Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:33:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rumblings from "insiders" - GN'R are going to play VMAs [RUMOR]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rumblings from "insiders" - GN'R are going to play VMAs [RUMOR]  (Read 20407 times)
Steel_Angel
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2006, 08:53:56 PM »

mtv sucks? rant
not when axls involved  Grin the man is a genius, son.
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2006, 08:54:18 PM »

Round One could have been Axl tellin merck to order the first round of beers..
funny but axl owes the fans more for this years' vma based on the vma he did 4 years ago in 2002. he owes the fans more based on that ROUND 1 in 2002 at vma.

Yeah you keep haning on to that lovely little thought.
it should be more than a thought it should be reality because what was the point of axl saying ROUND 1 in 2002 if all he is going to do 4 years later this year is just present an award? Can you say boring? Axl will have done the wrong thing and something wrong something very wrong if that is all he does this year based on the eddie trunk interview promising the cd in the fall, the europe tour, and the leaks "IRS" "Better" and "There Was A Time" There was a time! Axl should fake present and announce the release date while performing on stage with guns n roses guns n f$cking roses. This is what Axl should do because of the past because of the 2002 mtv vma with gnr.

"The nominees for Best Rap Act are... [reads list of names] And the winner is... Eminem! Oh, and by the way everybody. ROUND TWO!" [takes on Christ stance with fingers raised in the air, then exits stage]

Yes, that would be lame.
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2006, 08:54:44 PM »

I'm very aware of the incidents, and I knew people wouldn't believe me. That's what this world is messed up of including me. No trust.
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2006, 08:55:26 PM »

Round One could have been Axl tellin merck to order the first round of beers..
funny but axl owes the fans more for this years' vma based on the vma he did 4 years ago in 2002. he owes the fans more based on that ROUND 1 in 2002 at vma.

Yeah you keep haning on to that lovely little thought.
it should be more than a thought it should be reality because what was the point of axl saying ROUND 1 in 2002 if all he is going to do 4 years later this year is just present an award? Can you say boring? Axl will have done the wrong thing and something wrong something very wrong if that is all he does this year based on the eddie trunk interview promising the cd in the fall, the europe tour, and the leaks "IRS" "Better" and "There Was A Time" There was a time! Axl should fake present and announce the release date while performing on stage with guns n roses guns n f$cking roses. This is what Axl should do because of the past because of the 2002 mtv vma with gnr.

"The nominees for Best Rap Act are... [reads list of names] And the winner is... Eminem! Oh, and by the way everybody. ROUND TWO!" [takes on Christ stance with fingers raised in the air, then exits stage]

Yes, that would be lame.
What would be LAME is Axl presenting the award to Eminem and nothing happened...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2006, 08:56:45 PM »

Axl owes it to the fans to...

Again:

AXL ROSE DOES NOT OWE YOU, ME OR ANYONE ELSE ON EARTH ANYTHING. WE HAVE ALL CHOSEN TO FOLLOW THIS BAND. AXL, NOT ANYONE ELSE ON EARTH FORCED YOU TO.
you sound smart with the the caps on.

You insults never sound remotley intelligent.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
madagas
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2006, 08:57:11 PM »

Ellroy, you are right, Pink said she wanted to see Buckethead...not Axl. Grin Bucket was primed to be the next great guitar hero Embarrassed a little too flaky though. hihi
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2006, 08:59:31 PM »

Again:

AXL ROSE DOES NOT OWE YOU, ME OR ANYONE ELSE ON EARTH ANYTHING. WE HAVE ALL CHOSEN TO FOLLOW THIS BAND. AXL, NOT ANYONE ELSE ON EARTH FORCED YOU TO.

You sound like a cult member.

Axl is a musician. A musician who has promised his fans an album. When you promise FANS that have given you a career to release an album, that means you owe them an album. By your logic George W. Bush doesn't owe us any of the promises he made during the election primaries because WE chose to have him as our leader, and he can do whatever he wants. Of course, Bush isn't the best example when it comes to this since he HASN'T done a lot of things - but why do you think so many people are upset?

If Axl had come out in 1999 and told us "The album will never be out, I'm retiring" - THEN he would owe us nothing.

Stop kidding yourself.

I sound like the cult member??

People have dreamed up reasons like what you listed off are more like the cult guys.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
jaypayton
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2006, 09:00:06 PM »

now i have to sit thru 3 hours of crappy awards show watching emo losers and rap posers hoping axl plays..wait theres this thing called a VCR....and the fast forward button..cool
Steel_Angel
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2006, 09:00:40 PM »

Again:

No No! it wasnt an insult, babe Cheesy remotely*
Ellroy
Rocker

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2006, 09:01:07 PM »

You know. THis forum is very disrespected toward members that wanted to help. I told everyone that Guns N' Roses will show up at the VMA 2006 because I saw the commercial of it. Before that, you guys joked on that and think it wouldn't happen. Look who had the last laugh now! I was right! And still you guys still joked on that Guns N' Roses will never perform nor give out the release date.

I remember your post in the subject about the guy who saw a poster for the VMAs with Axl on it. To be fair, I never said that I doubted you in anyway as I believe you saw the commercial you told us about. I do remember thinking that the commercial probably included GNR because they were huge on MTV back in the day and their appearance in 2002 was a big draw for the channel. However, it seems that I was wrong in my assumption and that you were right in yours. You must remember that we've been getting rumors for VMA appearances here since 2002 and that most of us are very cynical and skeptical when it comes to this particular rumor (and the superbowl one which I imagine will pop up in the next few months). Please excuse those that called you a liar and other names. As hard as it is out there for a pimp it is even harder for a GNR fan when it comes to being believed about something only they saw or heard regarding the band.

"So, for those who believe in the cause...thank you for your support." - Axl Rose, May 15th 2006
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2006, 09:03:06 PM »

People have dreamed up reasons like what you listed off are more like the cult guys.

I would respond, but I honestly don't even know what you were trying to say there.

Either way, stop avoiding the matter - you said Axl owes us nothing. When a musician makes a promise to fans that we will hear a new album at some point in time, he's made a promise, and he owes his fans that much. It's common decency, and if you can't comprehend how a promise to a worldwide fanbase would not obligate this person to deliver what he has promised, you are delusional.

Axl would even disagree with you on this one. I can't imagine Axl ever saying "I don't owe you anything" - not after 14 years buddy.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2006, 09:06:32 PM »

Who's the guitarist your friend has close contact with, Russian?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2006, 09:09:00 PM »

If Gn'R chooses to play or MTV asks them, whatever , I highly doubt Dizzys scheduled gig for 300 or so fans is going to get in the way.

Axl: "Dizz, you are gonna have to cancel that gig, MTV wants us, and it is awesome FREE promtion for the release of ChiDem"

Dizzy: "Sorry, Axl, but I have a $2,000 guarantee no matter how many people show up, and I get half of the beer money, so I can't do it"

Axl: " I may have no choice other than to promote Pitman to stage right keyboards"

Dizzy: "Ok, I give in!"

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2006, 09:11:23 PM »

Again:

No No! it wasnt an insult, babe Cheesy remotely*

Typing errors aside, my point was that Axl Rose doesn't owe anyone anything. The caps were meant to emphasize the point.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2006, 09:13:23 PM »

I would respond, but I honestly don't even know what you were trying to say there.

Either way, stop avoiding the matter - you said Axl owes us nothing. When a musician makes a promise to fans that we will hear a new album at some point in time, he's made a promise, and he owes his fans that much. It's common decency, and if you can't comprehend how a promise to a worldwide fanbase would not obligate this person to deliver what he has promised, you are delusional.

Axl would even disagree with you on this one. I can't imagine Axl ever saying "I don't owe you anything" - not after 14 years buddy.

You guys seem to be missing the point. Just because an artist has been working on new material for any period on time doesn't mean they *owe* it you to release it. It's YOUR choice to hang on and wait for this album. Axl is in no way forcing you. Thats why he doesn't owe it to you.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2006, 09:13:47 PM »

Doesn't MTV have 5 or 6 performers already, I don't think GNR would play at any spot other then closing. ?We ll see what happens definitely exciting stuff though.

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2006, 09:13:52 PM »

my point was that Axl Rose doesn't owe anyone anything. The caps were meant to emphasize the point.
So you'd like to be convinced you will never get an album again? OK, time to go. No one owes you anything and you wont get it either way. ?Smiley

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2006, 09:17:53 PM »

I honestly don't understand alot of the people on this board sometimes.

MTV announces that Axl Rose is presenting an award, not Guns N' Roses is presenting an award. They also make no mention whatsoever of any sort of performance, simply that he is presenting an award. On top of that, a member of GNR has a show scheduled that night in a whole other city.

So immediately the original thread bursts into flames with everything from "THEYRE GONNA PLAY!" to "AXL IS GOIN TO ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE DATE!!". Then a whole other thread is started that says "insiders" say GNR is gonna play that night.

After the VMAs air and it comes and goes with Axl doing only what MTV claimed he was going to do in the first place, all these people on here are going to blame Axl as if he's done something wrong.

Dead on.   hihi

In fact, some people are ALREADY blaming Axl.... and he can "make it up to them" by announcing the release date and performing.  I wonder if there is any other band in history that has had fans like this. 
themovieaddict.com
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2006, 09:27:46 PM »

His name rhymes with "Bore Tusk." Kind of.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2006, 09:30:17 PM »

His name rhymes with "Bore Tusk." Kind of.

If you keep blowing up his spot like that, "Bore Tusk" may have to see if Timberlake has a spot for him on his upcoming tour.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: