal like it has.

We argue too much here.
Super-Ecwfan1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2006, 01:52:38 AM »

Someone should tell the admins...that link to Yahoo.com helped me realize the value of my property.  ( hint it took me to Yahoo.Finace or Yahoomoney )

Who is playing at the MTV Music Awards ? I mean I checked the MTV.Com site and VMA site and its a fucked up nightmare. I couldn't find out who or what Rock band was supposed to play the VMA 's and I'd suggest Axl play with them and then present.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: