Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:19:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumblings from "insiders" - GN'R are going to play VMAs [RUMOR]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumblings from "insiders" - GN'R are going to play VMAs [RUMOR]  (Read 20298 times)
EFISH
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2006, 09:31:18 PM »

Fortus. And you seem like you are trying to get attention, because "your friend knows a guitarist in GNR that rhymes with Bore Tusk" ? Roll Eyes
Steel_Angel
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2006, 09:31:35 PM »

logan from velvetrope forum once said he heard chinese democracy master CD... and also that he was friends with fortus.. or sumfin like that..

he deleted his account from there tho.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2006, 09:31:45 PM »

my point was that Axl Rose doesn't owe anyone anything. The caps were meant to emphasize the point.
So you'd like to be convinced you will never get an album again? OK, time to go. No one owes you anything and you wont get it either way. ?Smiley

?? I honestly don't understand what you're trying to say.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2006, 09:33:16 PM »

Fortus. And you seem like you are trying to get attention, because "your friend knows a guitarist in GNR that rhymes with Bore Tusk"   Roll Eyes

I said it rhymes with Bore Tusk to be funny, mate. Not for attention.  ok
Kov
1-800 UNBELIEVABLE
Headliner

gunsnroses.hu chinesedemocracy.com

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2006, 09:35:30 PM »

You are making a fool out of yourself, really... Stop, and talk straight.  Undecided

HTGTH policy:

*poof*
Gone.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2006, 09:41:15 PM »

You are making a fool out of yourself, really... Stop, and talk straight.  Undecided

I've been talking "Straight" this entire topic, my friend. Try reading it again before you respond, eh?  ok

The only cryptic thing I've said so far was "Bore Tusk," which was actually to make fun of all the other cryptic answers that are always given on this forum, but looks like people didn't get it. Someone asked me which guitarist I was referencing, and I told him. Simple as.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2006, 09:46:20 PM »

I disagree with you guys Axl will release the date for Chinese Democracy you ask why ? well why would he even show up to the VMAs.? A. millions of people watch every year what better publicity is that B. I've seen millions of artist plug there new albums look at Macy Gray she even wore at dress with the albums name and release date.? C. I think we will see a little surprise at the end say a Better, Chinese Democracy, Sweet Child O Mine medley.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
PrettyTiedUp763
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2006, 09:48:55 PM »

I think we will see a little surprise at the end say a Better, Chinese Democracy, Sweet Child O Mine medley.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for that.  Roll Eyes That seems really unlikely.
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2006, 09:50:14 PM »

Why go you guys gave to bash him.

He's just giving info he has.

Heres a crazy story:

Basically gnr and MTV know how crazy and obsessive gnr fans are and that we latch on to any rumour like a parachute on a burning plane.

They strategically played a few ads of the VMAs with gnr mentions hoping that some fans will see it and report it but at the same time showing it only once in a blue moon so as to make it seem dubious at the same time.

Then they go on and announce a week before the vmas that Axl will be a presenter so the fans will definitely watch the show for Axl and they know that by announcing Axls participation at the VMA's the fans would once again start specualting whether gnr would perform or not.

At the same time Dizzy's got a gig so fans will debate whether they will play cuz Dizzy's booked for a gig leading to more endless discussion and debate.

It all seems like the perfect plan to get some buzz going before the vmas for ratings cuz ratings equal the almighty dollar and at the end of the day thats what counts.

Personally I dont know if GNR will perform. But I certainly will watch and I know all of you will too.

Origen
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2006, 09:53:12 PM »

well why would he even show up to the VMAs.
Um because he's presenting an award.

B. I've seen millions of artist plug there new albums look at Macy Gray she even wore at dress with the albums name and release date.
So the biggest suspence for the release date for this album and you think Axl will just announce it at some award show.

C. I think we will see a little surprise at the end say a Better, Chinese Democracy, Sweet Child O Mine medley.
Even if they performed why do you think it would be a medley again. And Axls band/Guns N Roses which ever you prefer to call it isn't there Axl is there alone.

fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2006, 09:55:23 PM »

I disagree with you guys Axl will release the date for Chinese Democracy you ask why ? well why would he even show up to the VMAs.  A. millions of people watch every year what better publicity is that B. I've seen millions of artist plug there new albums look at Macy Gray she even wore at dress with the albums name and release date.  C. I think we will see a little surprise at the end say a Better, Chinese Democracy, Sweet Child O Mine medley.

hell if they do a medley I can only imagine they will start with sweet child for sure. It is their most famous song and that intro will drive the crowd nuts.

If you guys check youtube its like no 42 on the most viewed video and one of only 5 or 6 music videos in the top 50 videos ever viewed.

I think from there they will go on to Better or the Blues although I have no clue what they will end with.

Or they might just play all of Better.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2006, 09:59:27 PM »

--In 2002, one of the bandmembers had a show scheduled on the night of the VMA's
--The last twenty minutes of the 2002 VMA's were not only the most watched VMA's in history, but was the highest rated period on MTV ever--in their whole history! 
--The lousy reception (which I personally think was a collective ugh when people saw Axl's gangsta wannabe/bad cornrowed look, combined with him being flat and out of tune, and DJ's spinning the bad showing into something far worse than it really was) hurt concert sales more than any factor in 2002, which we know basically cancelled the release of CD. 
--Performing this year, at the show is a major roll of the dice.  It can make or break the tour.  I would, perform at a small club, and have it pre-recorded like they did LALD in 1991.  I would not trust the VMA soundsystem.  Also, Axl's voice never is picked up well on TV feeds.  I hope they avoid performing.  Axl, acting and looking ten times better than 2002 is plenty of publicity.

EFISH
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2006, 10:13:42 PM »

Don't get your hopes up people...

« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 10:15:32 PM by EFISH » Logged
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2006, 10:16:12 PM »

Reply from Ron to poster at mygnr named thomase about VMA preformance:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=77810&st=15

Just wish I had more time to reply tongue.gif In the studio working on Q*Ball's next album, and only home for another 2 weeks to do what should take 2 months.. tongue.gif So I keep 'em short, but mostly to rest the hands - typing *really* fucks up my hands bad sad.gif

(I'm 99.9999999999% sure we're *not* playing the VMAs...) tongue.gif

bbf

Interesting.

He did not say 100% now why would he say that.
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2006, 10:19:40 PM »

Don't get your hopes up people...

Yeah but you see he uses think instead of sure and also 99.99999999 instead of 100%.

I mean obviously even if they are playing he wouldnt spill the beans by saying, "yeah we're playing. no big deal go tell everyone you know".

But he isnt dismissing the idea completely either.

Very interesting.

EFISH
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2006, 10:22:34 PM »

Meaning he knows NOTHNG about it but doenst wnat to say 100% because if for some reason they end up commiting to it, whitin the next few days, and play.. he'd look like a liar and an ass.. so it keeps it open.. but i feel hes being honesst he knows nothing about it.. so we prob wont see them play. he didnt even no axl was presenting!! though, supose he did know.. what wuld his response be? "i cant reveal anything" thats the thing, hed prob give the same response so ya never no yes
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2006, 10:22:40 PM »

What part of "surprise" performance is not being understood here?  Roll Eyes

If it's a surprise why would Ron say "Yeah, we're playing the VMAs"? That would ruin it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2006, 10:24:18 PM »

my point was that Axl Rose doesn't owe anyone anything. The caps were meant to emphasize the point.
So you'd like to be convinced you will never get an album again? OK, time to go. No one owes you anything and you wont get it either way. ?Smiley

Forget it.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Minneapolisnewsman
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2006, 10:26:25 PM »

If I had to bet, I would say there is way too much to lose by playing, than any gain they would get by playing.  Axl is going to present, act cool, and that's about it.  Good for him!  Heck, the buzz he is going to get from speculation leading up to the show is priceless!!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2006, 10:27:31 PM »

So you'd like to be convinced you will never get an album again? OK, time to go. No one owes you anything and you wont get it either way.  Smiley

Forget it.

Done.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: